The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
The Perry's have been singing Southern Gospel music as a group for over 40 years now and this year has maybe been one of the most trying.
On January 21st, singer Tracy Stuffle, suffered a massive stroke from a vessel hemorrhage. He was in a medically induced coma in ICU in Nashville,Tn for almost two months and is now in a rehab facility making slow and steady progress.
Today, lead singer, Joseph Habedank has officially announced that he will be stepping away from the gospel singing group after 10 years.
You can read his full statement below, along with Libbi Stuffle's response.
Like Us on Facebook
After 10 years of having the great privilege to serve with the Perrys, I have decided to step down as Lead Singer at this time. Libbi and I talked earlier this week, and while I would never want to abandon her in such a great time of need, sometimes The Lord has other plans. There aren't enough words for me to express how truly grateful I am for both Tracy and Libbi giving me the opportunity that they have. They are like parents to me and I love them dearly. I will miss them.
To the Gospel Music community, thank you all for loving and accepting me over the years. I never dreamed that The Lord would allow me to feel so loved by the fans of Gospel Music. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
As for my future, only The Lord knows what He has in store. I am confident of this one thing tho; I am absolutely nothing without Him and I only want His perfect will for my life. My wife, Lindsay, and I both covet your prayers in this time of transition. We love you all.
With a grateful heart,
A personal note from Libbi,
While it saddens me that Joseph is leaving, we definitely respect his and Lindsay's need to reevaluate their lives and future. He has been like a son to me and Tracy. Although he is leaving our group, we will always consider him part of our family.
As for the Perry's, we will continue on. It is my plan to be back on the road as soon and as much as possible. I don't have all the answers right now, but God is in control. Thank you for your love and prayers for me, Tracy, Jared, Bryan, and Leah; and your continued support of the group.
In His Grip,
- Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
Contemporary Christian singer Matthew West spoke to BreatheCast about his upcoming "Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour," and touched upon his inspiration behind songs, how he tries to reach the audience, and much more.
Behind The Scenes Fun with Christian Musicians: Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and Jamie Grace Post Goofy Videos of Life on the Road (VIDEOS)
Some of Christian music's favorite musicians take to social media regularly to keep fans updated with video logs of their daily lives. Monday afternoon, artists Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and more all showed the lighter side of life on the road by posting videos of them or their tour mates dancing, jumping around, or being silly.
Malaysia Airlines Missing Plane: Flight 370 American Passenger Philip Wood Described as 'Man of God'
Philip Wood, a 50-year-old father of two and IBM executive, as one of the three Americans aboard the Boeing 777 jet that vanished during a flight from Malaysia to China, and his family describes him as caring, honorable, and a man of faith.
Audio Adrenaline, Kutless 'The Change A Life Tour' Brings High Energy Music Across America with Finding Favour and Shine Bright Baby (SCHEDULE/DATES)
Grammy and Dove Award winning band, Audio Adrenaline, along with modern rock/worship band Kutless began a 33-city Change A Life Tour this weekend.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty