Bible Saves Man Shot in Chest ‘Two Bullets Were Stopped by New Testament Book in His Chest Pocket’ (VIDEO)
A bus driver attacked by a group of teenagers survives getting shot in the chest because of a Bible kept in his jacket pocket.
People often hear of a bulletproof vest protecting victims that suffer bullets to the chest but it was a New Testament Bible that saved Ohio bus driver Rickey Wagoner who was attacked Monday morning.
Wagoner, 49, a city bus driver in Dayton Ohio began to experience electrical problems with the vehicle. He pulled over the vehicle to the side of the road at about 5:20 a.m. and shortly after was approached by three teenage boys.
Like Us on Facebook
According to reports, three gunshots were fired at Wagoner. Two were aimed at his chest, and a third struck his leg. Wagoner fought back and managed to wrestle the pistol from one of the teens after being shot in the chest, but the gun went off during the squabble.
A second teen then stabbed him in the arm with a knife while the other teen kicked and punched him.
WHIO-TV reports that he teens allegedly told were "kill the polar bear" in order to be "all the way in the club."
Wagoner eventually pulled out an aluminum pen that he carried for self-defense and stabbed one of teen attackers in the leg. The three then began to run away, leaving the pistol behind. Wagoner then called 911.
"I've been hit in the leg," he reportedly told the dispatcher. "My chest feels like I've been hit with a sledgehammer."
The bus driver was struck in the chest twice by bullets, but he soon discovered that his Bible saved his life.
"I've got a book in my pocket, and I don't think they made it through this book," he said.
Dayton police concurred that the Bible was stopped the bullets saving Wagoner's life and that God was looking out for Wagoner. Police are still looking for the attackers.
"The two bullets were stopped by the New Testament book in his chest pocket," Sgt. Michael Pauley told reporters. "There was obviously some kind of intervention involved in this incident, because he probably should not be here."
Wagoner was taken to the hospital and is currently hospitalized, but he did not suffer any life-threatening wounds.
Wagoner allegedly said that he had just started carrying his Bible in his pocket a week before the incident.
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Lecrae Speaks Out on Katy Perry Lawsuit; 'It's My Guy Flame's Song...that Statement About the Witchcraft...I Don't Stand Behind That' (VIDEO)
Lecrae addressed the lawsuit against Katy Perry in a recent MTV interview in which the rapper revealed he does not stand behind Christian rapper Flame's statements.
'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
BreatheCast attended the New York premiere of the film 'Persecuted' over the weekend and spoke with actresses Tanya Wright and Laura Gomez from 'Orange is the New Black'.
Chonda Pierce's Husband Remembered as 'Devoted and Loving'; GoFundMe Account Started for Family Raises Over $50K for Expenses (WAKE SCHEDULE)
Christian comedian Chonda Pierce lost her husband David this week after he suffered a hemorrhage brought upon by a heart attack and a major stroke. She is now asking people to stand by her in celebrating her husband's life.
Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
BreatheCast caught up with comedian/actor Brad Stine on the red carpet of the New York premier of 'Persecuted,' where he passionately declared that the media demeaning Christian or religious based stories is a violation of America's First Amendment rights.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too