Basketball simulation video game NBA 2K17 has released a new patch 1.04 to address its issues. This new patch has been made available on PS4 and PC and will soon come to Xbox One, but it remains unclear if it will ever come to PS3 and Xbox 360.
One of the common issues fixed by this patch is the one where the game would hang when grabbing a rebound. It also fixes the uniform colors, where the color of one team sometimes clashes with the color of the opposite team. Additionally, it addresses the issue where a player will not win when the rival disengages during a Pro-Am Walk-On/Team game.
Aside from the abovementioned, here are the other changes caused by the patch:
- Corrected an issue where some post-release uniform colours would clash with the opposing team's uniform in certain matchups.
- After a made basket, the score will no longer update on the scoreboard until after the animation has completed; this should be much less confusing.
- Fixed a case where your friends list in the Who's Online menu would disappear while viewing it.
- Contact Dunk animations should now properly stay equipped on your MyPlayer.
- The Relentless Finisher badge should now give the proper bonuses on contact layups when levelling it up.
- Fixed an extremely rare hang that could occur when players attempted to grab a rebound.
- Fixed a case where certain jump shot animations would result in the shot meter reporting an incorrect very late timing during high-latency situations.
- Addressed an issue where you would not be granted a win if your opponent disconnected during a Pro-Am Walk-On/Team game under certain conditions.
- Users in Ante-Up will now always be presented with the correct ante-up amount prior to joining the Got Next queue.
- Corrected a case that would result in loading into a black screen heading into a game.
- Connection events will now always appear on the schedule once you agree to them/set them up.
- Addressed a hang that could occur when attempting to enter the 3PT/Dunk Contest when your MyPlayer was injured.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when loading into a Live Practice when a number of players on your team were simultaneously injured.
Meanwhile, 2K has confirmed that it will still render a 4K resolution even on a 1080p display for better anti-aliasing with HDR support.