"Son of God" Film: Movie Release Date and Live Trailer
"The Bible" Tv series producers have been working on a new movie called "Son of God" that follows the life of Jesus Christ from his birth to the day that he was resurrected. Producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey created a 10-hour miniseries called "The Bible" that explained the story of the Son of Man and how he affected the lives of so many in such a short time. The miniseries aired in March playing two-hour episodes each Sunday as it quickly became the most watched Tv show. The series reveived three Emmy award nominations for best miniseries, sound editing and sound mixing. Producer Burnett stated shortly after the miniseries was over that a theatrical version of "The Bible" was in the works, and that is was going to be focusing more on Christ's resurrection.
Like Us on Facebook
The film, "Son of God" has been officially set to release on Feb. 28 of 2014 by 20th Century Fox. The motion picture will be rated PG-13, but producers have assured fans that the crucifixion will be very real. "Son of God" will feature deleted scenes from "The Bible" miniseries as well as previous recorded scenes. During the 2013 Resurgence conference, producers talked to The Christian Post about the new movie "Son of Man" and how they used the deleted scenes to make the new production. "We knew when we were shooting that the Jesus portion of our 'Bible' series was special and we shot much more footage and we've re-edited many more scenes into a stand-alone feature film called 'Son of God." stated producer Burnett. Those who attended the 2013 Resurgence conference got a sneak peek at the "Son of God" movie and producer Downey assured them that this is going to be a big movie. "This is a big story. It deserves a big presentation. The stand-alone opportunity of two hours and 15 minutes to follow the birth, the life, the mission, the miracles, the death, the resurrection, the ascension, the Great Commission, the entire Jesus narrative," she said. The "Son of God" movie trailer is shown on The Christian Post website here.
- Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
Curb Records contemporary Christian band Mikeschair released their new album All or Nothing on Apr. 1 and lead singer Mike Grayson said he and his band mates had to face the music and really give God their all.
Film Director Tim Chey has urged Hollywood to embrace "true believers" to tell Bible stories, rather than have just big name directors who do not even believe in God, and do not completely understand the faith that a majority of viewers to their biblical movie will have.
Christian Teen Shot In the Eye in NYC; Victim Gama Droiville, 13, Forgives Shooter, Thanks God Despite Horrific Injury in Brooklyn [VIDEO]
Teenager, Gama Droiville, recently suffered an horrendous attack when he was shot in his right eye in Brooklyn, New York City. However, despite the horrific injury he has said that he forgives the 21-year-old gunman Kareem Potomont because of his strong Christian faith and belief in Jesus.
Atheists File Lawsuit Against New Jersey School For Reciting 'Under God' Statement in Pledge of Allegiance
Atheists filed a lawsuit against school on behalf of New Jersey parents who condemn the fact that their child is exposed to hearing the words "under God" during daily oration of the Pledge of Allegiance due to a state law.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty