Should School Teachers Be Allowed to Carry Guns? Majority Says Yes!
The guys over at Politix have posted some interesting stats on this question Here.
It is a breakdown of the question "Should school teachers be allowed to carry guns?" and shows the different responses from Republicans, Democarts, Tea Party and Independents.
Almost 65% of Americans said they were in agreement with teachers having guns, while 26.5% disagreed and 8.6% say they have mixed feelings on the issue.
Like Us on Facebook
People in agreement have the feeling that school's "gun free" zones are not doing enough to deter people away and are just making the schools more defenseless against intruders. Some have commented that they are OK with more security guards carrying guns at schools but not the teachers themselves.
In a surprise to some, the Independent voters were very high in agreement to this question. Some think that independents lean towards the left, so they would think that they would think more like a Democrat, but at least in this instance, that was not the case.
In the gender breakdown, Males agreed at a 67.9% rate and Women at a 48.3% rate.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Kevin Max Opens Up About DC Talk's Origins, Their 'Squeaky Clean' Persona, and His Divorce on This Week's Bad Christian Podcast (LISTEN HERE)
Christian music legend and former singer of DC Talk and Audio Adrenaline, Kevin Max, recently had a chat with the members of the Bad Christian podcast where he spoke about the origins of DC Talk, artists "faking it" in Christian music, and his own struggles with his personal life.
Pastor Shares Battle with Chronic Depression; Shares 6 Truths for Struggling Christians, 'As Long as I'm Alive, I have Jesus'
Depression is something that is often not addressed in the church, and is in fact often looked down upon for a believer. Christians are not supposed to be depressed because they have, "the love of Jesus" in their hearts. However, depression is something that can affect everyone in their daily lives and pastor and co-founder of Bad Christian, Joey Svendsen shared about his own troubles in a blog post.
Remedy Drive's declaration of war against human trafficking and sex slavery tops the music charts with their new single "Commodity."
Ghosts in a Pennsylvania Haunted house attacked a Fox News cameraman and reporter during a live interview with the homeowner, and the ghosts are allegedly caught on camera.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too