Tim Tebow's John 13:34 Tweet Receives Positive Reaction "...Love One Another, Even As I Have Loved You, That You Also Love One Another"
A recent Bible tweet by ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow has several responses on Twitter, with many people expressing gratitude to the athlete for distributing such an encouraging quote and testimony regarding his Christian faith.
While Tebow's Twitter updates typically gain a positive response, the tweet he posted on Sunday afternoon was particularly motivating to others.
Tebow quoted the Lord Jesus Christ when tweeted John 13:34, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." As a result, the post was retweeted more than 2,700 times and "favorited" by more than 4,000 people.
Like Us on Facebook
"Thank you @TimTebow for living a life that magnifies Christ and His love for us. Your witness and testimony have reached many," replied Denny Collins via Twitter.
"Thanks Tim! Good luck with spreading the word! #saved," tweeted James Webb.
"@TimTebow I love that you love God and still stay in the spotlight! I would die to meet you," wrote a Twitter user named Hannah on the social network.
"Favorite new person I'm following on Twitter who has awesome tweets @TimTebow #love4Christ," wrote Anna Dean via Twitter.
"Have always admired how you use your status to share God's word. Keep it up man! We need more people like you in this country!" tweeted Travis Dees.
The former and New York Jets and Denver Broncos athlete was cut by the New England Patriots during the 2013 NFL preseason and did not find a new squad during the regular season.
The former NFL quarterback recently starred in T-Mobile commercial that broadcasted during the Super Bowl, where he wore multiple costumes and performed hilarious situations for the one-minute ad.
In addition, Tebow was just recently hired as a college football analyst for the ESPN network. The quarterback has promised maintain his optimistic attitude into his brand new opportunity, stating that he can give in-depth analysis while keeping a civil and positive tone.
"I would love to continue to be someone that is positive but also be someone that is objective," said Tebow to reporters earlier this year adding. "I have never had a hard time saying what I believe or standing up for something, and hopefully, I can continue to be that same person as an analyst and sharing what I believe about players, about teams, about games."
- Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
Contemporary Christian singer Matthew West spoke to BreatheCast about his upcoming "Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour," and touched upon his inspiration behind songs, how he tries to reach the audience, and much more.
Behind The Scenes Fun with Christian Musicians: Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and Jamie Grace Post Goofy Videos of Life on the Road (VIDEOS)
Some of Christian music's favorite musicians take to social media regularly to keep fans updated with video logs of their daily lives. Monday afternoon, artists Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and more all showed the lighter side of life on the road by posting videos of them or their tour mates dancing, jumping around, or being silly.
Malaysia Airlines Missing Plane: Flight 370 American Passenger Philip Wood Described as 'Man of God'
Philip Wood, a 50-year-old father of two and IBM executive, as one of the three Americans aboard the Boeing 777 jet that vanished during a flight from Malaysia to China, and his family describes him as caring, honorable, and a man of faith.
Audio Adrenaline, Kutless 'The Change A Life Tour' Brings High Energy Music Across America with Finding Favour and Shine Bright Baby (SCHEDULE/DATES)
Grammy and Dove Award winning band, Audio Adrenaline, along with modern rock/worship band Kutless began a 33-city Change A Life Tour this weekend.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty