'Moms' Night Out' Movie Featuring Patricia Heaton, Sean Astin, and Sarah Drew Portrays 'Christians in a Positive Light' (TRAILER)
AFFIRM Films, Sony Pictures Entertainment & Provident Films are presenting family comedy fun for all ages with, Moms' Night Out as it hits theaters everywhere on Mother's Day weekend with the tagline claiming, "It will be so relatable, you will think your life is on the big screen."
The film has a super star cast featuring actors Patricia Heaton (Everybody Love Raymond), Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings trilogy), Sarah Drew (Grey's Anatomy), and small cameos from comedian Anjelah Johnson and her singer/rapper hubby, Manwell Reyes of the Hip-hop Christian act, Group 1 Crew.
Like Us on Facebook
Moms' Night Out is directed by the Erwin Brothers and produced by Kevin Downes, Jon Erwin, Andrew Erwin, and Daryl Lefever. Executive producers are Patricia Heaton and David Hunt.
According to the film's IMDB page, the movie is about a mother named Allyson and her friends wanting a long-needed moms' night out to enjoy a peaceful, grown-up evening of dinner and conversation. They leave their husbands to watch the kids for a few hours and havoc breaks out. The movie's site said, "Moms' Night Out is an endearing, true-to-life family comedy."
Director Andy Erwin told Blog.lifeway.com, "I think the Christian audience wants to laugh just as much as any other audience. This film allows us to portray Christians in a positive light; and comedy allows us to be a little more approachable as Christians, to a secular audience."
Blog.lifeway.com also said the movie evoked both laughter and tears.
"I love comedy, and I think that the subject matter of young families trying to navigate their lives, their children and particularly their marriage is a great subject for comedy. But, it's also a serious issue. It's really, really hard," said Everybody Loves Raymond actress Heaton to the blog. Sean Astin added, "I know that moms will take away from this movie a little sense of permission to just take it a little easier on themselves than they did before..."
"I like everything about this project. I wanted to tell a story about what it feels like to go through life feeling like you're never enough: Feeling like you're not a good enough wife, not a good enough mom, not a good enough person at work, not a good enough friend. I wanted to tell a story of coming to a place of recognizing that, actually, I can just breathe and be, and that I am enough, and that I am loved," actress Sarah Drew passionately shared.
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Black Jesus' Trailer Already Pegged 'Disrespectful,' 'Blasphemous' and a 'Mockery' by the Christians Offended With The Adult Swim Comedy (TRAILER)
The trailer of Adult Swim's new show 'Black Jesus' has already caused uproar among people that believe the upcoming comedy is highly "disrespectful."
Chonda Pierce's Husband David Passes Due to Complications from a Stroke and Heart Attack; Suffered Brain Hemorrhage
Update: It has come to our attention that Chonda Pierce's husband David passed last night. The following article is the timeline of events as to what ahppened to David as reported before we learned of his passing - "Chonda Pierce's Husband David Needs Prayers; Comedienne's Spouse Suffers Heart Attack, Stroke, and Now has Brain Hemorrhage"
Newsboys Drummer Duncan Phillips Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery Just Days Before Tour Begins; 'Recovery will be Swift!' (VIDEO)
Duncan Phillips, drummer of the Newsboys and their definite leader of personality, just underwent a successful knee surgery and posted a picture on Instagram.
Lecrae Discusses 'Anomaly' Album and Dealing with Groupies on 'Sway in the Morning'; 'You're More Valuable Than All That' (VIDEOS)
Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae appeared on the "Sway in the Morning" show to talk about his upcoming album Anomaly and share his thoughts on rap music, Christianity, and how he feels about groupies.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too