Lil' Wayne "Dedication 5" [FREE DOWNLOAD] [LISTEN NOW] / Pusha T Says "Dedication 5" is "Trash" [LISTEN NOW]
Pusha T Calls Lil Wayne's "Dedication 5" Mixtape Trash [LISTEN NOW] / Lil'Wayne "Dedication 5" Mixtape [FREE DOWNLOAD] [LISTEN NOW]
Fans of Lil'Wayne were antsy as they attempted to patiently wait for his Dedication 5 mixtape to drop, which was finally released in the beginning of September. One of his fans however, wasn't so impressed.
GOOD Music's Pusha-T hopped on twitter to let Wayne know exactly how he felt. "I think it's safe to say, you really lost it" he said. During an interview with DJ Envy, Pusha put some clarity into what the tweet really meant, a possible new Clipse album, and his work with Yeezus "Kanye West".
Like Us on Facebook
In response to the Weezy diss he said,
"I'm really just having fun with it. He's sorta rapping bad, so that doesn't help." Pusha admitted that tweet was in fact a shot at Weezy! "It was Trash," he said of Dedication 5, but he did admit that Weezy was once hungry. "Carter 2 mean," he said, but argues how Wayne has now lost it. "To be fair I would wanna blame it on drugs or lack thereof. I don't want to feel like people just fall from grace like that, but trash," he said.
While working with Kanye on his upcoming album, My Name is My Name Pusha spoke of the anti-mainstream philosophy present in the studio sessions.
"You couldn't say the word single, or radio, or radio record within the studio during this time." he revealed. "[Kanye] loves Hell Hath No Fury Pusha, he don't want me to conform to anything at all... as far as the music, it's only street music from me and him."
Can fans look forward to a Clipse reunion? Pusha is still confident that it will happen. "We talk about it all the time," he said, arguing that No Malice's new religous approach won't hurt the dynamic. [You Have] polar opposites, Dre and Big Boi, put together classic material. I know I could put together classic material with my brother."
As far as Wayne goes, I believe Pusha is thinking logically and is saying what a lot of "industry" folks won't tell Wayne. If you grew up during the "original" Cash Money era with "The Hot Boys" then you completely understand where Pusha is coming from. When Wayne was dropping albums like, "Tha Block is Hot", "Lights Out", "500 Degreez", "Tha Carter", "Tha Carter II", "Dedication 1-2",and "Da Drought 1-3", then you definitely feel where Pusha is coming from. Wayne will never be as hot as he was during the late 90s and early 2000's.
Of course I have the audio of Pusha's interview with DJ Envy down below and I also have Lil Wayne's Dedication 5 mixtape for you guys to check out. Is it really trash? Sound off in the comments and let me know what you think.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty