'Vikings' on History Channel: Episode 4 Recap
History Channel has been on a roll lately. Not only did they deliver this spring's must-watch TV event, The Bible, but they have another ratings giant in Vikings that follows immediately after. Though the Vikings premiere came in second to The Bible, it still posted a healthy 6.2 million viewers, with 2.5 million in the adults 18-49 demographic (not counting encore airings).
Vikings episode 4, "Trial" aired Sunday night at 10/9c.
Episode 4 was not short on raids or wrath. In "Trial" the Vikings decide to return to England to find new treasures of the West. What makes this raid special for Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) and company is they have governmental consent from Earl Haraldson (Gabreil Byrne) to raid the coastal town of Hexam. The only condition is Ragnar must take one of Haraldson's men to keep an eye on the subversive Viking.
Like Us on Facebook
Not espousing his plan to the rest of his crew, Ragnar arrives to Hexam on Saturday. They wait to attack until Sunday, a time in which the entire town is under one roof, the Church.
Though I will say I'm starting to warm up to Vikings, I still don't feel connected to all of the characters. Ragnar is obviously recognizable, but I found myself detached when Ragnar's wife killed the king's spy after he attempted to rape the shield maiden. I couldn't remember which longhaired warrior was which. Maybe as more Vikings die, the characters will become a little more recognizable.
Upon returning home, Earl Haraldson places Ragnar under arrest for a "convenient" excuse to murder his spy.
Earl Haraldon then tries to bribe Ragnar's brother into testifying, thus giving Haraldson lawful authority to execute Ragnar. Luckily Ragnar's brother comes to his rescue and Ragnar is released and given half of the loot from the raid.
Find out what happens next on Vikings episode 5, "Raid" which airs Sunday nights after The Bible on History Channel at 10/9c.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Relient K's 'Mmhmm' Still Exudes Passion and Honesty 10 Years Later; Anniversary Tour Begins This Fall (Throwback Thursday)
In honor of Relient K's recently announced 10 year anniversary tour of their smash hit album Mmhmm, this week's Throwback Thursday is going to take a look at the album that put the band on the map for good.
God Over Money, (G.O.M) headed by popular Christian Rapper Bizzle, was eager to share the signing of their newest artist on social media Wednesday and the decision was met with much praise.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too