Singer/Songwriter Jason Bare Preps New CD, LOVE IS ALIVE, Launches Kickstarter
Singer/songwriter and popular worship leader Jason Bare is partnering with his fans for a new CD, Love Is Alive, by raising capital for the project through Kickstarter, a crowd-funding platform for creative projects.
"Here we are on the threshold of a brand new, full-length record! This one is a bit different from my previous projects," Bare says. "This record is totally vertically-focused, emphasizing the love that burns in all of us for the heart of God. We had a very successful Kickstarter campaign during the production of my Christmas record a couple of years ago, and I am excited to once again partner with our fans to bring this new music to fruition."
Like Us on Facebook
Bare funded his 2011 holiday release, Have You Heard, featuring the No. 1 radio single "For The First Time," through Kickstarter.
Bare has assembled a number of veterans from the Christian music industry for the new project. Luke Buishas and Aaron Rice, who have worked with the likes of Mandisa, TobyMac and Rachel Lampa, are on board to produce Love Is Alive. In preparation for the new album, Bare has been writing with several acclaimed songwriters, including Jennie Lee Riddle ("Revelation Song") and Rice, who was nominated for a Grammy for TobyMac's "Made To Love."
Bare joins a growing list of musicians and other creative people who are utilizing Kickstarter for new projects. Popular Christian artists Shaun Groves, Thousand Foot Krutch, John Schlitt and Cheri Keaggy all funded their most recent CDs through Kickstarter, as did Five Iron Frenzy, which exceeded its goal by more than 500 percent to record the band's latest CD.
Pledges are taken on Bare's personal Kickstarter site (kickstarter.com/projects/jasonbare/the-new-project-love-is-alive-from-jason-bare) and powered by Amazon, enabling backers' credit cards to be charged via a secure website—but only after the goal is met. If the goal is not met by the Kickstarter deadline, no money is collected from supporters and the project is not funded. Supporters can choose from a variety of incentives, depending on the pledge level, including a concert by Bare, an invitation to the CD Release Party in Nashville, and a mention in the CD liner notes. The deadline for pledges is July 8.
- Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
Curb Records contemporary Christian band Mikeschair released their new album All or Nothing on Apr. 1 and lead singer Mike Grayson said he and his band mates had to face the music and really give God their all.
Film Director Tim Chey has urged Hollywood to embrace "true believers" to tell Bible stories, rather than have just big name directors who do not even believe in God, and do not completely understand the faith that a majority of viewers to their biblical movie will have.
Christian Teen Shot In the Eye in NYC; Victim Gama Droiville, 13, Forgives Shooter, Thanks God Despite Horrific Injury in Brooklyn [VIDEO]
Teenager, Gama Droiville, recently suffered an horrendous attack when he was shot in his right eye in Brooklyn, New York City. However, despite the horrific injury he has said that he forgives the 21-year-old gunman Kareem Potomont because of his strong Christian faith and belief in Jesus.
Atheists File Lawsuit Against New Jersey School For Reciting 'Under God' Statement in Pledge of Allegiance
Atheists filed a lawsuit against school on behalf of New Jersey parents who condemn the fact that their child is exposed to hearing the words "under God" during daily oration of the Pledge of Allegiance due to a state law.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty