"Son of God" Film: Movie Release Date and Live Trailer
"The Bible" Tv series producers have been working on a new movie called "Son of God" that follows the life of Jesus Christ from his birth to the day that he was resurrected. Producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey created a 10-hour miniseries called "The Bible" that explained the story of the Son of Man and how he affected the lives of so many in such a short time. The miniseries aired in March playing two-hour episodes each Sunday as it quickly became the most watched Tv show. The series reveived three Emmy award nominations for best miniseries, sound editing and sound mixing. Producer Burnett stated shortly after the miniseries was over that a theatrical version of "The Bible" was in the works, and that is was going to be focusing more on Christ's resurrection.
Like Us on Facebook
The film, "Son of God" has been officially set to release on Feb. 28 of 2014 by 20th Century Fox. The motion picture will be rated PG-13, but producers have assured fans that the crucifixion will be very real. "Son of God" will feature deleted scenes from "The Bible" miniseries as well as previous recorded scenes. During the 2013 Resurgence conference, producers talked to The Christian Post about the new movie "Son of Man" and how they used the deleted scenes to make the new production. "We knew when we were shooting that the Jesus portion of our 'Bible' series was special and we shot much more footage and we've re-edited many more scenes into a stand-alone feature film called 'Son of God." stated producer Burnett. Those who attended the 2013 Resurgence conference got a sneak peek at the "Son of God" movie and producer Downey assured them that this is going to be a big movie. "This is a big story. It deserves a big presentation. The stand-alone opportunity of two hours and 15 minutes to follow the birth, the life, the mission, the miracles, the death, the resurrection, the ascension, the Great Commission, the entire Jesus narrative," she said. The "Son of God" movie trailer is shown on The Christian Post website here.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Fifty Shades of Grey' Challenged by Faith Based Movie 'Old Fashioned'; Releases the Same Day and Provides a Godly Alternative (VIDEO)
The creators of the upcoming faith based film Old Fashioned, have announced that they've scheduled to release the new "chivalry is not dead" love film on the same weekend Universal debuts, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too