Left Behind 2014 Cast Includes Nicolas Cage and Chad Michael Murray in Rapture Movie Remake
A remake of the LEFT BEHIND movie is scheduled for a theatrical release in 2014, and is starring mainstream actor Nicholas Cage.
It has been eight years since the last installment of the original LEFT BEHIND series was released. Now back with a bigger budget and an A list celebrity cast, the movie created after the book series will get new life to a bigger audience.
Like Us on Facebook
The original LEFT BEHIND movie released in 2000, and was an independant Christian film. It was based on the novel series of same name, written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. It opened seventeenth in the nation and was the #1 selling video in America in its first week of release, beating out Toy Story 2 and The Green Mile.
Cloud Ten Pictures who created the original Trilogy of films is hoping to bring the film to a more mainstream audience. The upcoming film's budget is reportedly around 15 million dollars.
Left Behind follows the epic story of a group of survivors after millions of people suddenly vanish and the world is spun into chaos and destruction in its wake. The story is based on the possible events of the Rapture described by John in the book of Revelation.
This apocalyptic thriller is directed by Vic Armstrong and written by Paul LaLonde and John Patus. The star studded cast includes Nicolas Cage, playing the lead role of Rayford Steele, Chad Michael Murray playing the role of Buck Williams (Kirk Cameron in the original remake), television actress Lea Thompson, and actress/singer Jordan Sparks among many others.
Filming began on August 9, 2013 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and its creators are hoping this revision will help introduce LEFT BEHIND to an even broader audience around the world.
The film will focus on the hours immediately following the Rapture described in the Bible. The movie's website described that it will specifically concentrate on the first few hours and the chaos of the world in the wake of millions of people vanishing with no explanation.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty