Preachers Of L.A.'s Deitrick Haddon Welcomes New Baby Girl with Wife Dominique, 'We Thank You for Your Prayers'
A lot of controversy has followed Preachers of L.A. reality star and Gospel singer, Deitrick Haddon, but early Thursday morning he shared the news of the healthy delivery of a new baby girl with his wife Dominique Haddon.
The popular pastor revealed the baby's name on Facebook months before the birth, and it looks like couple stuck with their decision and named their new bundle of joy, Denver Monroe Haddon.
"Today we are celebrating the birth of our second healthy baby girl, Denver Monroe Haddon! We thank you for your prayers!!" Haddon posted as soon as the baby came into the world.
Like Us on Facebook
Haddon and Dominique began dating back when the singer/actor was in a dark place due to a rough divorce with his first wife Damita Haddon after 15 years. The two divorced in 2011 citing irreconcilable differences, however the Gospel singer came clean on his Facebook page at the top of 2013 about the messy divorce and his girlfriend at the time that happened to be pregnant with the couple's first child.
"I do admit that she did get pregnant before my divorce was final as my divorce carried on for over a year. However an abortion was not an option for me so I covered her & she covered me while we both repented of our sins & submit to spiritual leadership," he said on Facebook.
The singer's post implicated that his ex-wife and along with Stellar Award winning gospel singer Issac Carree, had an affair.
"It does not feel good when people make comments saying that I left my wife for a younger woman and a baby!! It's simply not the truth & the truth is recorded in heaven!" Haddon posted.
Haddon has since moved on and said he has learned from his painful past. His reality show has provided a platform for the singer to find restoration in the eyes of the public.
"The reality of it is, I'm not the first person that has gone through a divorce and I'm certainly not the last. Things happen. So you have to move on beyond your failures, your mistakes. And I definitely look at it as a failure, because when I set out to be married it was for the long haul... Everything on my journey has been on purpose to make me the man that I am today. It has opened up so many opportunities for me to share my message on a whole nother level that I had not been able to share the message of Jesus Christ on as a result of my mistakes." Haddon said to Christianpost.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty