BroadChurch: BBC America's New British Crime Drama
At first glance, the first episode of BroadChurch brought back memories of David Lynch's Twin Peaks series, where murder, secrets, lies, and deceit are the underbelly and foundation of small well-to-do town.
The first episode of BroadChurch starts of pretty fast being centered around the murder of a young boy whose body was found on the beach of a quaint little seaside town, where no one would ever suspect and underworld of secrets, lies, and hidden agendas. As detectives and crime scene investigators dig deeper into the facts of the crime scene, foul play is ruled to have been the cause of a young boy's death.
Like Us on Facebook
This season one question that viewers of BroadChurch will want to know is who killed the young boy and why? Leading the investigation are Detectives Sergeant Ellie Miller (Olivia Colman) and Inspector Alec Hardy (David Tennant). After a leave of absence Miller is demoted and forced to partner with her new boss Hardy. Miller being the kinder of the two shows much empathy, but Hardy on the flipside is strictly by the book and wants nothing more than to close this case. Working together, the two must put their differences aside to solve this murder before reporters sabotage the entire case and the city goes into total mayhem. Will peace ever be restored to the community and will this crime ever be solved?
Tune in to BroadChurch every Wednesday at 10/9c for new episodes following the new episodes of Law & Order: U.K. only on BBC America.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
Switchfoot Explains Meaning of 'When We Come Alive' in Interview; Song Describes Journey that's Made Them 'Burn Brightly' (VIDEO)
Switchfoot band members Chad Butler (drummer) and Jerome Fontamillis (keyboardist) recently spoke about their new album Fading West in an interview, specifically about the song "When We Come Alive."
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too