'Star Wars Rebels:' Freddie Prinze Jr. to Voice The Jedi Cowboy Kanan (TRAILER)
"Star Wars Rebels" executive producer Dave Filoni has just announced new character in the new animated series named Kanan, a "cowboy Jedi," who is voiced by actor Freddie Prinze Jr.
Kanan was forced to live underground in secrecy due to Emperor Palpatine's Order 66 declaration that slaughtered the Jedi Council in "Revenge of the Sith" film. As a result, Kannan felt he must conceal his Jedi skills and identity in order to survive.
Like Us on Facebook
"You suddenly have this cocky Jedi who's willing to shoot you as much as he is willing to get you with his lightsaber," said Prinze Jr. to USA Today describing his new character adding. "He definitely has seen more than what a young man should see," which made him more vigilant than a typical Jedi.
The 37-year old actor further expressed his thoughts about his new character.
"He's been forced to shove a massive part of his life under the bed, so to speak," Prinze in the USA Today article adding. "Is he living a lie? At a certain point, the lie kind of becomes the reality. And to suddenly be forced back into your Jedi ways, it'd be a bit of a challenge for him. And pretty awesome, too, when you can see what a Jedi can actually do."
Prinze also describes his love for the Star Wars franchise.
"For people who are around our age and a bit older,Star Wars is in our DNA," says Prinze, 37. "I've heard 'May the Force be with you' about as many times as 'Hey, how you doing?' "
The animated series debuts with a one-hour special on Disney Channel in the fall before moving to half-hour episodes on Disney XD channel.
- Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
Curb Records contemporary Christian band Mikeschair released their new album All or Nothing on Apr. 1 and lead singer Mike Grayson said he and his band mates had to face the music and really give God their all.
Film Director Tim Chey has urged Hollywood to embrace "true believers" to tell Bible stories, rather than have just big name directors who do not even believe in God, and do not completely understand the faith that a majority of viewers to their biblical movie will have.
Christian Teen Shot In the Eye in NYC; Victim Gama Droiville, 13, Forgives Shooter, Thanks God Despite Horrific Injury in Brooklyn [VIDEO]
Teenager, Gama Droiville, recently suffered an horrendous attack when he was shot in his right eye in Brooklyn, New York City. However, despite the horrific injury he has said that he forgives the 21-year-old gunman Kareem Potomont because of his strong Christian faith and belief in Jesus.
Atheists File Lawsuit Against New Jersey School For Reciting 'Under God' Statement in Pledge of Allegiance
Atheists filed a lawsuit against school on behalf of New Jersey parents who condemn the fact that their child is exposed to hearing the words "under God" during daily oration of the Pledge of Allegiance due to a state law.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty