In a new interview, original 'Ghostbuster' actor Dan Aykroyd recently revealed a major update regarding the status of the upcoming 'Ghostbuster 3' film.
"It looks like we'll be in pre-production in the spring  now, from what I'm hearing," said Aykroyd to Carson Daly on The TODAY show, "It should be good."
The 62-year-old Ottawa, Canada native also talked about the fun times he had with his co-stars (Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson and the late Harold Ramis) on the set of the original 'Ghostbuster' film in 1984.
"We owned the city here for a while. The first day we went out and were stealing shots all over Manhattan. No permits, nothing," said Aykroyd (who wrote and played as Dr. Raymond Stantz in the first two films) in reference to shooting the movie in New York City three decades ago.
However, that soon changed when the four actors started wearing their now iconic Ghostbusters uniforms prior to the first film's blockbuster release in theaters in the early 80's.
"It was pandemonium because people didn't know what we were yet. And here we are with the packs and the tube, that green tube that we have there. You know what that's for?," said Aykroyd, "When you see a ghost, you get scared, sometimes you lose it...."
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Previously, Aykroyd's longtime co-star Ernie Hudson talked about reprising his role as Winston Zeddemore after the death of his friend and former co-star Harold Ramis on February 24, 2014 due to complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis.
"It's unfortune, you know, Harold is not here. Harold was the glue...he was amazing. He was an icon. So you're going to get a GHOSTBUSTERS, but obviously it's going to be a GHOSTBUSTERS without Harold," said Hudson to Film Dumpster at the Niagara Falls Comic Con last month, "It's going to be different. So it [part 3] has to be original and it has to be something that is worth all the 30 years of waiting."
The 'Ghostbuster 3' film is expected to begin filming next year.