DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
DC Talk revolutionized the Christian market with their ground breaking album Jesus Freak. Already a smash success in the Christian market, this album helped them break through to the mainstream as well, and now 19 tears later, a reunion may be in order.
In the early 2000s they went on an indefinite hiatus, and went on to achieve success individually or with other groups as well.
Like Us on Facebook
There has been speculation for years of a reunion of the rap/rock/pop trio since their hiatus. An acronym for "Decent Christian Talk," DC Talk took the Christian world by storm in the 90s. Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music named them "the most popular overtly Christian act of all time."
The group consisted of Toby McKeehan now commonly known as Christian pop solo artist TobyMac, Michael Tait lead singer of Christian contemporary band Newsboys, and Kevin Max currently, the lead singer of Christian rock group Audio Adrenaline. They all continued to be successful apart from DC Talk with their individual endeavors as they slowly found where God needed them to be.
Tait recently sat down with JesusfreakHideout.com and confirmed that there will in fact be a DC Talk reunion. JFM questioned the singer of the reunion and asked if Tait thought it "will ever happen?"
"It's gonna happen. Eventually, TobyMac, Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, DC Talk set will happen." Tait replied "It'll be a pricey ticket, for sure, but I think it's going to happen. I'm working that end. I have some magical powers with Toby and Kevin," he said.
When pried for more details on the reunion the singer did not give away to much, "Sooner or later? I'm not sure" he responded.
When the interviewer jokingly suggested a 20-year later tour, Tait told the JFH reporter that it was a great idea, hinting to the year "2015."
"I bet you that's what Toby's thinking. Toby and I have been talking, we talk about it pretty in-depth, y'know. We started the thing. We didn't know Kevin once we first started DC Talk. It's all of our baby, but Toby and I definitely have been," he continued.
On his relationship with former band mate TobyMac, Tait concluded "the Biden and Obama, if you will. *laughs* Excuse the gross comparison. Black and white, I should say. You know what I'm saying. So 20 years, I'll be shocked if that's not what some of us are thinking in the back of our heads subconsciously."
The singer himself confirmed a future reunion and no need to worry about Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, and T Mac giving up their current musical ventures for the reunion, they plan on bringing the whole show on the road!
- Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
Contemporary Christian singer Matthew West spoke to BreatheCast about his upcoming "Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour," and touched upon his inspiration behind songs, how he tries to reach the audience, and much more.
Behind The Scenes Fun with Christian Musicians: Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and Jamie Grace Post Goofy Videos of Life on the Road (VIDEOS)
Some of Christian music's favorite musicians take to social media regularly to keep fans updated with video logs of their daily lives. Monday afternoon, artists Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and more all showed the lighter side of life on the road by posting videos of them or their tour mates dancing, jumping around, or being silly.
Malaysia Airlines Missing Plane: Flight 370 American Passenger Philip Wood Described as 'Man of God'
Philip Wood, a 50-year-old father of two and IBM executive, as one of the three Americans aboard the Boeing 777 jet that vanished during a flight from Malaysia to China, and his family describes him as caring, honorable, and a man of faith.
Audio Adrenaline, Kutless 'The Change A Life Tour' Brings High Energy Music Across America with Finding Favour and Shine Bright Baby (SCHEDULE/DATES)
Grammy and Dove Award winning band, Audio Adrenaline, along with modern rock/worship band Kutless began a 33-city Change A Life Tour this weekend.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty