Mary Mary's Erica Campbell World Premieres New Music Video 'Help' Featuring Lecrae (VIDEO)
After over a decade of creating great gospel music with her sister Tina Campbell as the dynamic duo Mary Mary, Gospel singer Erica Campbell takes her new single "Help" into the mainstream market with the debut of her new music video "Help."
The video was shot in Los Angeles, and directed by renowned director Billy Woodruff who is known for his film work in "Beauty Shop," "Honey," and more.
The video compliments the passion of the song which also showcases Campbell's nine-year old daughter Krista and guest features rapper, Lecrae. They are the only three people seen throughout the entire video. With just a black background the three are shown individually performing the powerful words of the song.
The video premiered on VH1 Soul Monday and aired every hour all day and was also available online exclusively on VH1.com.
"Help" is now available for digital download on iTunes. The collaboration will likely be a hit for both Gospel and urban platforms due to the collaboration of two the biggest artists in the genre, Campbell and Lecrae.
Campbell received a lot of backlash from her fellow Christians concerning the promotional photo for the single, but she dismissed the backlash and has been keeping busy promoting her new music and spreading her message.
Campbell continues to travel the country promoting the release of her upcoming solo album, Help, which hits stores March 25th as well as the start of the third season of her hit WEtv show, "Mary Mary," on February 27th.
The Grammy nominated singer officially started her solo career with her very successful radio hit "A Little More Jesus" last year, and it was nominated for a Grammy.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty