"The Bible" Mini-Series: Jesus played by Diogo Morgado is Outstanding in Episode 4
Playing the role is Jesus and doing it justice is clearly an impossible task, seeing how he was fully God and fully human and being a sinless man (which no one else is). But with that said, as closely as a man can get to portraying Jesus on screen, Diogo Morgado, has done a mesmerizing job so far.
Episode 4 entitled, "Mission", was a full two hour episode focused on Jesus mission and life, show as He gathers his disciples and works miracles as people begin to discover who He is and why He is put on the earth.
Like Us on Facebook
When producer Roma Downey was asked of choosing Diogo for the role she said, "A lot of prayers went into finding Diogo". "We needed both a lion and a lamb, an actor who was charismatic and physically strong yet humble and gentle." She and Burnett were impressed with Morgado's audition video, and a meeting was quickly set. "When we saw him walking up the pathway to our house, we knew we'd found our Jesus," Downey says. "Most young actors today have a swagger. Diogo has a wonderful humility, a stillness. He is the heartbeat of our piece."
After seeing Diogo as Jesus for a full two hour episode now, he seems to have captured that essense of humility and strength about as well as you can. His facial expressions really help capture the emotion that he is feeling in each scene and gives a glimpse as to what is going on inside his mind and heart.
The way he speaks to the crowds with peace and confidence really hits home to the way Jesus would have spoke to his disciples and crowds of people. He seems to always be in control, never an outburst of unintended emotion. When he looks into peoples eyes and the way he physically interacts with people whether disciples or sick strangers, he comes across with such a love and care for whoever he comes into contact with.
It is fascinating to see some of the stories that have been overlooked or never brought to film in such a realistic way.
Diogo Morgado has done a wonderful acting job in my opinion so far and am excited to see the final two-hour episode entitled "Passion" next Sunday on Easter as this 10 hour, 5 part series wraps up.
What have you thought of Diogo Morgado's portrayal of Jesus so far?
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Newsboys Drummer Duncan Phillips Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery Just Days Before Tour Begins; 'Recovery will be Swift!' (VIDEO)
Duncan Phillips, drummer of the Newsboys and their definite leader of personality, just underwent a successful knee surgery and posted a picture on Instagram.
Chonda Pierce's Husband David Passes Due to Complications from a Stroke and Heart Attack; Suffered Brain Hemorrhage
Update: It has come to our attention that Chonda Pierce's husband David passed last night. The following article is the timeline of events as to what ahppened to David as reported before we learned of his passing - "Chonda Pierce's Husband David Needs Prayers; Comedienne's Spouse Suffers Heart Attack, Stroke, and Now has Brain Hemorrhage"
Lecrae Discusses 'Anomaly' Album and Dealing with Groupies on 'Sway in the Morning'; 'You're More Valuable Than All That' (VIDEOS)
Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae appeared on the "Sway in the Morning" show to talk about his upcoming album Anomaly and share his thoughts on rap music, Christianity, and how he feels about groupies.
Switchfoot Performs 'When We Come Alive' Live on the 'Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson'; 'Fading West' Appears on Netflix August 1 (VIDEO)
Last night Switchfoot played their new single "When We Come Alive" on the "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" on CBS.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too