DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
DC Talk revolutionized the Christian market with their ground breaking album Jesus Freak. Already a smash success in the Christian market, this album helped them break through to the mainstream as well, and now 19 tears later, a reunion may be in order.
In the early 2000s they went on an indefinite hiatus, and went on to achieve success individually or with other groups as well.
Like Us on Facebook
There has been speculation for years of a reunion of the rap/rock/pop trio since their hiatus. An acronym for "Decent Christian Talk," DC Talk took the Christian world by storm in the 90s. Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music named them "the most popular overtly Christian act of all time."
The group consisted of Toby McKeehan now commonly known as Christian pop solo artist TobyMac, Michael Tait lead singer of Christian contemporary band Newsboys, and Kevin Max currently, the lead singer of Christian rock group Audio Adrenaline. They all continued to be successful apart from DC Talk with their individual endeavors as they slowly found where God needed them to be.
Tait recently sat down with JesusfreakHideout.com and confirmed that there will in fact be a DC Talk reunion. JFM questioned the singer of the reunion and asked if Tait thought it "will ever happen?"
"It's gonna happen. Eventually, TobyMac, Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, DC Talk set will happen." Tait replied "It'll be a pricey ticket, for sure, but I think it's going to happen. I'm working that end. I have some magical powers with Toby and Kevin," he said.
When pried for more details on the reunion the singer did not give away to much, "Sooner or later? I'm not sure" he responded.
When the interviewer jokingly suggested a 20-year later tour, Tait told the JFH reporter that it was a great idea, hinting to the year "2015."
"I bet you that's what Toby's thinking. Toby and I have been talking, we talk about it pretty in-depth, y'know. We started the thing. We didn't know Kevin once we first started DC Talk. It's all of our baby, but Toby and I definitely have been," he continued.
On his relationship with former band mate TobyMac, Tait concluded "the Biden and Obama, if you will. *laughs* Excuse the gross comparison. Black and white, I should say. You know what I'm saying. So 20 years, I'll be shocked if that's not what some of us are thinking in the back of our heads subconsciously."
The singer himself confirmed a future reunion and no need to worry about Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, and T Mac giving up their current musical ventures for the reunion, they plan on bringing the whole show on the road!
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
James Franco's Movie Adaptation of 'Child of God' Under Fire for Not Condemning Violence Portrayed in Film (TRAILER)
Actor James Franco is under heat for his latest directorial release, 'Child of God'. The film is an adaptation of the 1973 novel of the same name and is about a man who descends into violence and necrophilia.
Flyleaf's Former Singer Lacey Sturm to Release Book Documenting Her Struggle with Drugs and Suicidal Thoughts; Shares How She Overcame (VIDEO)
Former singer of Flyleaf, Lacey Sturm, is sharing her testimony in her upcoming book 'The Reason - How I discovered a Life Worth Living', where she found Jesus on the brink of suicide.
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too