Tim Tebow News: QB Reportedly Offered Deal to Play in A-11 Football League, 'Tim Tebow Stands for Everything We Think the Game Ought to Represent'
Tim Tebow's dream is to be a quarterback in the NFL again, but the question that some NFL fans are wondering is, would Tebow want to play in the A-11 Football League.
"We would love to have Tim Tebow join our league," said A-11 CEO and Commissioner Scott McKibben to San Francisco Chronicle adding. "Tim Tebow stands for everything we think the game ought to represent -- character, values and role-modeling for young players."
Like Us on Facebook
According to CBS Sports, The A-11 Football League is a new spring professional football league promising to play the game of football the old fashion way.
In addition, it appears there are currently six teams (with two more coming), including the Los Angeles Express, New Jersey Generals, Dallas Wranglers, Chicago Staggs, Tampa Bay Bandits and San Francisco Bay Area Sea Lions, according to the CBS Sports report.
McKibben was a former executive director of the Rose Bowl before creating the new football league.
In addition, former Dallas Cowboys linebacker, scout, and football executive Michael Keller is the A-11 President and Chief Operating Officer.
ESPN, Tebow's recent employer, is presently set to air two A-11 games on its network. One game will be played at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on May 17. The other game will be played at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on June 5, reported to Mercury News.
"We have made an offer to Tim Tebow," said McKibben to San Francisco Chronicle. "We've had probably three or four discussions with people in the Tebow camp. We'd love to have Tim Tebow join our league. we think that if Tim came to play in the spring, he could still very much honor his obligations to ESPN."
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty