Tim Tebow's John 13:34 Tweet Receives Positive Reaction "...Love One Another, Even As I Have Loved You, That You Also Love One Another"
A recent Bible tweet by ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow has several responses on Twitter, with many people expressing gratitude to the athlete for distributing such an encouraging quote and testimony regarding his Christian faith.
While Tebow's Twitter updates typically gain a positive response, the tweet he posted on Sunday afternoon was particularly motivating to others.
Tebow quoted the Lord Jesus Christ when tweeted John 13:34, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." As a result, the post was retweeted more than 2,700 times and "favorited" by more than 4,000 people.
Like Us on Facebook
"Thank you @TimTebow for living a life that magnifies Christ and His love for us. Your witness and testimony have reached many," replied Denny Collins via Twitter.
"Thanks Tim! Good luck with spreading the word! #saved," tweeted James Webb.
"@TimTebow I love that you love God and still stay in the spotlight! I would die to meet you," wrote a Twitter user named Hannah on the social network.
"Favorite new person I'm following on Twitter who has awesome tweets @TimTebow #love4Christ," wrote Anna Dean via Twitter.
"Have always admired how you use your status to share God's word. Keep it up man! We need more people like you in this country!" tweeted Travis Dees.
The former and New York Jets and Denver Broncos athlete was cut by the New England Patriots during the 2013 NFL preseason and did not find a new squad during the regular season.
The former NFL quarterback recently starred in T-Mobile commercial that broadcasted during the Super Bowl, where he wore multiple costumes and performed hilarious situations for the one-minute ad.
In addition, Tebow was just recently hired as a college football analyst for the ESPN network. The quarterback has promised maintain his optimistic attitude into his brand new opportunity, stating that he can give in-depth analysis while keeping a civil and positive tone.
"I would love to continue to be someone that is positive but also be someone that is objective," said Tebow to reporters earlier this year adding. "I have never had a hard time saying what I believe or standing up for something, and hopefully, I can continue to be that same person as an analyst and sharing what I believe about players, about teams, about games."
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
TobyMac's 'Momentum' Helped Christian Music Fans Grieve Loss of DC Talk with Forward Moving Legendary Debut – Throwback Thursday
The year is 2001, and rap-rock/nu-metal is still ruling the air waves. For the Christian music fan, the year signals the time of mourning as its shining star DC Talk went on an indefinite hiatus. The team of Toby, Mike, and Kevin were no more a trio, and it was time for T-Mac to step up.
Nick Jonas Shedding Christian Image? New 'Racy' Video for 'Chains' Set to Rid 'Squeaky-Clean' Image (VIDEO)
Page Six, reported that the youngest member of the popular group The Jonas Brothers, is gearing up to release a "racy" new music video for his solo song "Chains" in which he denounces his years being "trapped" in the pure character of Nick Jonas.
'Black Jesus' Trailer Already Pegged 'Disrespectful,' 'Blasphemous' and a 'Mockery' by the Christians Offended With The Adult Swim Comedy (TRAILER)
The trailer of Adult Swim's new show 'Black Jesus' has already caused uproar among people that believe the upcoming comedy is highly "disrespectful."
Chonda Pierce's Husband David Passes Due to Complications from a Stroke and Heart Attack; Suffered Brain Hemorrhage
Update: It has come to our attention that Chonda Pierce's husband David passed last night. The following article is the timeline of events as to what ahppened to David as reported before we learned of his passing - "Chonda Pierce's Husband David Needs Prayers; Comedienne's Spouse Suffers Heart Attack, Stroke, and Now has Brain Hemorrhage"
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too