Shirley Temple Net Worth: Actress Leaves Net Worth of $10 Million After Death to 3 Children
Shirley Temple was the darling and the biggest media icon of the 1930's. Having starred in over 40 films, her wealth exceeded ten million dollars at the time of her death at 10:37 p.m. Pacific time on Monday.
No one would have expected the abnormally adorable child of a middle income California family with no particularly extraordinary heritage to speak of, to become a beloved public figure, selling more merchandise than any other media sensation at that time. But after 'Bright Eyes,' in 1934, a breakaway hit that earned her a 'Juvenile Academy Award,' 20th Century Fox Studios signed Temple for more and more films, eventually hiring a group of writers to pen scripts exclusively for the precocious young actress.
Like Us on Facebook
Shirley Temple appeared in tens of movies in the next ten years or so, garnering great success and winning the adoration of millions. When she dropped out of show business at 22, it was because the public was still enamored with the rambunctious, dimpled "America's Little Darling," and not the blossoming young woman who came after.
Shirley is survived by three children, one from her first marriage with John Agar, Susan, who was born in 1948, and one from her second marriage with Charles Alden Black, which yielded two more children, Charles and Lori.
The immediate family of Mrs. Temple/Black has released a statement saying, "We salute her for a life of remarkable achievements as an actor, as a diplomat, and most importantly as our beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and adored wife for fifty-five years of the late and much missed Charles Alden Black."
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Chonda Pierce's Husband David Passes Due to Complications from a Stroke and Heart Attack; Suffered Brain Hemorrhage
Update: It has come to our attention that Chonda Pierce's husband David passed last night. The following article is the timeline of events as to what ahppened to David as reported before we learned of his passing - "Chonda Pierce's Husband David Needs Prayers; Comedienne's Spouse Suffers Heart Attack, Stroke, and Now has Brain Hemorrhage"
Newsboys Drummer Duncan Phillips Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery Just Days Before Tour Begins; 'Recovery will be Swift!' (VIDEO)
Duncan Phillips, drummer of the Newsboys and their definite leader of personality, just underwent a successful knee surgery and posted a picture on Instagram.
Lecrae Discusses 'Anomaly' Album and Dealing with Groupies on 'Sway in the Morning'; 'You're More Valuable Than All That' (VIDEOS)
Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae appeared on the "Sway in the Morning" show to talk about his upcoming album Anomaly and share his thoughts on rap music, Christianity, and how he feels about groupies.
Switchfoot Performs 'When We Come Alive' Live on the 'Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson'; 'Fading West' Appears on Netflix August 1 (VIDEO)
Last night Switchfoot played their new single "When We Come Alive" on the "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" on CBS.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too