Jeremy Lin Trade Rumors Continue: Linsanity Could Return To The Knicks
After playing the last two years as a member of the Houston Rockets, the former Harvard graduate could be calling MSG home again as the major piece in the alleged Knicks-Rockets trade rumor.
The Rockets would love to trade center Omer Asik. The problem is that he is due $15 million next season and is expected to be an $8.7 million hit to the salary cap.
According to ESPN's David Thrope, he believes the Knicks could be the team that makes the last minute trade proposal that will acquire Asik from the Rockets roster. The Knicks have been looking for a big man due to numerous injuries have overwhelmed the team in recently.
Like Us on Facebook
With Kenyon Martin, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Metta World Peace frequently getting injured this season, Asik would be a well-received addition to the Knicks roster. The biggest problem for the Knicks would assembling a good package without giving up the few assets the team has.
ESPN's Thorpe believes rookie point guard Tim Hardaway Jr. would most likely be traded for Asik. In addition, the journalist also stated that Knicks center Tyson Chandler would be traded if another player such as Jeremy Lin was included. Jeremy Lin's NBA career soared during his only season with the New York Knicks a few years ago.
Rockets GM Daryl Morey is requesting a lot for any team that has interested in Asik. Morey initially wanted a first-round draft pick plus a star player for the center. The Knicks should not trade Chandler and/or Hardaway Jr. in any trade even though the franchise needs more big men help. It seems both franchises would have to look elsewhere to improve before the deadline.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty