Xbox One Update: Beta Testing Program Allows Gamers to Try New Features Before They're Released
Xbox One is carrying out a new beta program that will allow owners of the console to test out the future updates of the system before they are released.
By doing this, Microsoft will be able to gauge whether to go forth with the update depending on the response everyone gives them. This new program began yesterday, and certain Xbox Live users are being selected to try it out as new updates are rolled out into March.
"Features that will not be enabled during the preview include party chat, party invites, party matchmaking and party visibility," Microsoft said to Polygon.
Like Us on Facebook
"Once the March system update becomes available to all consoles worldwide, new party features will function normally for all Xbox One users. If this is an issue, you should consider not signing up for this beta."
Xbox One's recent update was to help improve user experiences, however, it has been reported that the update is inadvertently bringing a bug to the console that causes the screen to go black.
"If it happens, please power cycle by holding power for 10 seconds," Xbox said on their official Twitter.
Initially the big update was delayed a few days and pushed back to later this week an executive announced on Twitter.
"The February #XboxOne System Update will ship this week, but not today. The team is working on finalizing [it]," said Larry Hryb Twitter.
This first update of the year was supposed to bring a battery signal indicator, USB support for keyboards, system storage management, improved Kinect voice commands, and other features.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
Ghosts in a Pennsylvania Haunted house attacked a Fox News cameraman and reporter during a live interview with the homeowner, and the ghosts are allegedly caught on camera.
Kevin Max Opens Up About DC Talk's Origins, Their 'Squeaky Clean' Persona, and His Divorce on This Week's Bad Christian Podcast (LISTEN HERE)
Christian music legend and former singer of DC Talk and Audio Adrenaline, Kevin Max, recently had a chat with the members of the Bad Christian podcast where he spoke about the origins of DC Talk, artists "faking it" in Christian music, and his own struggles with his personal life.
Remedy Drive's declaration of war against human trafficking and sex slavery tops the music charts with their new single "Commodity."
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too