Actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is cooking up interest for the upcoming "Fast and Furious" film, following his drama with co-star Vin Diesel.
It can be recalled that earlier this year, The Rock called Diesel a "candy a--" in his Instagram post. According to the actor, he does not regret calling Diesel that. If anything, he said the controversy only helped the studio drum up more interest for the upcoming flick.
"I was very clear with what I said. I've been in the game a long time," said The Rock in his recent interview with the Los Angeles Times.
"Would Universal Pictures have preferred that didn't happen? Sure, we talked about it. The irony is after that and as they do their tracking and all their analysis, the interest shot through the roof to a whole other level," he added.
Back in August, The Rock took to Instagram to say that his female co-stars in the "Fast and Furious" film were always amazing, but his male co-stars were different.
"Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don't. The ones that don't are too chicken s--t to do anything about it anyway. Candy a--es," he said.
In the said post, The Rock did not specifically name Diesel. However, subsequent posts seemed to suggest that it was him that The Rock was actually referring to.
Following the drama, Diesel posted his own video on Facebook to address the issue. "Proud of our collective, stay positive--I mean that--don't beat anybody up," he said.
"Fast and Furious 8" hits theaters on April 17, 2017.