Left Behind 2014 Cast Includes Nicolas Cage and Chad Michael Murray in Rapture Movie Remake
A remake of the LEFT BEHIND movie is scheduled for a theatrical release in 2014, and is starring mainstream actor Nicholas Cage.
It has been eight years since the last installment of the original LEFT BEHIND series was released. Now back with a bigger budget and an A list celebrity cast, the movie created after the book series will get new life to a bigger audience.
Like Us on Facebook
The original LEFT BEHIND movie released in 2000, and was an independant Christian film. It was based on the novel series of same name, written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. It opened seventeenth in the nation and was the #1 selling video in America in its first week of release, beating out Toy Story 2 and The Green Mile.
Cloud Ten Pictures who created the original Trilogy of films is hoping to bring the film to a more mainstream audience. The upcoming film's budget is reportedly around 15 million dollars.
Left Behind follows the epic story of a group of survivors after millions of people suddenly vanish and the world is spun into chaos and destruction in its wake. The story is based on the possible events of the Rapture described by John in the book of Revelation.
This apocalyptic thriller is directed by Vic Armstrong and written by Paul LaLonde and John Patus. The star studded cast includes Nicolas Cage, playing the lead role of Rayford Steele, Chad Michael Murray playing the role of Buck Williams (Kirk Cameron in the original remake), television actress Lea Thompson, and actress/singer Jordan Sparks among many others.
Filming began on August 9, 2013 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and its creators are hoping this revision will help introduce LEFT BEHIND to an even broader audience around the world.
The film will focus on the hours immediately following the Rapture described in the Bible. The movie's website described that it will specifically concentrate on the first few hours and the chaos of the world in the wake of millions of people vanishing with no explanation.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Relient K's 'Mmhmm' Still Exudes Passion and Honesty 10 Years Later; Anniversary Tour Begins This Fall (Throwback Thursday)
In honor of Relient K's recently announced 10 year anniversary tour of their smash hit album Mmhmm, this week's Throwback Thursday is going to take a look at the album that put the band on the map for good.
God Over Money, (G.O.M) headed by popular Christian Rapper Bizzle, was eager to share the signing of their newest artist on social media Wednesday and the decision was met with much praise.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too