"The Bible" series on History Channel Biggest Ratings Yet to Come?
Will episode 4 of "The Bible" be highest rated episode of the series so far?
The ratings for "The Bible" series, produced by Mark Burnell ("Survivor" "The Apprentice") and Roma Downy ("Touched by an Angel") have surpassed everyones expectations from a ratings stand point. The premiere episode became the highest rated cable series of the year at almost 14 million viewers.
The ratings haven't dipped over the last few weeks for episode 2 and 3 either at over 10 million viewers each week and holding the top spot on cable tv.
Like Us on Facebook
What can we expect for episode 4? Jesus made his first appearance in episode 3 showing his birth and then his baptism with John the Baptist as an adult. His ministry was just beginning as they showed Jesus getting in the boat with Peter and telling him to come and be "fishers of men".
Episode 4 will share the stories of Jesus feeding the crowds in Galilee and bringing Lazarus, a dead man, back to life. Jesus will enter Jerusalem riding on a donkey-a declaration that he is the Messiah and the people of the city praise him. They will show Jesus turning on the money-changers in the Temple and kicking them out. Caiphas works on getting Judas to betray Jesus and succeeds. They show the scene of Jesus and the disciples at the Last Supper and the chaos that it brings. Jesus then gets arrested and condemned to death as the disciples scatter.
With Jesus and His story being at the forefront of episode 4, I would imagine ratings for episode 4 could be the highest yet leading into the final week of the series. Christians and non-Christians alike are drawn to the story and man of Jesus and this expects to be the most realistic and powerful portrayal of his life and ministry on film to date. The final episode airing on Easter should be a ratings blockbuster.
Tune in Sunday night on the History Channel at 7pm CST to watch episode 4.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
Switchfoot Explains Meaning of 'When We Come Alive' in Interview; Song Describes Journey that's Made Them 'Burn Brightly' (VIDEO)
Switchfoot band members Chad Butler (drummer) and Jerome Fontamillis (keyboardist) recently spoke about their new album Fading West in an interview, specifically about the song "When We Come Alive."
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too