Tim Tebow's John 13:34 Tweet Receives Positive Reaction "...Love One Another, Even As I Have Loved You, That You Also Love One Another"
A recent Bible tweet by ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow has several responses on Twitter, with many people expressing gratitude to the athlete for distributing such an encouraging quote and testimony regarding his Christian faith.
While Tebow's Twitter updates typically gain a positive response, the tweet he posted on Sunday afternoon was particularly motivating to others.
Tebow quoted the Lord Jesus Christ when tweeted John 13:34, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." As a result, the post was retweeted more than 2,700 times and "favorited" by more than 4,000 people.
Like Us on Facebook
"Thank you @TimTebow for living a life that magnifies Christ and His love for us. Your witness and testimony have reached many," replied Denny Collins via Twitter.
"Thanks Tim! Good luck with spreading the word! #saved," tweeted James Webb.
"@TimTebow I love that you love God and still stay in the spotlight! I would die to meet you," wrote a Twitter user named Hannah on the social network.
"Favorite new person I'm following on Twitter who has awesome tweets @TimTebow #love4Christ," wrote Anna Dean via Twitter.
"Have always admired how you use your status to share God's word. Keep it up man! We need more people like you in this country!" tweeted Travis Dees.
The former and New York Jets and Denver Broncos athlete was cut by the New England Patriots during the 2013 NFL preseason and did not find a new squad during the regular season.
The former NFL quarterback recently starred in T-Mobile commercial that broadcasted during the Super Bowl, where he wore multiple costumes and performed hilarious situations for the one-minute ad.
In addition, Tebow was just recently hired as a college football analyst for the ESPN network. The quarterback has promised maintain his optimistic attitude into his brand new opportunity, stating that he can give in-depth analysis while keeping a civil and positive tone.
"I would love to continue to be someone that is positive but also be someone that is objective," said Tebow to reporters earlier this year adding. "I have never had a hard time saying what I believe or standing up for something, and hopefully, I can continue to be that same person as an analyst and sharing what I believe about players, about teams, about games."
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty