"Son of God" Film: Movie Release Date and Live Trailer
"The Bible" Tv series producers have been working on a new movie called "Son of God" that follows the life of Jesus Christ from his birth to the day that he was resurrected. Producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey created a 10-hour miniseries called "The Bible" that explained the story of the Son of Man and how he affected the lives of so many in such a short time. The miniseries aired in March playing two-hour episodes each Sunday as it quickly became the most watched Tv show. The series reveived three Emmy award nominations for best miniseries, sound editing and sound mixing. Producer Burnett stated shortly after the miniseries was over that a theatrical version of "The Bible" was in the works, and that is was going to be focusing more on Christ's resurrection.
Like Us on Facebook
The film, "Son of God" has been officially set to release on Feb. 28 of 2014 by 20th Century Fox. The motion picture will be rated PG-13, but producers have assured fans that the crucifixion will be very real. "Son of God" will feature deleted scenes from "The Bible" miniseries as well as previous recorded scenes. During the 2013 Resurgence conference, producers talked to The Christian Post about the new movie "Son of Man" and how they used the deleted scenes to make the new production. "We knew when we were shooting that the Jesus portion of our 'Bible' series was special and we shot much more footage and we've re-edited many more scenes into a stand-alone feature film called 'Son of God." stated producer Burnett. Those who attended the 2013 Resurgence conference got a sneak peek at the "Son of God" movie and producer Downey assured them that this is going to be a big movie. "This is a big story. It deserves a big presentation. The stand-alone opportunity of two hours and 15 minutes to follow the birth, the life, the mission, the miracles, the death, the resurrection, the ascension, the Great Commission, the entire Jesus narrative," she said. The "Son of God" movie trailer is shown on The Christian Post website here.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty