'Vikings' on History Channel: The Actor Who Plays Ragnar Lothbrok / Transformation from Calvin Klein Model [VIDEO]
'Vikings' on History Channel: The Actor Who Plays Ragnar / Transformation from Calvin Klein Model
Travis Fimmel plays Ragnar Lothbrok in History Channel's breakout hit Vikings, which premiered March 3. Ragnar isn't the first gig for Fimmel. As shocking as it may be the Vikings actor broke onto the scene starring in a racy Calvin Klein campaign over ten years ago.
Like Us on Facebook
In the Klein ads Fimmel was a hunky, clean-shaven man with a hint of androgyny, never appearing in more than his underwear. Fimmel was so successful as a 23-year old model he became the first male in the world to sign an exclusive 6-figure contract with Klein in 2002.
Now at 33, Fimmel plays the lead in Vikings. The History Channel show that garnered over 10 million viewers for its first episode demands a much grungier look from Fimmel.
Embracing the beard and deranged appearance, Fimmel appeared at the Vikings panel at 2013 Wondercon in semi-Vikings attire...unshaven but hopefully showered.
Though Fimmel gets a lot of the credit, deservedly, for Vikings and Ragnar's success, the actor defers a lot of the praise to Vikings creator and head writer, Michael Hirst.
"He gave us a lot of background on everything. And I guess it's just our job, as actors, to humanize it and make it relevant to people today and give them something that they can grab a hold of, you know? It's like everybody's got families and brothers and every family has their own conflicts and that - my character Ragnar is very ambitious like a lot of people and he's just trying to make a better life for himself, you know?"
Tune in to Vikings on History Channel Sundays at 9/8c.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
Switchfoot Explains Meaning of 'When We Come Alive' in Interview; Song Describes Journey that's Made Them 'Burn Brightly' (VIDEO)
Switchfoot band members Chad Butler (drummer) and Jerome Fontamillis (keyboardist) recently spoke about their new album Fading West in an interview, specifically about the song "When We Come Alive."
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too