Casting Crowns 'Thrive' Month of Giving Sweepstakes Gives One Fan a Day Anything They Want From the Band
Casting Crowns announced on their Facebook page this week that leading up to the release of their new album Thrive one lucky fan would be selected everyday and get whatever they ask from the band.
This sweepstakes will serve as a promotional tool for the album.
"We are excited to announce the Month of Giving with Casting Crowns. Starting today, and running every day up to the release of Thrive on January 28th, you will be able to ask for anything from Casting Crowns," the Facebook post read.
Like Us on Facebook
The bands site has a list of rules, "Crown Giving Rules" that must be followed for some one to qualify for the gift.
The sweepstakes began on 1/2/2014 (United States and Canada only) and ends on the 31st of January at 12:00 AM Eastern Time.
The winner of the Sweepstakes will be randomly selected, and then will be notified by a Facebook message from Casting Crowns. The winner(s) are limited to one request per day on Facebook.
"One person will be selected from the comments each day and receive their wish. Maybe you want a phone call from the band, a signed CD, a pizza, or a new phone. Ask in the comments each day and your request could be granted," the band posted.
They ended their exciting post with the ever-tempting question "If you could ask for anything from Casting Crowns what would it be?"
Their followers immediately took the comment section and began shooting their requests.
Becky Adams Tislow posted: "I would ask for a concert at a Veteran's Hospital - any Veteran's Hospital. Those guys could use some cheering up and I can think of no better way than by hearing a Casting Crowns concert!"
Many simply asked for prayers, Linda Brodsky said, "Prayers for me and my future. I am a young widow and my youngest child just turned four."
"Lee Ann Broussard posted: "I teach the drums to inmates at our parish jail and we need new drums to continue the program, but we do not have any funding! Please help us in Lafayette, LA!.
Another wrote, "I wish you could sing our first dance song at my wedding in July" posted bride to be, Samantha Silver.
Casting Crowns began as a student worship band in Daytona Beach. At the center of Casting Crowns is Mark Hall, who was orginally leading a band of people that consisted of his youth group.
The band's first major release was certified platinum. Their next album secured them a Grammy Award and every album since has been in the top five of the Billboard 200 charts. In September 2013, the band released "All You've Ever Wanted," the first single from their forthcoming CD Thrive.
Thrive is scheduled to come out January 28, 2014.
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
- Kari Jobe Explains Worshiping with Different Cultures Around the World and Denominational Changes in Church Worship Culture (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
BreatheCast attended the New York premiere of the film Persecuted over the weekend and spoke with actress and Fox News Correspondent Gretchen Carlson about her role and her thoughts about religious freedom in America.
Tenth Avenue North 'No Man is an Island' Video Premiere on K-LOVE Radio Shows Life on the Road (VIDEO)
After surprising fans with a sudden release of their new EP, Islands, Tenth Avenue North premiered their music video "No Man Is An Island" on K-LOVE radio.
'Tolkien and Lewis' Movie Tells Story of Christian Super Thinkers Behind 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Chronicles of Narnia'
Top Christian authors and thinkers, C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien's friendship and lives will be the focus of a new movie on its way to the big screen.
YouTube Sensation Hopsin Releases Controversial Song Documenting His 'Lost Faith'; Challenges God to Prove Existence 'My Gut Feeling Says that it's all Fake' (VIDEO)
Rapper Hopsin is known for creating music that strikes a chord with his listeners, especially on his "Ill Mind" series of songs. His newest song, part 7, discusses that he began dabbling in Christianity but has now turned his back on it.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty