DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
DC Talk revolutionized the Christian market with their ground breaking album Jesus Freak. Already a smash success in the Christian market, this album helped them break through to the mainstream as well, and now 19 tears later, a reunion may be in order.
In the early 2000s they went on an indefinite hiatus, and went on to achieve success individually or with other groups as well.
Like Us on Facebook
There has been speculation for years of a reunion of the rap/rock/pop trio since their hiatus. An acronym for "Decent Christian Talk," DC Talk took the Christian world by storm in the 90s. Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music named them "the most popular overtly Christian act of all time."
The group consisted of Toby McKeehan now commonly known as Christian pop solo artist TobyMac, Michael Tait lead singer of Christian contemporary band Newsboys, and Kevin Max currently, the lead singer of Christian rock group Audio Adrenaline. They all continued to be successful apart from DC Talk with their individual endeavors as they slowly found where God needed them to be.
Tait recently sat down with JesusfreakHideout.com and confirmed that there will in fact be a DC Talk reunion. JFM questioned the singer of the reunion and asked if Tait thought it "will ever happen?"
"It's gonna happen. Eventually, TobyMac, Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, DC Talk set will happen." Tait replied "It'll be a pricey ticket, for sure, but I think it's going to happen. I'm working that end. I have some magical powers with Toby and Kevin," he said.
When pried for more details on the reunion the singer did not give away to much, "Sooner or later? I'm not sure" he responded.
When the interviewer jokingly suggested a 20-year later tour, Tait told the JFH reporter that it was a great idea, hinting to the year "2015."
"I bet you that's what Toby's thinking. Toby and I have been talking, we talk about it pretty in-depth, y'know. We started the thing. We didn't know Kevin once we first started DC Talk. It's all of our baby, but Toby and I definitely have been," he continued.
On his relationship with former band mate TobyMac, Tait concluded "the Biden and Obama, if you will. *laughs* Excuse the gross comparison. Black and white, I should say. You know what I'm saying. So 20 years, I'll be shocked if that's not what some of us are thinking in the back of our heads subconsciously."
The singer himself confirmed a future reunion and no need to worry about Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, and T Mac giving up their current musical ventures for the reunion, they plan on bringing the whole show on the road!
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty