Should School Teachers Be Allowed to Carry Guns? Majority Says Yes!
The guys over at Politix have posted some interesting stats on this question Here.
It is a breakdown of the question "Should school teachers be allowed to carry guns?" and shows the different responses from Republicans, Democarts, Tea Party and Independents.
Almost 65% of Americans said they were in agreement with teachers having guns, while 26.5% disagreed and 8.6% say they have mixed feelings on the issue.
Like Us on Facebook
People in agreement have the feeling that school's "gun free" zones are not doing enough to deter people away and are just making the schools more defenseless against intruders. Some have commented that they are OK with more security guards carrying guns at schools but not the teachers themselves.
In a surprise to some, the Independent voters were very high in agreement to this question. Some think that independents lean towards the left, so they would think that they would think more like a Democrat, but at least in this instance, that was not the case.
In the gender breakdown, Males agreed at a 67.9% rate and Women at a 48.3% rate.
- Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Son of God' Actor Diogo Morgado Takes Turn Away From Jesus to Play 'Devil-Like' Character in 'The Messengers'
'Son of God' star Diogo Morgado is stepping out of his Jesus role and heading in the complete opposite direction.
Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
Contemporary Christian singer Matthew West spoke to BreatheCast about his upcoming "Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour," and touched upon his inspiration behind songs, how he tries to reach the audience, and much more.
'Noah' Movie News: Creationist Ken Ham Questions Accuracy Controversy - Believes 'Film Could Be Counterproductive For Non-Christians'
"Answers in Genesis" and Creationist Ken Ham says the future Hollywood movie titled "Noah" differs from the Bible and believes it would do more harm than good in spreading the Gospel to non-Christians.
Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and Jamie Grace Post Goofy Videos of Life on the Road (VIDEOS)
Some of Christian music's favorite musicians take to social media regularly to keep fans updated with video logs of their daily lives. Monday afternoon, artists Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and more all showed the lighter side of life on the road by posting videos of them or their tour mates dancing, jumping around, or being silly.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty