"The Bible" series on History Channel Biggest Ratings Yet to Come?
Will episode 4 of "The Bible" be highest rated episode of the series so far?
The ratings for "The Bible" series, produced by Mark Burnell ("Survivor" "The Apprentice") and Roma Downy ("Touched by an Angel") have surpassed everyones expectations from a ratings stand point. The premiere episode became the highest rated cable series of the year at almost 14 million viewers.
The ratings haven't dipped over the last few weeks for episode 2 and 3 either at over 10 million viewers each week and holding the top spot on cable tv.
Like Us on Facebook
What can we expect for episode 4? Jesus made his first appearance in episode 3 showing his birth and then his baptism with John the Baptist as an adult. His ministry was just beginning as they showed Jesus getting in the boat with Peter and telling him to come and be "fishers of men".
Episode 4 will share the stories of Jesus feeding the crowds in Galilee and bringing Lazarus, a dead man, back to life. Jesus will enter Jerusalem riding on a donkey-a declaration that he is the Messiah and the people of the city praise him. They will show Jesus turning on the money-changers in the Temple and kicking them out. Caiphas works on getting Judas to betray Jesus and succeeds. They show the scene of Jesus and the disciples at the Last Supper and the chaos that it brings. Jesus then gets arrested and condemned to death as the disciples scatter.
With Jesus and His story being at the forefront of episode 4, I would imagine ratings for episode 4 could be the highest yet leading into the final week of the series. Christians and non-Christians alike are drawn to the story and man of Jesus and this expects to be the most realistic and powerful portrayal of his life and ministry on film to date. The final episode airing on Easter should be a ratings blockbuster.
Tune in Sunday night on the History Channel at 7pm CST to watch episode 4.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty