Should School Teachers Be Allowed to Carry Guns? Majority Says Yes!
The guys over at Politix have posted some interesting stats on this question Here.
It is a breakdown of the question "Should school teachers be allowed to carry guns?" and shows the different responses from Republicans, Democarts, Tea Party and Independents.
Almost 65% of Americans said they were in agreement with teachers having guns, while 26.5% disagreed and 8.6% say they have mixed feelings on the issue.
Like Us on Facebook
People in agreement have the feeling that school's "gun free" zones are not doing enough to deter people away and are just making the schools more defenseless against intruders. Some have commented that they are OK with more security guards carrying guns at schools but not the teachers themselves.
In a surprise to some, the Independent voters were very high in agreement to this question. Some think that independents lean towards the left, so they would think that they would think more like a Democrat, but at least in this instance, that was not the case.
In the gender breakdown, Males agreed at a 67.9% rate and Women at a 48.3% rate.
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Lecrae's 'Anomaly' Now Available for Pre-Order with Two Free Tracks; Album Already at No. 1 on iTunes Hip-Hop Chart (TOUR DATES)
Lecrae's upcoming album Anomaly is now available for pre-order on iTunes, Amazon, and other online music stores.
TobyMac's 'Momentum' Helped Christian Music Fans Grieve Loss of DC Talk with Forward Moving Legendary Debut – Throwback Thursday
The year is 2001, and rap-rock/nu-metal is still ruling the air waves. For the Christian music fan, the year signals the time of mourning as its shining star DC Talk went on an indefinite hiatus. The team of Toby, Mike, and Kevin were no more a trio, and it was time for T-Mac to step up.
Nick Jonas Shedding Christian Image? New 'Racy' Video for 'Chains' Set to Rid 'Squeaky-Clean' Image (VIDEO)
Page Six, reported that the youngest member of the popular group The Jonas Brothers, is gearing up to release a "racy" new music video for his solo song "Chains" in which he denounces his years being "trapped" in the pure character of Nick Jonas.
'Black Jesus' Trailer Already Pegged 'Disrespectful,' 'Blasphemous' and a 'Mockery' by the Christians Offended With The Adult Swim Comedy (TRAILER)
The trailer of Adult Swim's new show 'Black Jesus' has already caused uproar among people that believe the upcoming comedy is highly "disrespectful."
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too