"The Bible" Mini-Series: Jesus played by Diogo Morgado is Outstanding in Episode 4
Playing the role is Jesus and doing it justice is clearly an impossible task, seeing how he was fully God and fully human and being a sinless man (which no one else is). But with that said, as closely as a man can get to portraying Jesus on screen, Diogo Morgado, has done a mesmerizing job so far.
Episode 4 entitled, "Mission", was a full two hour episode focused on Jesus mission and life, show as He gathers his disciples and works miracles as people begin to discover who He is and why He is put on the earth.
Like Us on Facebook
When producer Roma Downey was asked of choosing Diogo for the role she said, "A lot of prayers went into finding Diogo". "We needed both a lion and a lamb, an actor who was charismatic and physically strong yet humble and gentle." She and Burnett were impressed with Morgado's audition video, and a meeting was quickly set. "When we saw him walking up the pathway to our house, we knew we'd found our Jesus," Downey says. "Most young actors today have a swagger. Diogo has a wonderful humility, a stillness. He is the heartbeat of our piece."
After seeing Diogo as Jesus for a full two hour episode now, he seems to have captured that essense of humility and strength about as well as you can. His facial expressions really help capture the emotion that he is feeling in each scene and gives a glimpse as to what is going on inside his mind and heart.
The way he speaks to the crowds with peace and confidence really hits home to the way Jesus would have spoke to his disciples and crowds of people. He seems to always be in control, never an outburst of unintended emotion. When he looks into peoples eyes and the way he physically interacts with people whether disciples or sick strangers, he comes across with such a love and care for whoever he comes into contact with.
It is fascinating to see some of the stories that have been overlooked or never brought to film in such a realistic way.
Diogo Morgado has done a wonderful acting job in my opinion so far and am excited to see the final two-hour episode entitled "Passion" next Sunday on Easter as this 10 hour, 5 part series wraps up.
What have you thought of Diogo Morgado's portrayal of Jesus so far?
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty