Tim Tebow News: QB Reportedly Offered Deal to Play in A-11 Football League, 'Tim Tebow Stands for Everything We Think the Game Ought to Represent'
Tim Tebow's dream is to be a quarterback in the NFL again, but the question that some NFL fans are wondering is, would Tebow want to play in the A-11 Football League.
"We would love to have Tim Tebow join our league," said A-11 CEO and Commissioner Scott McKibben to San Francisco Chronicle adding. "Tim Tebow stands for everything we think the game ought to represent -- character, values and role-modeling for young players."
Like Us on Facebook
According to CBS Sports, The A-11 Football League is a new spring professional football league promising to play the game of football the old fashion way.
In addition, it appears there are currently six teams (with two more coming), including the Los Angeles Express, New Jersey Generals, Dallas Wranglers, Chicago Staggs, Tampa Bay Bandits and San Francisco Bay Area Sea Lions, according to the CBS Sports report.
McKibben was a former executive director of the Rose Bowl before creating the new football league.
In addition, former Dallas Cowboys linebacker, scout, and football executive Michael Keller is the A-11 President and Chief Operating Officer.
ESPN, Tebow's recent employer, is presently set to air two A-11 games on its network. One game will be played at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on May 17. The other game will be played at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on June 5, reported to Mercury News.
"We have made an offer to Tim Tebow," said McKibben to San Francisco Chronicle. "We've had probably three or four discussions with people in the Tebow camp. We'd love to have Tim Tebow join our league. we think that if Tim came to play in the spring, he could still very much honor his obligations to ESPN."
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Relient K's 'Mmhmm' Still Exudes Passion and Honesty 10 Years Later; Anniversary Tour Begins This Fall (Throwback Thursday)
In honor of Relient K's recently announced 10 year anniversary tour of their smash hit album Mmhmm, this week's Throwback Thursday is going to take a look at the album that put the band on the map for good.
God Over Money, (G.O.M) headed by popular Christian Rapper Bizzle, was eager to share the signing of their newest artist on social media Wednesday and the decision was met with much praise.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too