Singer/Songwriter Jason Bare Preps New CD, LOVE IS ALIVE, Launches Kickstarter
Singer/songwriter and popular worship leader Jason Bare is partnering with his fans for a new CD, Love Is Alive, by raising capital for the project through Kickstarter, a crowd-funding platform for creative projects.
"Here we are on the threshold of a brand new, full-length record! This one is a bit different from my previous projects," Bare says. "This record is totally vertically-focused, emphasizing the love that burns in all of us for the heart of God. We had a very successful Kickstarter campaign during the production of my Christmas record a couple of years ago, and I am excited to once again partner with our fans to bring this new music to fruition."
Like Us on Facebook
Bare funded his 2011 holiday release, Have You Heard, featuring the No. 1 radio single "For The First Time," through Kickstarter.
Bare has assembled a number of veterans from the Christian music industry for the new project. Luke Buishas and Aaron Rice, who have worked with the likes of Mandisa, TobyMac and Rachel Lampa, are on board to produce Love Is Alive. In preparation for the new album, Bare has been writing with several acclaimed songwriters, including Jennie Lee Riddle ("Revelation Song") and Rice, who was nominated for a Grammy for TobyMac's "Made To Love."
Bare joins a growing list of musicians and other creative people who are utilizing Kickstarter for new projects. Popular Christian artists Shaun Groves, Thousand Foot Krutch, John Schlitt and Cheri Keaggy all funded their most recent CDs through Kickstarter, as did Five Iron Frenzy, which exceeded its goal by more than 500 percent to record the band's latest CD.
Pledges are taken on Bare's personal Kickstarter site (kickstarter.com/projects/jasonbare/the-new-project-love-is-alive-from-jason-bare) and powered by Amazon, enabling backers' credit cards to be charged via a secure website—but only after the goal is met. If the goal is not met by the Kickstarter deadline, no money is collected from supporters and the project is not funded. Supporters can choose from a variety of incentives, depending on the pledge level, including a concert by Bare, an invitation to the CD Release Party in Nashville, and a mention in the CD liner notes. The deadline for pledges is July 8.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
In 2013 many celebrities tweeted their wishes for Easter, but which of these stars actually celebrate the real reason for the holiday?
Inpop Records' March 4 release God's Not Dead-The Motion Picture Soundtrack turned out its first hit song this week with "Hold You Up," currently No. 1 on the Nielsen/BDS Hot AC/CHR chart. The single's success reflects continued momentum for the album as well, which maintains its position among the Top 10 soundtracks on iTunes' Top Soundtracks chart.
Grammy and Dove-Award winning artist Scott Stapp launched his "Proof of Life" tour last month, opening each set with his first No. 1 Christian radio hit, "Slow Suicide," from Proof of Life, his second solo album that was released on Wind-up Records Nov. 5, 2013.
As Christians around the world celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Christian rapper Andy Mineo took a leap of love and asked his long time girlfriend to marry him.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty