Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Found? Conspiracy Theories Circulate Online as Search for Missing Plane Continues
It has been more than a month since Malaysia Airlines flight 370 went missing, and there have been various conspiracy theories touted surrounding how the flight disappeared and even some shockingly claim that the plane location is known and has been found.
However, for all the conspiracy theories and official denials, the fact remains that since the Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 went missing on March 8 nobody knows for sure where the plane and its 239 passengers went and what happened.
Like Us on Facebook
Just recently, a US Navy robotic submarine named Bluefin 21 searched the rumored crash site off the coast of Australia because of oil slick near the area. As a result, it was determined that the oil slick found in the Indian Ocean was not related to missing plane.
Here are some conspiracy theories regarding what some people believe happened to the missing plane last month.
One conspiracy theory claimed that the plane secretly landed in the secluded island of Diego Garcia. However, that theory has been absolutely denied by officials.
"There was no indication that MH370 flew anywhere near the Maldives or Diego Garcia... MH370 did not land in Diego Garcia," wrote a US embassy spokesperson via email to Malaysia's Star newspaper. "Under the coordinating efforts of Malaysia and Australia, the US Navy's Seventh Fleet is working alongside 26 other nations to locate the aircraft based on areas identified by Malaysian and international experts."
Others have even gone as far as saying they believe that aliens actually took the plane and the 239 missing passengers - reports even appeared on CNN with analysts discussing the theory.
Some people used social media to express their views.
"This malaysian airline flight has the potential to be either the greatest heist since DB Cooper, or alien abduction. I vote aliens," wrote Cameron Bush via Twitter on March 10.
Others believe terrorism might have been the reason for the missing plane. However, as of right now, no terrorist groups have announced any involvement in the plane's disappearance, and there has been no hard evidence to confirm such suspicions.
Some people also believe that pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah or co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid might have intentionally crashed the plane. However, again there is no evidence to clearly suggest this happened.
"There have been absolutely no implications that we are aware of that there was anything untoward in either his behaviour or attitude," said Malaysia Airlines Commercial Director Hugh Dunleavy to Reuters in an interview. "We have no reason to believe that there was anything, any actions, internally by the crew that caused the disappearance of this aircraft."
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
BreatheCast attended the New York premiere of the film 'Persecuted' over the weekend and spoke with actresses Tanya Wright and Laura Gomez from 'Orange is the New Black'.
Chonda Pierce's Husband Remembered as 'Devoted and Loving'; GoFundMe Account Started for Family Raises Over $50K for Expenses (WAKE SCHEDULE)
Christian comedian Chonda Pierce lost her husband David this week after he suffered a hemorrhage brought upon by a heart attack and a major stroke. She is now asking people to stand by her in celebrating her husband's life.
Lecrae's 'Anomaly' Now Available for Pre-Order with Two Free Tracks; Album Already at No. 1 on iTunes Hip-Hop Chart (TOUR DATES)
Lecrae's upcoming album Anomaly is now available for pre-order on iTunes, Amazon, and other online music stores.
Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
BreatheCast caught up with comedian/actor Brad Stine on the red carpet of the New York premier of 'Persecuted,' where he passionately declared that the media demeaning Christian or religious based stories is a violation of America's First Amendment rights.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too