The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
The Perry's have been singing Southern Gospel music as a group for over 40 years now and this year has maybe been one of the most trying.
On January 21st, singer Tracy Stuffle, suffered a massive stroke from a vessel hemorrhage. He was in a medically induced coma in ICU in Nashville,Tn for almost two months and is now in a rehab facility making slow and steady progress.
Today, lead singer, Joseph Habedank has officially announced that he will be stepping away from the gospel singing group after 10 years.
You can read his full statement below, along with Libbi Stuffle's response.
Like Us on Facebook
After 10 years of having the great privilege to serve with the Perrys, I have decided to step down as Lead Singer at this time. Libbi and I talked earlier this week, and while I would never want to abandon her in such a great time of need, sometimes The Lord has other plans. There aren't enough words for me to express how truly grateful I am for both Tracy and Libbi giving me the opportunity that they have. They are like parents to me and I love them dearly. I will miss them.
To the Gospel Music community, thank you all for loving and accepting me over the years. I never dreamed that The Lord would allow me to feel so loved by the fans of Gospel Music. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
As for my future, only The Lord knows what He has in store. I am confident of this one thing tho; I am absolutely nothing without Him and I only want His perfect will for my life. My wife, Lindsay, and I both covet your prayers in this time of transition. We love you all.
With a grateful heart,
A personal note from Libbi,
While it saddens me that Joseph is leaving, we definitely respect his and Lindsay's need to reevaluate their lives and future. He has been like a son to me and Tracy. Although he is leaving our group, we will always consider him part of our family.
As for the Perry's, we will continue on. It is my plan to be back on the road as soon and as much as possible. I don't have all the answers right now, but God is in control. Thank you for your love and prayers for me, Tracy, Jared, Bryan, and Leah; and your continued support of the group.
In His Grip,
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
- Kari Jobe Explains Worshiping with Different Cultures Around the World and Denominational Changes in Church Worship Culture (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
BreatheCast attended the New York premiere of the film Persecuted over the weekend and spoke with actress and Fox News Correspondent Gretchen Carlson about her role and her thoughts about religious freedom in America.
Tenth Avenue North 'No Man is an Island' Video Premiere on K-LOVE Radio Shows Life on the Road (VIDEO)
After surprising fans with a sudden release of their new EP, Islands, Tenth Avenue North premiered their music video "No Man Is An Island" on K-LOVE radio.
'Tolkien and Lewis' Movie Tells Story of Christian Super Thinkers Behind 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Chronicles of Narnia'
Top Christian authors and thinkers, C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien's friendship and lives will be the focus of a new movie on its way to the big screen.
YouTube Sensation Hopsin Releases Controversial Song Documenting His 'Lost Faith'; Challenges God to Prove Existence 'My Gut Feeling Says that it's all Fake' (VIDEO)
Rapper Hopsin is known for creating music that strikes a chord with his listeners, especially on his "Ill Mind" series of songs. His newest song, part 7, discusses that he began dabbling in Christianity but has now turned his back on it.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty