'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 on Netflix, Release Date 2014 Cast INTERVIEW Details / Original Series Along with 'House of Cards' Filming New Episodes (VIDEO)
'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 on Netflix, Release Date 2014 Cast Details / Original Series Along with 'House of Cards' Filming New Episodes
"Orange is the New Black" is raising eyebrows for it's controversial yet honest portrayal of prison life for women.
Like Us on Facebook
Star Taylor Schilling, known mostly for being in "That 70's Show" shared this about joining the cast, "I read the pilots every year and a lot of it is another Law & Order, another CSI, another doctor show - they're all the same. This pilot came across my desk and it was unbelievable. It was so different from anything I'd read in so long. I needed to be part of this show," she said.
Schilling, 33, has helped bring another Netflix original series to life after that huge success of Season 1 of "House of Cards".
Season 2 of "Orange Is The New Black" is in the production stages right now and will be released sometime in 2014.
"Orange Is The New Black" is the new dark comedy-drama that has made a name for itself on Netflix during their initial Season 1.
Season 1 of the show became more popular with viewers over the highly anticipated new season of 'Arrested Development' that released earlier this year.
The show is based around Taylor Schilling, who plays Piper Chapman that gets sent to prison 10 years after she got caught up in transporting drug money across international lines. She now has a fiance' Larry (Jason Biggs) and they are working through her being in prison together.
All 13 episodes of Netflix Original Series "Orange is the New Black" released exclusively on Netflix July 11.
The show is shot in Queens, N.Y., at Kaufman Astoria Studios, which happen to be the same soundstage where "The Cosby Show" was filmed.
The cast of the show had great chemistry in season one and Taylor Schilling had this to say about the filming process. "We all really get along," Schilling says. "It's a lot of ladies on one stage, but everyone's always talking, yelling, and laughing. There have actually been rap battles. And we've got some pretty good dancers too. My personal favorite is Lori Chinn [aka Chang], who can do these African tribal dances, which I think is kind of amazing." She laughs. "I feel very white."
This show is made by 'Weeds' creator Jenji Kohan, and is based on Piper Kerman's memoir of a year spent in prison.
It is definitely not a show for children and has a lot of inappropriate scenes, but it is pretty unique to most of what is on TV today. Some say that it reminds them of the show "Oz".
Netflix has put out the hit original series "House of Cards" and released the new season of "Arrested Development" earlier this year.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty