Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty
Lizzie Velasquez is one of only three people on Earth born with an unusual genetic ailment that prevents her from gaining any weight.
She has never weighed over 62 pounds in her life, and in addition, Velasquez was also born sightless in her right eye.
She discovered a video of herself on YouTube labeled "The World's Ugliest Woman" prior to her junior year of high school.
Unfortunately, the video had already received four million hits on the website.
Like Us on Facebook
Velasquez's parents attempted to get the YouTube video taken off, but the unidentified figure who posted it professed he would never remove it.
Instead of suffering from anger, hopelessness and depression, Velasquez took a different approach to her attitude.
After educating some high school freshmen about her rare disorder, she challenged the issue of bullying face-to-face and generated a schedule of dialogue arrangements.
As a result, Velasquez appeared on multiple television programs which allowed her to produce three books, including "Be Beautiful, Be You."
Both of her parents raised her in a Catholic Church where they both worked for. Velasquez's choice to serve Jesus Christ came just before graduating from high school. She acknowledged her trust in Jesus allowed her to withstand anything from ridicule to bodily frailties.
"It's been my rock through everything, just having the time to be alone and pray and talk to God and know that He's there for me," said Velasquez.
This year, she planned to devote her time and energy traveling anywhere in order to reveal her story of perseverance and faith.
"Even when it seems like things will never get better in the darkest times," said the new Texas State University alumnus reports Charisma News. "if you have faith and continue to push yourself, you can eventually get through anything."
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Relient K's 'Mmhmm' Still Exudes Passion and Honesty 10 Years Later; Anniversary Tour Begins This Fall (Throwback Thursday)
In honor of Relient K's recently announced 10 year anniversary tour of their smash hit album Mmhmm, this week's Throwback Thursday is going to take a look at the album that put the band on the map for good.
God Over Money, (G.O.M) headed by popular Christian Rapper Bizzle, was eager to share the signing of their newest artist on social media Wednesday and the decision was met with much praise.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too