As I Lay Dying News: Christian Metal Band Gearing Up For Tour with Killswitch Engage 2013 and New Album
The Christian hard metal band, As I Lay Dying, has just recently announced their new upcoming tour with band Killswitch Engage.
The two bands will begin their U.S headline tour on May 30 in Oklahoma City at the Diamond Ballroom.
The tour will travel across the states on a 30+ event tour which will gather metal rockers from around the country.
Killswitch Engage is on tour until the end of April in Europe and has just recently been nominated for three Metal Hammer awards.
Like Us on Facebook
As I Lay Dying has been on tour since February with band Devil Wears Prada doing a co-headliner tour that will continue through April. During this tour, the two bands are also being accompanied by For Today and The Chariot.
With As I Lay Dying's sixth studio album Awaken being released during last September, the band has already sold more then 28,000 copies and have hit the No. 11 spot of the Billboard 200 charts.
The band originally started in San Diego, California in 2001, signed with popular record label, Metal Blade and released their first studio album called Frail Words Collaspe. Since 2003, the band has released six studio albums that all have ranked on the top music charts and have been recognized as "Artists of the Year" in 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2011. During an interview with BlabberMouth, Tim Lambesis speaks about how he has recently just gotten a Theology degree and how he uses what he has learned to write the songs for his albums and properly understand all religions.
With As I lay Dying still being a fresh new metal band, very few people know that they hardcore Christian worshippers from the heavy head banging music. "Everyone has those frustrating moments in Life, and when I get on the stage I put my heart into the songs, and the last things I want to do when I leave stage is be a 'angry' metal guy but our music is about our faith" stated Tim.
As I Lay Dying will be finishing up their headliner tour and soon heading back on the road again with Killswitch engage to finish another sell-out tour. For more information on the band or its tour dates visit their website.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
God Over Money, (G.O.M) headed by popular Christian Rapper Bizzle, was eager to share the signing of their newest artist on social media Wednesday and the decision was met with much praise.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
'Fifty Shades of Grey' Challenged by Faith Based Movie 'Old Fashioned'; Releases the Same Day and Provides a Godly Alternative (VIDEO)
The creators of the upcoming faith based film Old Fashioned, have announced that they've scheduled to release the new "chivalry is not dead" love film on the same weekend Universal debuts, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too