'God's Not Dead' and Former 'Hercules' Actor Kevin Sorbo Defends Christian Faith After Bill Maher Criticizes God (VIDEO)
When "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" star Kevin Sorbo recently promoted his new Christian film, "God's Not Dead," he was not afraid to voice his opinion regarding the recent comments made by the "Real Time with Bill Maher" host. Last Friday, Bill Maher recently called God a "psychotic mass murderer" on his show.
"I wonder what happened to him in his lifetime, because the atheists I have met, not all of them are angry. I've got some very good friends who are atheists and they just don't believe, they simply don't believe. We've had great debates about it and things like that," said Sorbo to Newsmax in a recent article. "There is no reason to even try to talk to a guy like that because he has so much hate."
Like Us on Facebook
"The thing that's really disturbing about Noah isn't the silly, it's that it's immoral. It's about a psychotic mass murderer who gets away with it and his name is God. Genesis says God was so angry with Himself for screwing up when He made mankind so flawed that He sent the flood to kill everyone. Men, women, children, babies, what kind of tyrant punishes everyone just to get back at the few he's mad at," said the 58-year old comedian on the March 14 episode of "Real Time with Bill Maher."
Sorbo is a very outspoken Christian who is never ashamed of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. The former "Andromeda" star recently spoke to BreatheCast about multiple topics including playing Prof. Radisson in the new Christian film and his viewpoint regarding Christians criticizing other Christians and misinterpreting the Bible.
"You have extremes on both sides," said Sorbo to BreatheCast. "Whack jobs on all sides, if you are truly a Christian in my mind you don't condemn people who say they're Christian, you shouldn't condemn anybody anyway. The whole idea is to love your neighbor as you love yourself, but the problem is a lot of people don't love themselves."
"God's Not Dead" was directed by Harold Cronk, and stars Kevin Sorbo, Shane Harper, Dean Cain and David A.R. White. It will be released in over 700 theaters throughout the United States. The "God's Not Dead" film debuts in movie theaters today.
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Lecrae Discusses 'Anomaly' Album and Dealing with Groupies on 'Sway in the Morning'; 'You're More Valuable Than All That' (VIDEOS)
Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae appeared on the "Sway in the Morning" show to talk about his upcoming album Anomaly and share his thoughts on rap music, Christianity, and how he feels about groupies.
Country Star Reba McEntire Calls the World to ‘Pray For Peace’ with New Song She Says Was ‘Sent From God’ (VIDEO)
People and celebrities everywhere joined Reba McEntire as she released her newest song “Pray For Peace” calling the world to prayer during difficult times of war and division.
Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Christian rap/rock artist Manafest has been making inspirational and powerful music for the last ten years. His latest album The Moment will be releasing on August 5, and if one thing is for certain, Manafest has not had a "Moment" to slow down as he has consistently released albums, instrumentals, and now a book and audio book.
Candace Cameron Bure Addresses Hiding Cyber Bullies; Inspired By 'Three Immodestly Dressed Women Walk Into a Church' (VIDEO)
Candace Cameron Bure's resurface in the mainstream media has allowed the former "Full House" actress to openly share her faith, but due to her stance on modesty and her particular dress code has also made her a target. The actress addresses her critics in her latest blog post.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too