Lil' Wayne "Dedication 5" [FREE DOWNLOAD] [LISTEN NOW] / Pusha T Says "Dedication 5" is "Trash" [LISTEN NOW]
Pusha T Calls Lil Wayne's "Dedication 5" Mixtape Trash [LISTEN NOW] / Lil'Wayne "Dedication 5" Mixtape [FREE DOWNLOAD] [LISTEN NOW]
Fans of Lil'Wayne were antsy as they attempted to patiently wait for his Dedication 5 mixtape to drop, which was finally released in the beginning of September. One of his fans however, wasn't so impressed.
GOOD Music's Pusha-T hopped on twitter to let Wayne know exactly how he felt. "I think it's safe to say, you really lost it" he said. During an interview with DJ Envy, Pusha put some clarity into what the tweet really meant, a possible new Clipse album, and his work with Yeezus "Kanye West".
Like Us on Facebook
In response to the Weezy diss he said,
"I'm really just having fun with it. He's sorta rapping bad, so that doesn't help." Pusha admitted that tweet was in fact a shot at Weezy! "It was Trash," he said of Dedication 5, but he did admit that Weezy was once hungry. "Carter 2 mean," he said, but argues how Wayne has now lost it. "To be fair I would wanna blame it on drugs or lack thereof. I don't want to feel like people just fall from grace like that, but trash," he said.
While working with Kanye on his upcoming album, My Name is My Name Pusha spoke of the anti-mainstream philosophy present in the studio sessions.
"You couldn't say the word single, or radio, or radio record within the studio during this time." he revealed. "[Kanye] loves Hell Hath No Fury Pusha, he don't want me to conform to anything at all... as far as the music, it's only street music from me and him."
Can fans look forward to a Clipse reunion? Pusha is still confident that it will happen. "We talk about it all the time," he said, arguing that No Malice's new religous approach won't hurt the dynamic. [You Have] polar opposites, Dre and Big Boi, put together classic material. I know I could put together classic material with my brother."
As far as Wayne goes, I believe Pusha is thinking logically and is saying what a lot of "industry" folks won't tell Wayne. If you grew up during the "original" Cash Money era with "The Hot Boys" then you completely understand where Pusha is coming from. When Wayne was dropping albums like, "Tha Block is Hot", "Lights Out", "500 Degreez", "Tha Carter", "Tha Carter II", "Dedication 1-2",and "Da Drought 1-3", then you definitely feel where Pusha is coming from. Wayne will never be as hot as he was during the late 90s and early 2000's.
Of course I have the audio of Pusha's interview with DJ Envy down below and I also have Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 mixtape for you guys to check out. Is it really trash? Sound off in the comments and let me know what you think.
- Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
Contemporary Christian singer Matthew West spoke to BreatheCast about his upcoming "Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour," and touched upon his inspiration behind songs, how he tries to reach the audience, and much more.
Behind The Scenes Fun with Christian Musicians: Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and Jamie Grace Post Goofy Videos of Life on the Road (VIDEOS)
Some of Christian music's favorite musicians take to social media regularly to keep fans updated with video logs of their daily lives. Monday afternoon, artists Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and more all showed the lighter side of life on the road by posting videos of them or their tour mates dancing, jumping around, or being silly.
Malaysia Airlines Missing Plane: Flight 370 American Passenger Philip Wood Described as 'Man of God'
Philip Wood, a 50-year-old father of two and IBM executive, as one of the three Americans aboard the Boeing 777 jet that vanished during a flight from Malaysia to China, and his family describes him as caring, honorable, and a man of faith.
Audio Adrenaline, Kutless 'The Change A Life Tour' Brings High Energy Music Across America with Finding Favour and Shine Bright Baby (SCHEDULE/DATES)
Grammy and Dove Award winning band, Audio Adrenaline, along with modern rock/worship band Kutless began a 33-city Change A Life Tour this weekend.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty