Carman Cancer Update: Singer Enters Second Round of Chemo Treatments, 'I've Never Been as Optimistic in My Life'
Christian singer Carman is embarking on his second half of difficult chemo treatments and is prepping for his Live Across America Tour at the same time.
As of December 2013, Carman has been in the hospital receiving chemo treatments and stem cell replacement therapy, after normal cancer treatments failed to work. In the New Year he gave an update to his devoted followers.
"It's a lot to deal with. I am officially 1/2 way through treatment. 4 months in and 4 months to go. The middle part is the hardest," he said. "Second time around is harder, fevers, shakes, night sweats ect, because your body is weakened. So this is gong to be a bumpy ride folks. But its all a part of the fight to get to the other side of this lake of fire."
Like Us on Facebook
The singer has been very vocal about his entire process through his social media outlets. Despite the entire ordeal Carman has remained surprisingly upbeat.
"It's funny but I haven't gotten depressed one day through all this. I've had lot's of bad news come my way that I had to take a minute to digest, but overall my spirits are up and surprisingly I've never been as optimistic in my life as I am today," he posted.
A photo post made on both his official and personal Facebook accounts on February 14, 2013, reveled that he was diagnosed with incurable Multiple Myeloma Cancer and given a 3-5 year window of time to live.
With the news and the fans not willing to go down without making sure he continues to reach people for Christ through music; Carman launched a project with Kickstarter in April to raise money for a new album and video project. Just weeks later the projected goal set by the singer was exceeded by more than double of what he anticipated to raise from the project. A short time later, he announced an upcoming sixty-city tour as well.
He recently started a new campaign, Live Across America, to take his music ministry into every major and minor city hungry for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The evangelist hailing from Trenton, New Jersey has helped change the face of Christian music. He has helped evolve contemporary music evangelism into what it is today. Carman established "Carman Ministries" and "Carman World Outreach," non-profit organizations that touched the lives of millions of people worldwide.
The theatrical singer holds the record for the largest soul-winning musical event in TV History, with Halloween 3:16 airing on TBN with an alleged 70,000 souls coming to Christ in one night. He has 15 gold and platinum albums, and has sold over 10 million records.
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Chonda Pierce's Husband Remembered as 'Devoted and Loving'; GoFundMe Account Started for Family Raises Over $50K for Expenses (WAKE SCHEDULE)
Christian comedian Chonda Pierce lost her husband David this week after he suffered a hemorrhage brought upon by a heart attack and a major stroke. She is now asking people to stand by her in celebrating her husband's life.
Lecrae's 'Anomaly' Now Available for Pre-Order with Two Free Tracks; Album Already at No. 1 on iTunes Hip-Hop Chart (TOUR DATES)
Lecrae's upcoming album Anomaly is now available for pre-order on iTunes, Amazon, and other online music stores.
Nick Jonas Shedding Christian Image? New 'Racy' Video for 'Chains' Set to Rid 'Squeaky-Clean' Image (VIDEO)
Page Six, reported that the youngest member of the popular group The Jonas Brothers, is gearing up to release a "racy" new music video for his solo song "Chains" in which he denounces his years being "trapped" in the pure character of Nick Jonas.
'Black Jesus' Trailer Already Pegged 'Disrespectful,' 'Blasphemous' and a 'Mockery' by the Christians Offended With The Adult Swim Comedy (TRAILER)
The trailer of Adult Swim's new show 'Black Jesus' has already caused uproar among people that believe the upcoming comedy is highly "disrespectful."
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too