"The Bible" Mini-Series: Jesus played by Diogo Morgado is Outstanding in Episode 4
Playing the role is Jesus and doing it justice is clearly an impossible task, seeing how he was fully God and fully human and being a sinless man (which no one else is). But with that said, as closely as a man can get to portraying Jesus on screen, Diogo Morgado, has done a mesmerizing job so far.
Episode 4 entitled, "Mission", was a full two hour episode focused on Jesus mission and life, show as He gathers his disciples and works miracles as people begin to discover who He is and why He is put on the earth.
Like Us on Facebook
When producer Roma Downey was asked of choosing Diogo for the role she said, "A lot of prayers went into finding Diogo". "We needed both a lion and a lamb, an actor who was charismatic and physically strong yet humble and gentle." She and Burnett were impressed with Morgado's audition video, and a meeting was quickly set. "When we saw him walking up the pathway to our house, we knew we'd found our Jesus," Downey says. "Most young actors today have a swagger. Diogo has a wonderful humility, a stillness. He is the heartbeat of our piece."
After seeing Diogo as Jesus for a full two hour episode now, he seems to have captured that essense of humility and strength about as well as you can. His facial expressions really help capture the emotion that he is feeling in each scene and gives a glimpse as to what is going on inside his mind and heart.
The way he speaks to the crowds with peace and confidence really hits home to the way Jesus would have spoke to his disciples and crowds of people. He seems to always be in control, never an outburst of unintended emotion. When he looks into peoples eyes and the way he physically interacts with people whether disciples or sick strangers, he comes across with such a love and care for whoever he comes into contact with.
It is fascinating to see some of the stories that have been overlooked or never brought to film in such a realistic way.
Diogo Morgado has done a wonderful acting job in my opinion so far and am excited to see the final two-hour episode entitled "Passion" next Sunday on Easter as this 10 hour, 5 part series wraps up.
What have you thought of Diogo Morgado's portrayal of Jesus so far?
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty