'Vikings' on History Channel: The Actor Who Plays Ragnar Lothbrok / Transformation from Calvin Klein Model [VIDEO]
'Vikings' on History Channel: The Actor Who Plays Ragnar / Transformation from Calvin Klein Model
Travis Fimmel plays Ragnar Lothbrok in History Channel's breakout hit Vikings, which premiered March 3. Ragnar isn't the first gig for Fimmel. As shocking as it may be the Vikings actor broke onto the scene starring in a racy Calvin Klein campaign over ten years ago.
Like Us on Facebook
In the Klein ads Fimmel was a hunky, clean-shaven man with a hint of androgyny, never appearing in more than his underwear. Fimmel was so successful as a 23-year old model he became the first male in the world to sign an exclusive 6-figure contract with Klein in 2002.
Now at 33, Fimmel plays the lead in Vikings. The History Channel show that garnered over 10 million viewers for its first episode demands a much grungier look from Fimmel.
Embracing the beard and deranged appearance, Fimmel appeared at the Vikings panel at 2013 Wondercon in semi-Vikings attire...unshaven but hopefully showered.
Though Fimmel gets a lot of the credit, deservedly, for Vikings and Ragnar's success, the actor defers a lot of the praise to Vikings creator and head writer, Michael Hirst.
"He gave us a lot of background on everything. And I guess it's just our job, as actors, to humanize it and make it relevant to people today and give them something that they can grab a hold of, you know? It's like everybody's got families and brothers and every family has their own conflicts and that - my character Ragnar is very ambitious like a lot of people and he's just trying to make a better life for himself, you know?"
Tune in to Vikings on History Channel Sundays at 9/8c.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty