Preachers Of L.A.'s Deitrick Haddon Welcomes New Baby Girl with Wife Dominique, 'We Thank You for Your Prayers'
A lot of controversy has followed Preachers of L.A. reality star and Gospel singer, Deitrick Haddon, but early Thursday morning he shared the news of the healthy delivery of a new baby girl with his wife Dominique Haddon.
The popular pastor revealed the baby's name on Facebook months before the birth, and it looks like couple stuck with their decision and named their new bundle of joy, Denver Monroe Haddon.
"Today we are celebrating the birth of our second healthy baby girl, Denver Monroe Haddon! We thank you for your prayers!!" Haddon posted as soon as the baby came into the world.
Like Us on Facebook
Haddon and Dominique began dating back when the singer/actor was in a dark place due to a rough divorce with his first wife Damita Haddon after 15 years. The two divorced in 2011 citing irreconcilable differences, however the Gospel singer came clean on his Facebook page at the top of 2013 about the messy divorce and his girlfriend at the time that happened to be pregnant with the couple's first child.
"I do admit that she did get pregnant before my divorce was final as my divorce carried on for over a year. However an abortion was not an option for me so I covered her & she covered me while we both repented of our sins & submit to spiritual leadership," he said on Facebook.
The singer's post implicated that his ex-wife and along with Stellar Award winning gospel singer Issac Carree, had an affair.
"It does not feel good when people make comments saying that I left my wife for a younger woman and a baby!! It's simply not the truth & the truth is recorded in heaven!" Haddon posted.
Haddon has since moved on and said he has learned from his painful past. His reality show has provided a platform for the singer to find restoration in the eyes of the public.
"The reality of it is, I'm not the first person that has gone through a divorce and I'm certainly not the last. Things happen. So you have to move on beyond your failures, your mistakes. And I definitely look at it as a failure, because when I set out to be married it was for the long haul... Everything on my journey has been on purpose to make me the man that I am today. It has opened up so many opportunities for me to share my message on a whole nother level that I had not been able to share the message of Jesus Christ on as a result of my mistakes." Haddon said to Christianpost.
- Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
Curb Records contemporary Christian band Mikeschair released their new album All or Nothing on Apr. 1 and lead singer Mike Grayson said he and his band mates had to face the music and really give God their all.
Film Director Tim Chey has urged Hollywood to embrace "true believers" to tell Bible stories, rather than have just big name directors who do not even believe in God, and do not completely understand the faith that a majority of viewers to their biblical movie will have.
Christian Teen Shot In the Eye in NYC; Victim Gama Droiville, 13, Forgives Shooter, Thanks God Despite Horrific Injury in Brooklyn [VIDEO]
Teenager, Gama Droiville, recently suffered an horrendous attack when he was shot in his right eye in Brooklyn, New York City. However, despite the horrific injury he has said that he forgives the 21-year-old gunman Kareem Potomont because of his strong Christian faith and belief in Jesus.
Atheists File Lawsuit Against New Jersey School For Reciting 'Under God' Statement in Pledge of Allegiance
Atheists filed a lawsuit against school on behalf of New Jersey parents who condemn the fact that their child is exposed to hearing the words "under God" during daily oration of the Pledge of Allegiance due to a state law.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty