Joni Eareckson Tada's 'Alone Yet Not Alone' Movie Song Gets Lobbied by Artists for Life to be Reinstated After Revoked Nomination
Artists for Life defends songwriter Bruce Broughton and the song sang by Joni Eareckson Tada titled, "Alone Yet Not Alone," and is asking the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences to permit the song to contend with other selections for the Oscar award.
Broughton, the composer of the song, was an ex-governor of the Academy and is an existing executive committee member. He indicated in a press release that "The marketing abilities of the other companies before and after the nomination far outstrip anything that this song was able to benefit from."
Like Us on Facebook
Albert Strong is the Director of Artists for Life and issued the following statement in a press release:
"We are saddened that the song 'Alone Yet Not Alone,' sung by AFL Affiliated Artist Joni Eareckson Tada, was removed as an Oscar nomination. Bruce Broughton has a long and distinguished career which deserves better treatment at the hands of the Motion Picture Academy. God will use this questionable ruling for His Glory and the song will be magnified through this episode more widely than we can know."
The petition has been generated to convince the Academy to reverse its verdict to withdraw the Christian film's nomination for best original song.
Artists for Life is a project of Cherish Life Ministries. The company endorsed a culture of life celebrating art in its various forms.
Tada is a born again Christian who has her own faith based television show called 'Joni and Friends.'
In addition, the 64-year-old quadriplegic woman also runs a self-less organization that shares the same name as her Christian TV program that donates wheelchairs to children in third world countries.
"I was grateful for the attention the nomination brought to this worthy song and the inspirational film behind it, as well as to the ongoing work of Joni and Friends to people affected by disabilities. The decision by the Academy to rescind the nomination may well bring even further attention, and I only hope it helps to further extend the message and impact of the song," said Tada in report last week.
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
- Kari Jobe on Helping People Connect to God, 'I'm Just Being Obedient to Fulfill the Calling I Have on My Life' (Interview Part 2)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘Keeping my Mind Focused on All God Says, is Becoming a Little Fragile at Times’ She States As She Enters Round Three of Chemo (PHOTO)
Last month, former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech wrote her fans with news that she started to lose her hair as she began chemo treatments. In a new blog posted the beginning of March, Zschech updates fans again while undergoing her third round of chemotherapy proclaiming that she is keeping her "MIND focused" on God's word.
Candace Cameron Bure Facebook: Actress Addresses Christian Supporters 'All I See is a Bunch of Religious People Throwing Around Bible Verses Attacking Each Other'
Candace Cameron Bure pens a blog titled "Who REALLY Runs My FB Page?" As the 37-year-old wife and mother of three gains popularity she also has gained a lot of criticism. "ME!" She exclaims answering the questioned posed in her headline.
Roma Downey and Mark Burnett are the married couple who created "The Bible" miniseries and the recent movie "Son of God," they said have gotten hundreds of emails from long-time believers and new converts revealing that the film has really touched their lives.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty