Preachers Of L.A.'s Deitrick Haddon Welcomes New Baby Girl with Wife Dominique, 'We Thank You for Your Prayers'
A lot of controversy has followed Preachers of L.A. reality star and Gospel singer, Deitrick Haddon, but early Thursday morning he shared the news of the healthy delivery of a new baby girl with his wife Dominique Haddon.
The popular pastor revealed the baby's name on Facebook months before the birth, and it looks like couple stuck with their decision and named their new bundle of joy, Denver Monroe Haddon.
"Today we are celebrating the birth of our second healthy baby girl, Denver Monroe Haddon! We thank you for your prayers!!" Haddon posted as soon as the baby came into the world.
Like Us on Facebook
Haddon and Dominique began dating back when the singer/actor was in a dark place due to a rough divorce with his first wife Damita Haddon after 15 years. The two divorced in 2011 citing irreconcilable differences, however the Gospel singer came clean on his Facebook page at the top of 2013 about the messy divorce and his girlfriend at the time that happened to be pregnant with the couple's first child.
"I do admit that she did get pregnant before my divorce was final as my divorce carried on for over a year. However an abortion was not an option for me so I covered her & she covered me while we both repented of our sins & submit to spiritual leadership," he said on Facebook.
The singer's post implicated that his ex-wife and along with Stellar Award winning gospel singer Issac Carree, had an affair.
"It does not feel good when people make comments saying that I left my wife for a younger woman and a baby!! It's simply not the truth & the truth is recorded in heaven!" Haddon posted.
Haddon has since moved on and said he has learned from his painful past. His reality show has provided a platform for the singer to find restoration in the eyes of the public.
"The reality of it is, I'm not the first person that has gone through a divorce and I'm certainly not the last. Things happen. So you have to move on beyond your failures, your mistakes. And I definitely look at it as a failure, because when I set out to be married it was for the long haul... Everything on my journey has been on purpose to make me the man that I am today. It has opened up so many opportunities for me to share my message on a whole nother level that I had not been able to share the message of Jesus Christ on as a result of my mistakes." Haddon said to Christianpost.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty