DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
DC Talk revolutionized the Christian market with their ground breaking album Jesus Freak. Already a smash success in the Christian market, this album helped them break through to the mainstream as well, and now 19 tears later, a reunion may be in order.
In the early 2000s they went on an indefinite hiatus, and went on to achieve success individually or with other groups as well.
Like Us on Facebook
There has been speculation for years of a reunion of the rap/rock/pop trio since their hiatus. An acronym for "Decent Christian Talk," DC Talk took the Christian world by storm in the 90s. Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music named them "the most popular overtly Christian act of all time."
The group consisted of Toby McKeehan now commonly known as Christian pop solo artist TobyMac, Michael Tait lead singer of Christian contemporary band Newsboys, and Kevin Max currently, the lead singer of Christian rock group Audio Adrenaline. They all continued to be successful apart from DC Talk with their individual endeavors as they slowly found where God needed them to be.
Tait recently sat down with JesusfreakHideout.com and confirmed that there will in fact be a DC Talk reunion. JFM questioned the singer of the reunion and asked if Tait thought it "will ever happen?"
"It's gonna happen. Eventually, TobyMac, Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, DC Talk set will happen." Tait replied "It'll be a pricey ticket, for sure, but I think it's going to happen. I'm working that end. I have some magical powers with Toby and Kevin," he said.
When pried for more details on the reunion the singer did not give away to much, "Sooner or later? I'm not sure" he responded.
When the interviewer jokingly suggested a 20-year later tour, Tait told the JFH reporter that it was a great idea, hinting to the year "2015."
"I bet you that's what Toby's thinking. Toby and I have been talking, we talk about it pretty in-depth, y'know. We started the thing. We didn't know Kevin once we first started DC Talk. It's all of our baby, but Toby and I definitely have been," he continued.
On his relationship with former band mate TobyMac, Tait concluded "the Biden and Obama, if you will. *laughs* Excuse the gross comparison. Black and white, I should say. You know what I'm saying. So 20 years, I'll be shocked if that's not what some of us are thinking in the back of our heads subconsciously."
The singer himself confirmed a future reunion and no need to worry about Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, and T Mac giving up their current musical ventures for the reunion, they plan on bringing the whole show on the road!
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
Ghosts in a Pennsylvania Haunted house attacked a Fox News cameraman and reporter during a live interview with the homeowner, and the ghosts are allegedly caught on camera.
Kevin Max Opens Up About DC Talk's Origins, Their 'Squeaky Clean' Persona, and His Divorce on This Week's Bad Christian Podcast (LISTEN HERE)
Christian music legend and former singer of DC Talk and Audio Adrenaline, Kevin Max, recently had a chat with the members of the Bad Christian podcast where he spoke about the origins of DC Talk, artists "faking it" in Christian music, and his own struggles with his personal life.
Remedy Drive's declaration of war against human trafficking and sex slavery tops the music charts with their new single "Commodity."
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too