"The Bible" Mini-Series: Jesus played by Diogo Morgado is Outstanding in Episode 4
Playing the role is Jesus and doing it justice is clearly an impossible task, seeing how he was fully God and fully human and being a sinless man (which no one else is). But with that said, as closely as a man can get to portraying Jesus on screen, Diogo Morgado, has done a mesmerizing job so far.
Episode 4 entitled, "Mission", was a full two hour episode focused on Jesus mission and life, show as He gathers his disciples and works miracles as people begin to discover who He is and why He is put on the earth.
Like Us on Facebook
When producer Roma Downey was asked of choosing Diogo for the role she said, "A lot of prayers went into finding Diogo". "We needed both a lion and a lamb, an actor who was charismatic and physically strong yet humble and gentle." She and Burnett were impressed with Morgado's audition video, and a meeting was quickly set. "When we saw him walking up the pathway to our house, we knew we'd found our Jesus," Downey says. "Most young actors today have a swagger. Diogo has a wonderful humility, a stillness. He is the heartbeat of our piece."
After seeing Diogo as Jesus for a full two hour episode now, he seems to have captured that essense of humility and strength about as well as you can. His facial expressions really help capture the emotion that he is feeling in each scene and gives a glimpse as to what is going on inside his mind and heart.
The way he speaks to the crowds with peace and confidence really hits home to the way Jesus would have spoke to his disciples and crowds of people. He seems to always be in control, never an outburst of unintended emotion. When he looks into peoples eyes and the way he physically interacts with people whether disciples or sick strangers, he comes across with such a love and care for whoever he comes into contact with.
It is fascinating to see some of the stories that have been overlooked or never brought to film in such a realistic way.
Diogo Morgado has done a wonderful acting job in my opinion so far and am excited to see the final two-hour episode entitled "Passion" next Sunday on Easter as this 10 hour, 5 part series wraps up.
What have you thought of Diogo Morgado's portrayal of Jesus so far?
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Fifty Shades of Grey' Challenged by Faith Based Movie 'Old Fashioned'; Releases the Same Day and Provides a Godly Alternative (VIDEO)
The creators of the upcoming faith based film Old Fashioned, have announced that they've scheduled to release the new "chivalry is not dead" love film on the same weekend Universal debuts, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too