DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
DC Talk revolutionized the Christian market with their ground breaking album Jesus Freak. Already a smash success in the Christian market, this album helped them break through to the mainstream as well, and now 19 tears later, a reunion may be in order.
In the early 2000s they went on an indefinite hiatus, and went on to achieve success individually or with other groups as well.
Like Us on Facebook
There has been speculation for years of a reunion of the rap/rock/pop trio since their hiatus. An acronym for "Decent Christian Talk," DC Talk took the Christian world by storm in the 90s. Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music named them "the most popular overtly Christian act of all time."
The group consisted of Toby McKeehan now commonly known as Christian pop solo artist TobyMac, Michael Tait lead singer of Christian contemporary band Newsboys, and Kevin Max currently, the lead singer of Christian rock group Audio Adrenaline. They all continued to be successful apart from DC Talk with their individual endeavors as they slowly found where God needed them to be.
Tait recently sat down with JesusfreakHideout.com and confirmed that there will in fact be a DC Talk reunion. JFM questioned the singer of the reunion and asked if Tait thought it "will ever happen?"
"It's gonna happen. Eventually, TobyMac, Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, DC Talk set will happen." Tait replied "It'll be a pricey ticket, for sure, but I think it's going to happen. I'm working that end. I have some magical powers with Toby and Kevin," he said.
When pried for more details on the reunion the singer did not give away to much, "Sooner or later? I'm not sure" he responded.
When the interviewer jokingly suggested a 20-year later tour, Tait told the JFH reporter that it was a great idea, hinting to the year "2015."
"I bet you that's what Toby's thinking. Toby and I have been talking, we talk about it pretty in-depth, y'know. We started the thing. We didn't know Kevin once we first started DC Talk. It's all of our baby, but Toby and I definitely have been," he continued.
On his relationship with former band mate TobyMac, Tait concluded "the Biden and Obama, if you will. *laughs* Excuse the gross comparison. Black and white, I should say. You know what I'm saying. So 20 years, I'll be shocked if that's not what some of us are thinking in the back of our heads subconsciously."
The singer himself confirmed a future reunion and no need to worry about Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, and T Mac giving up their current musical ventures for the reunion, they plan on bringing the whole show on the road!
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty