'Vikings' on History Channel: Episode 4 Recap
History Channel has been on a roll lately. Not only did they deliver this spring's must-watch TV event, The Bible, but they have another ratings giant in Vikings that follows immediately after. Though the Vikings premiere came in second to The Bible, it still posted a healthy 6.2 million viewers, with 2.5 million in the adults 18-49 demographic (not counting encore airings).
Vikings episode 4, "Trial" aired Sunday night at 10/9c.
Episode 4 was not short on raids or wrath. In "Trial" the Vikings decide to return to England to find new treasures of the West. What makes this raid special for Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) and company is they have governmental consent from Earl Haraldson (Gabreil Byrne) to raid the coastal town of Hexam. The only condition is Ragnar must take one of Haraldson's men to keep an eye on the subversive Viking.
Like Us on Facebook
Not espousing his plan to the rest of his crew, Ragnar arrives to Hexam on Saturday. They wait to attack until Sunday, a time in which the entire town is under one roof, the Church.
Though I will say I'm starting to warm up to Vikings, I still don't feel connected to all of the characters. Ragnar is obviously recognizable, but I found myself detached when Ragnar's wife killed the king's spy after he attempted to rape the shield maiden. I couldn't remember which longhaired warrior was which. Maybe as more Vikings die, the characters will become a little more recognizable.
Upon returning home, Earl Haraldson places Ragnar under arrest for a "convenient" excuse to murder his spy.
Earl Haraldon then tries to bribe Ragnar's brother into testifying, thus giving Haraldson lawful authority to execute Ragnar. Luckily Ragnar's brother comes to his rescue and Ragnar is released and given half of the loot from the raid.
Find out what happens next on Vikings episode 5, "Raid" which airs Sunday nights after The Bible on History Channel at 10/9c.
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Lecrae Speaks Out on Katy Perry Lawsuit; 'It's My Guy Flame's Song...that Statement About the Witchcraft...I Don't Stand Behind That' (VIDEO)
Lecrae addressed the lawsuit against Katy Perry in a recent MTV interview in which the rapper revealed he does not stand behind Christian rapper Flame's statements.
'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
BreatheCast attended the New York premiere of the film 'Persecuted' over the weekend and spoke with actresses Tanya Wright and Laura Gomez from 'Orange is the New Black'.
Chonda Pierce's Husband Remembered as 'Devoted and Loving'; GoFundMe Account Started for Family Raises Over $50K for Expenses (WAKE SCHEDULE)
Christian comedian Chonda Pierce lost her husband David this week after he suffered a hemorrhage brought upon by a heart attack and a major stroke. She is now asking people to stand by her in celebrating her husband's life.
Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
BreatheCast caught up with comedian/actor Brad Stine on the red carpet of the New York premier of 'Persecuted,' where he passionately declared that the media demeaning Christian or religious based stories is a violation of America's First Amendment rights.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too