'God's Not Dead' and Former 'Hercules' Actor Kevin Sorbo Defends Christian Faith After Bill Maher Criticizes God (VIDEO)
When "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" star Kevin Sorbo recently promoted his new Christian film, "God's Not Dead," he was not afraid to voice his opinion regarding the recent comments made by the "Real Time with Bill Maher" host. Last Friday, Bill Maher recently called God a "psychotic mass murderer" on his show.
"I wonder what happened to him in his lifetime, because the atheists I have met, not all of them are angry. I've got some very good friends who are atheists and they just don't believe, they simply don't believe. We've had great debates about it and things like that," said Sorbo to Newsmax in a recent article. "There is no reason to even try to talk to a guy like that because he has so much hate."
Like Us on Facebook
"The thing that's really disturbing about Noah isn't the silly, it's that it's immoral. It's about a psychotic mass murderer who gets away with it and his name is God. Genesis says God was so angry with Himself for screwing up when He made mankind so flawed that He sent the flood to kill everyone. Men, women, children, babies, what kind of tyrant punishes everyone just to get back at the few he's mad at," said the 58-year old comedian on the March 14 episode of "Real Time with Bill Maher."
Sorbo is a very outspoken Christian who is never ashamed of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. The former "Andromeda" star recently spoke to BreatheCast about multiple topics including playing Prof. Radisson in the new Christian film and his viewpoint regarding Christians criticizing other Christians and misinterpreting the Bible.
"You have extremes on both sides," said Sorbo to BreatheCast. "Whack jobs on all sides, if you are truly a Christian in my mind you don't condemn people who say they're Christian, you shouldn't condemn anybody anyway. The whole idea is to love your neighbor as you love yourself, but the problem is a lot of people don't love themselves."
"God's Not Dead" was directed by Harold Cronk, and stars Kevin Sorbo, Shane Harper, Dean Cain and David A.R. White. It will be released in over 700 theaters throughout the United States. The "God's Not Dead" film debuts in movie theaters today.
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Lecrae Speaks Out on Katy Perry Lawsuit; 'It's My Guy Flame's Song...that Statement About the Witchcraft...I Don't Stand Behind That' (VIDEO)
Lecrae addressed the lawsuit against Katy Perry in a recent MTV interview in which the rapper revealed he does not stand behind Christian rapper Flame's statements.
'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
BreatheCast attended the New York premiere of the film 'Persecuted' over the weekend and spoke with actresses Tanya Wright and Laura Gomez from 'Orange is the New Black'.
Chonda Pierce's Husband Remembered as 'Devoted and Loving'; GoFundMe Account Started for Family Raises Over $50K for Expenses (WAKE SCHEDULE)
Christian comedian Chonda Pierce lost her husband David this week after he suffered a hemorrhage brought upon by a heart attack and a major stroke. She is now asking people to stand by her in celebrating her husband's life.
Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
BreatheCast caught up with comedian/actor Brad Stine on the red carpet of the New York premier of 'Persecuted,' where he passionately declared that the media demeaning Christian or religious based stories is a violation of America's First Amendment rights.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too