"Son of God" Film: Movie Release Date and Live Trailer
"The Bible" Tv series producers have been working on a new movie called "Son of God" that follows the life of Jesus Christ from his birth to the day that he was resurrected. Producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey created a 10-hour miniseries called "The Bible" that explained the story of the Son of Man and how he affected the lives of so many in such a short time. The miniseries aired in March playing two-hour episodes each Sunday as it quickly became the most watched Tv show. The series reveived three Emmy award nominations for best miniseries, sound editing and sound mixing. Producer Burnett stated shortly after the miniseries was over that a theatrical version of "The Bible" was in the works, and that is was going to be focusing more on Christ's resurrection.
Like Us on Facebook
The film, "Son of God" has been officially set to release on Feb. 28 of 2014 by 20th Century Fox. The motion picture will be rated PG-13, but producers have assured fans that the crucifixion will be very real. "Son of God" will feature deleted scenes from "The Bible" miniseries as well as previous recorded scenes. During the 2013 Resurgence conference, producers talked to The Christian Post about the new movie "Son of Man" and how they used the deleted scenes to make the new production. "We knew when we were shooting that the Jesus portion of our 'Bible' series was special and we shot much more footage and we've re-edited many more scenes into a stand-alone feature film called 'Son of God." stated producer Burnett. Those who attended the 2013 Resurgence conference got a sneak peek at the "Son of God" movie and producer Downey assured them that this is going to be a big movie. "This is a big story. It deserves a big presentation. The stand-alone opportunity of two hours and 15 minutes to follow the birth, the life, the mission, the miracles, the death, the resurrection, the ascension, the Great Commission, the entire Jesus narrative," she said. The "Son of God" movie trailer is shown on The Christian Post website here.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty