Singer/Songwriter Jason Bare Preps New CD, LOVE IS ALIVE, Launches Kickstarter
Singer/songwriter and popular worship leader Jason Bare is partnering with his fans for a new CD, Love Is Alive, by raising capital for the project through Kickstarter, a crowd-funding platform for creative projects.
"Here we are on the threshold of a brand new, full-length record! This one is a bit different from my previous projects," Bare says. "This record is totally vertically-focused, emphasizing the love that burns in all of us for the heart of God. We had a very successful Kickstarter campaign during the production of my Christmas record a couple of years ago, and I am excited to once again partner with our fans to bring this new music to fruition."
Like Us on Facebook
Bare funded his 2011 holiday release, Have You Heard, featuring the No. 1 radio single "For The First Time," through Kickstarter.
Bare has assembled a number of veterans from the Christian music industry for the new project. Luke Buishas and Aaron Rice, who have worked with the likes of Mandisa, TobyMac and Rachel Lampa, are on board to produce Love Is Alive. In preparation for the new album, Bare has been writing with several acclaimed songwriters, including Jennie Lee Riddle ("Revelation Song") and Rice, who was nominated for a Grammy for TobyMac's "Made To Love."
Bare joins a growing list of musicians and other creative people who are utilizing Kickstarter for new projects. Popular Christian artists Shaun Groves, Thousand Foot Krutch, John Schlitt and Cheri Keaggy all funded their most recent CDs through Kickstarter, as did Five Iron Frenzy, which exceeded its goal by more than 500 percent to record the band's latest CD.
Pledges are taken on Bare's personal Kickstarter site (kickstarter.com/projects/jasonbare/the-new-project-love-is-alive-from-jason-bare) and powered by Amazon, enabling backers' credit cards to be charged via a secure website—but only after the goal is met. If the goal is not met by the Kickstarter deadline, no money is collected from supporters and the project is not funded. Supporters can choose from a variety of incentives, depending on the pledge level, including a concert by Bare, an invitation to the CD Release Party in Nashville, and a mention in the CD liner notes. The deadline for pledges is July 8.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
Switchfoot Explains Meaning of 'When We Come Alive' in Interview; Song Describes Journey that's Made Them 'Burn Brightly' (VIDEO)
Switchfoot band members Chad Butler (drummer) and Jerome Fontamillis (keyboardist) recently spoke about their new album Fading West in an interview, specifically about the song "When We Come Alive."
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too