Tim Tebow News: QB Reportedly Offered Deal to Play in A-11 Football League, 'Tim Tebow Stands for Everything We Think the Game Ought to Represent'
Tim Tebow's dream is to be a quarterback in the NFL again, but the question that some NFL fans are wondering is, would Tebow want to play in the A-11 Football League.
"We would love to have Tim Tebow join our league," said A-11 CEO and Commissioner Scott McKibben to San Francisco Chronicle adding. "Tim Tebow stands for everything we think the game ought to represent -- character, values and role-modeling for young players."
Like Us on Facebook
According to CBS Sports, The A-11 Football League is a new spring professional football league promising to play the game of football the old fashion way.
In addition, it appears there are currently six teams (with two more coming), including the Los Angeles Express, New Jersey Generals, Dallas Wranglers, Chicago Staggs, Tampa Bay Bandits and San Francisco Bay Area Sea Lions, according to the CBS Sports report.
McKibben was a former executive director of the Rose Bowl before creating the new football league.
In addition, former Dallas Cowboys linebacker, scout, and football executive Michael Keller is the A-11 President and Chief Operating Officer.
ESPN, Tebow's recent employer, is presently set to air two A-11 games on its network. One game will be played at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on May 17. The other game will be played at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on June 5, reported to Mercury News.
"We have made an offer to Tim Tebow," said McKibben to San Francisco Chronicle. "We've had probably three or four discussions with people in the Tebow camp. We'd love to have Tim Tebow join our league. we think that if Tim came to play in the spring, he could still very much honor his obligations to ESPN."
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty