Joni Eareckson Tada's 'Alone Yet Not Alone' Movie Song Gets Lobbied by Artists for Life to be Reinstated After Revoked Nomination
Artists for Life defends songwriter Bruce Broughton and the song sang by Joni Eareckson Tada titled, "Alone Yet Not Alone," and is asking the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences to permit the song to contend with other selections for the Oscar award.
Broughton, the composer of the song, was an ex-governor of the Academy and is an existing executive committee member. He indicated in a press release that "The marketing abilities of the other companies before and after the nomination far outstrip anything that this song was able to benefit from."
Like Us on Facebook
Albert Strong is the Director of Artists for Life and issued the following statement in a press release:
"We are saddened that the song 'Alone Yet Not Alone,' sung by AFL Affiliated Artist Joni Eareckson Tada, was removed as an Oscar nomination. Bruce Broughton has a long and distinguished career which deserves better treatment at the hands of the Motion Picture Academy. God will use this questionable ruling for His Glory and the song will be magnified through this episode more widely than we can know."
The petition has been generated to convince the Academy to reverse its verdict to withdraw the Christian film's nomination for best original song.
Artists for Life is a project of Cherish Life Ministries. The company endorsed a culture of life celebrating art in its various forms.
Tada is a born again Christian who has her own faith based television show called 'Joni and Friends.'
In addition, the 64-year-old quadriplegic woman also runs a self-less organization that shares the same name as her Christian TV program that donates wheelchairs to children in third world countries.
"I was grateful for the attention the nomination brought to this worthy song and the inspirational film behind it, as well as to the ongoing work of Joni and Friends to people affected by disabilities. The decision by the Academy to rescind the nomination may well bring even further attention, and I only hope it helps to further extend the message and impact of the song," said Tada in report last week.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Fifty Shades of Grey' Challenged by Faith Based Movie 'Old Fashioned'; Releases the Same Day and Provides a Godly Alternative (VIDEO)
The creators of the upcoming faith based film Old Fashioned, have announced that they've scheduled to release the new "chivalry is not dead" love film on the same weekend Universal debuts, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too