Hillsong United Announce New Record 'The White Album [the remix project]' is Coming Soon
This week popular worship band Hillsong United revealed their newest project, The White Album [the remix project] on social media this week.
The band admitted to their fans that this project would be uncharted territory on Facebook.
"Excited to announce something new for us - 'the white album' [the remix project]. This is the artwork - let us know what you think. We will be playing it first for our @upfront members! More info coming soon..." they posted.
Like Us on Facebook
United left followers wondering what the follow up to their 2013 release Zion would be. They first hinted it was a remix project with the release of Zion Acoustic Sessions, a stripped down version of their third studio album.
Mtv.com has the album date slated to release on March 4. This perhaps will be a new direction musically for Hillsong United as they delve into the world of remixes. Essentially a worship band, the Australian-based group has been experimental with their a variety of sounds and instruments, furthering their popularity worldwide and catering to a broader audience.
The band's heartfelt song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)," made the list for top Christian songs of 2013 securing the number one spot. They released Oceans EP which was comprised of several different versions of the song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" from the album Zion.
Zion had international success as it peaked at No. 5 on the U.S. Billboard 200, and was No. 1 on the AUS Albums Chart.
Hillsong United was originally formed by friends from within the youth ministry called "Powerhouse Youth," which was led by Hillsong Youth Pastors Phil & Lucinda Dooley for several years. In 2002 after Reuben Morgan stepped down as co-worship leader of the band, Joel Houston, the eldest son of the church's senior pastor Brian Houston, and Marty Sampson led the group together.
The 2007 album All of the Above was the first album to be fully studio recorded. They released several EPs and Live albums as well as two additional studio albums, Aftermath, and their latest Zion. The band is well known for touring in numerous countries, and leading worship in various places.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty