Tim Tebow's John 13:34 Tweet Receives Positive Reaction "...Love One Another, Even As I Have Loved You, That You Also Love One Another"
A recent Bible tweet by ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow has several responses on Twitter, with many people expressing gratitude to the athlete for distributing such an encouraging quote and testimony regarding his Christian faith.
While Tebow's Twitter updates typically gain a positive response, the tweet he posted on Sunday afternoon was particularly motivating to others.
Tebow quoted the Lord Jesus Christ when tweeted John 13:34, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." As a result, the post was retweeted more than 2,700 times and "favorited" by more than 4,000 people.
Like Us on Facebook
"Thank you @TimTebow for living a life that magnifies Christ and His love for us. Your witness and testimony have reached many," replied Denny Collins via Twitter.
"Thanks Tim! Good luck with spreading the word! #saved," tweeted James Webb.
"@TimTebow I love that you love God and still stay in the spotlight! I would die to meet you," wrote a Twitter user named Hannah on the social network.
"Favorite new person I'm following on Twitter who has awesome tweets @TimTebow #love4Christ," wrote Anna Dean via Twitter.
"Have always admired how you use your status to share God's word. Keep it up man! We need more people like you in this country!" tweeted Travis Dees.
The former and New York Jets and Denver Broncos athlete was cut by the New England Patriots during the 2013 NFL preseason and did not find a new squad during the regular season.
The former NFL quarterback recently starred in T-Mobile commercial that broadcasted during the Super Bowl, where he wore multiple costumes and performed hilarious situations for the one-minute ad.
In addition, Tebow was just recently hired as a college football analyst for the ESPN network. The quarterback has promised maintain his optimistic attitude into his brand new opportunity, stating that he can give in-depth analysis while keeping a civil and positive tone.
"I would love to continue to be someone that is positive but also be someone that is objective," said Tebow to reporters earlier this year adding. "I have never had a hard time saying what I believe or standing up for something, and hopefully, I can continue to be that same person as an analyst and sharing what I believe about players, about teams, about games."
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Fifty Shades of Grey' Challenged by Faith Based Movie 'Old Fashioned'; Releases the Same Day and Provides a Godly Alternative (VIDEO)
The creators of the upcoming faith based film Old Fashioned, have announced that they've scheduled to release the new "chivalry is not dead" love film on the same weekend Universal debuts, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too