'House of Cards' Season 2 on Netflix: Release Date, David Fincher to Direct 2 Episodes, 13 Episodes Released Simultaneously
It looks like House of Cards will be back for season 2 on Netflix. That means Congressman Francis Underwood and the rest of the greasy gang will be back for another slew of episodes.
A couple weeks ago House of Cards actress Constance Zimmer tweeted, "We Start Shooting Season 2 of House of Cards in Two Weeks," to Gareth Keenan's [Mackenzie Cook from the U.K. The Office] twitter account.
Netlfix has confirmed House of Cards season 2 will be 13 episodes long and will be released all at once like season 1.
Like Us on Facebook
Fans of season 1 House of Cards, may be a little disappointed David Fincher is only directing the first two episodes. Luckily the remaining 11 episodes are in the capable hands of Joel Schumacher [Batman & Robin], Charles McDougall [The Office], Alan Coulter [Boardwalk Empire], Carl Franklin [Out of Time] and James Foley [Glengarry Glen Ross].
Kevin Spacey, who plays the slimy Francis Underwood, is also working behind the camera as an executive producer.
Netflix's Watch Instant feature is proving to be quite a popular method. In today's day and age most people don't have schedules that allow them to watch shows live. So to be able to watch them on their own time could be a glimpse of the future.
"In offering the entire season at once, Netflix is giving viewers complete control over how and when they watch the show," according to Netflix's Chief Content Officer.
Are you excited about House of Cards season 2 on Netflix?
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Flyleaf's Former Singer Lacey Sturm to Release Book Documenting Her Struggle with Drugs and Suicidal Thoughts; Shares How She Overcame (VIDEO)
Former singer of Flyleaf, Lacey Sturm, is sharing her testimony in her upcoming book 'The Reason - How I discovered a Life Worth Living', where she found Jesus on the brink of suicide.
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Christian Man Falsely Arrested For Rape Thanks God After Spending 12 Years in a Texas Prison (VIDEO)
Michael Phillips recently thanked The Lord after he was released from a Texas Prison after he spent 12 years behind bars because he was falsely arrested for rape in 2002.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too