"Son of God" Film: Movie Release Date and Live Trailer
"The Bible" Tv series producers have been working on a new movie called "Son of God" that follows the life of Jesus Christ from his birth to the day that he was resurrected. Producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey created a 10-hour miniseries called "The Bible" that explained the story of the Son of Man and how he affected the lives of so many in such a short time. The miniseries aired in March playing two-hour episodes each Sunday as it quickly became the most watched Tv show. The series reveived three Emmy award nominations for best miniseries, sound editing and sound mixing. Producer Burnett stated shortly after the miniseries was over that a theatrical version of "The Bible" was in the works, and that is was going to be focusing more on Christ's resurrection.
Like Us on Facebook
The film, "Son of God" has been officially set to release on Feb. 28 of 2014 by 20th Century Fox. The motion picture will be rated PG-13, but producers have assured fans that the crucifixion will be very real. "Son of God" will feature deleted scenes from "The Bible" miniseries as well as previous recorded scenes. During the 2013 Resurgence conference, producers talked to The Christian Post about the new movie "Son of Man" and how they used the deleted scenes to make the new production. "We knew when we were shooting that the Jesus portion of our 'Bible' series was special and we shot much more footage and we've re-edited many more scenes into a stand-alone feature film called 'Son of God." stated producer Burnett. Those who attended the 2013 Resurgence conference got a sneak peek at the "Son of God" movie and producer Downey assured them that this is going to be a big movie. "This is a big story. It deserves a big presentation. The stand-alone opportunity of two hours and 15 minutes to follow the birth, the life, the mission, the miracles, the death, the resurrection, the ascension, the Great Commission, the entire Jesus narrative," she said. The "Son of God" movie trailer is shown on The Christian Post website here.
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Lecrae Discusses 'Anomaly' Album and Dealing with Groupies on 'Sway in the Morning'; 'You're More Valuable Than All That' (VIDEOS)
Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae appeared on the "Sway in the Morning" show to talk about his upcoming album Anomaly and share his thoughts on rap music, Christianity, and how he feels about groupies.
Country Star Reba McEntire Calls the World to ‘Pray For Peace’ with New Song She Says Was ‘Sent From God’ (VIDEO)
People and celebrities everywhere joined Reba McEntire as she released her newest song “Pray For Peace” calling the world to prayer during difficult times of war and division.
Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Christian rap/rock artist Manafest has been making inspirational and powerful music for the last ten years. His latest album The Moment will be releasing on August 5, and if one thing is for certain, Manafest has not had a "Moment" to slow down as he has consistently released albums, instrumentals, and now a book and audio book.
Candace Cameron Bure Addresses Hiding Cyber Bullies; Inspired By 'Three Immodestly Dressed Women Walk Into a Church' (VIDEO)
Candace Cameron Bure's resurface in the mainstream media has allowed the former "Full House" actress to openly share her faith, but due to her stance on modesty and her particular dress code has also made her a target. The actress addresses her critics in her latest blog post.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too