Singer/Songwriter Jason Bare Preps New CD, LOVE IS ALIVE, Launches Kickstarter
Singer/songwriter and popular worship leader Jason Bare is partnering with his fans for a new CD, Love Is Alive, by raising capital for the project through Kickstarter, a crowd-funding platform for creative projects.
"Here we are on the threshold of a brand new, full-length record! This one is a bit different from my previous projects," Bare says. "This record is totally vertically-focused, emphasizing the love that burns in all of us for the heart of God. We had a very successful Kickstarter campaign during the production of my Christmas record a couple of years ago, and I am excited to once again partner with our fans to bring this new music to fruition."
Like Us on Facebook
Bare funded his 2011 holiday release, Have You Heard, featuring the No. 1 radio single "For The First Time," through Kickstarter.
Bare has assembled a number of veterans from the Christian music industry for the new project. Luke Buishas and Aaron Rice, who have worked with the likes of Mandisa, TobyMac and Rachel Lampa, are on board to produce Love Is Alive. In preparation for the new album, Bare has been writing with several acclaimed songwriters, including Jennie Lee Riddle ("Revelation Song") and Rice, who was nominated for a Grammy for TobyMac's "Made To Love."
Bare joins a growing list of musicians and other creative people who are utilizing Kickstarter for new projects. Popular Christian artists Shaun Groves, Thousand Foot Krutch, John Schlitt and Cheri Keaggy all funded their most recent CDs through Kickstarter, as did Five Iron Frenzy, which exceeded its goal by more than 500 percent to record the band's latest CD.
Pledges are taken on Bare's personal Kickstarter site (kickstarter.com/projects/jasonbare/the-new-project-love-is-alive-from-jason-bare) and powered by Amazon, enabling backers' credit cards to be charged via a secure website—but only after the goal is met. If the goal is not met by the Kickstarter deadline, no money is collected from supporters and the project is not funded. Supporters can choose from a variety of incentives, depending on the pledge level, including a concert by Bare, an invitation to the CD Release Party in Nashville, and a mention in the CD liner notes. The deadline for pledges is July 8.
- Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
Contemporary Christian singer Matthew West spoke to BreatheCast about his upcoming "Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour," and touched upon his inspiration behind songs, how he tries to reach the audience, and much more.
Behind The Scenes Fun with Christian Musicians: Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and Jamie Grace Post Goofy Videos of Life on the Road (VIDEOS)
Some of Christian music's favorite musicians take to social media regularly to keep fans updated with video logs of their daily lives. Monday afternoon, artists Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and more all showed the lighter side of life on the road by posting videos of them or their tour mates dancing, jumping around, or being silly.
Malaysia Airlines Missing Plane: Flight 370 American Passenger Philip Wood Described as 'Man of God'
Philip Wood, a 50-year-old father of two and IBM executive, as one of the three Americans aboard the Boeing 777 jet that vanished during a flight from Malaysia to China, and his family describes him as caring, honorable, and a man of faith.
Audio Adrenaline, Kutless 'The Change A Life Tour' Brings High Energy Music Across America with Finding Favour and Shine Bright Baby (SCHEDULE/DATES)
Grammy and Dove Award winning band, Audio Adrenaline, along with modern rock/worship band Kutless began a 33-city Change A Life Tour this weekend.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty