Shirley Temple Net Worth: Actress Leaves Net Worth of $10 Million After Death to 3 Children
Shirley Temple was the darling and the biggest media icon of the 1930's. Having starred in over 40 films, her wealth exceeded ten million dollars at the time of her death at 10:37 p.m. Pacific time on Monday.
No one would have expected the abnormally adorable child of a middle income California family with no particularly extraordinary heritage to speak of, to become a beloved public figure, selling more merchandise than any other media sensation at that time. But after 'Bright Eyes,' in 1934, a breakaway hit that earned her a 'Juvenile Academy Award,' 20th Century Fox Studios signed Temple for more and more films, eventually hiring a group of writers to pen scripts exclusively for the precocious young actress.
Like Us on Facebook
Shirley Temple appeared in tens of movies in the next ten years or so, garnering great success and winning the adoration of millions. When she dropped out of show business at 22, it was because the public was still enamored with the rambunctious, dimpled "America's Little Darling," and not the blossoming young woman who came after.
Shirley is survived by three children, one from her first marriage with John Agar, Susan, who was born in 1948, and one from her second marriage with Charles Alden Black, which yielded two more children, Charles and Lori.
The immediate family of Mrs. Temple/Black has released a statement saying, "We salute her for a life of remarkable achievements as an actor, as a diplomat, and most importantly as our beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and adored wife for fifty-five years of the late and much missed Charles Alden Black."
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘Keeping my Mind Focused on All God Says, is Becoming a Little Fragile at Times’ She States As She Enters Round Three of Chemo (PHOTO)
Last month, former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech wrote her fans with news that she started to lose her hair as she began chemo treatments. In a new blog posted the beginning of March, Zschech updates fans again while undergoing her third round of chemotherapy proclaiming that she is keeping her "MIND focused" on God's word.
Candace Cameron Bure Facebook: Actress Addresses Christian Supporters 'All I See is a Bunch of Religious People Throwing Around Bible Verses Attacking Each Other'
Candace Cameron Bure pens a blog titled "Who REALLY Runs My FB Page?" As the 37-year-old wife and mother of three gains popularity she also has gained a lot of criticism. "ME!" She exclaims answering the questioned posed in her headline.
Roma Downey and Mark Burnett are the married couple who created "The Bible" miniseries and the recent movie "Son of God," they said have gotten hundreds of emails from long-time believers and new converts revealing that the film has really touched their lives.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty