Avatar 2 Release Date, Plot Rumors: Sequel and Additional Avatar Films Will Be Faster to Make, Multiple Movies
Fans have been anxious to know all the details about the follow up Avatar film. The original Avatar motion picture released in 2009 and became a major success at the box office, this most likely encouraged director of the film, James Cameron, to focus on the upcoming Avatar 2.
No official release date has been announced, but reports estimate that it may be in November of 2016. A reason for that projected date is due to Summer 2015's packed line up of upcoming blockbuster films. Cameron surely wants Avatar 2 to shine in the spotlight on its own, without competiton from other leading feature series.
Like Us on Facebook
Reports have confirmed that the shooting of Avatar 2 will start this Fall, 2014 and for curious fans, Jake Sully played by Sam Worthington recently signed for the sequel and will definitely reprise his role in the film.
The first film took four years to make, but this time the sequel and possible upcoming addtions to the franchise won't take as long, "The first film... took almost four years to make. We expect to be able to accelerate the process quite a bit, because we've improved a lot of the software and the computer graphics tools, and we've been working very closely with Weta Digital down here in New Zealand developing a whole new suite of tools to speed up the process," Cameron explained during a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) session recently.
Apparently, five years later, since the first film, the production has been busy because the crew simultaneously works on Avatar plots for Avatar 2, 3 and 4, according to Cameron. Also, the director, passionate for 3D filming said, "I believe all movies should be made in 3-D, forever, but the projection needs to be better and brighter. I want people to see in the movie theaters what I am seeing in my perfectly calibrated screening room and people aren't seeing that. Larger formats. I'd love to see screens get bigger." Cameron wrote on Reddit.
Obviously, the audience will see another majestic movie in 2016 as the director and the production team of Avatar 2 works hard to exceed the expectations of the fans.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
Switchfoot Explains Meaning of 'When We Come Alive' in Interview; Song Describes Journey that's Made Them 'Burn Brightly' (VIDEO)
Switchfoot band members Chad Butler (drummer) and Jerome Fontamillis (keyboardist) recently spoke about their new album Fading West in an interview, specifically about the song "When We Come Alive."
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too