Jeremy Lin Transfer News: Linsanity Surprised and Hurt That Knicks Allowed Him to Leave NYC
In a recent interview, Houston Rockets point guard, Jeremy Lin, talked about how he was surprised and hurt that the New York Knicks did not match the offer to re-sign him a few years ago.
"I'm not sure if you could say I left New York," said Lin to HuffPost. "I think God has a perfect plan for me and I ended up in Houston and the way it all happened without going into details is just you know restricted free agency and some sense there is only so much that I can control and not everything was in my control."
Like Us on Facebook
Lin was disappointed to learn that the Knicks would not re-sign him after the organization made previous comments that they would do exactly that in the off-season.
"Yeah, I was surprised...I'm human so of course," said Lin. "Even though everyone understands it's a business...we're all human so we all have emotions. It was definitely unexpected but like I said it's all working out and it's all part of the plan. I thought the way it happened was not exactly the way I thought it would happen based on what I was hearing."
In a previous interview with Yankees announcer Michael Kay on Kay's sports show, New York Knicks owner James Dolan made the revelation that he does not regret the decision to let the young point guard leave New York.
"No," said Dolan to Kay on the Michael Kay show that airs live on Yes Network. "No regrets with Jeremy Lin. I wish Jeremy the best of luck, but he's going to get paid $19 million next year, and imagine what our team would be like if we, you know, we'd be stuck for a long time, so no."
On February 4, 2012, Lin's first ever game as a starter with New York, he racked up 25 points on 10 for 19 shooting, seven assists, and five rebounds against the Nets.
Now in 2014, Lin is rumored to be traded in the upcoming off-season, it is currently undertermined whether this information holds water.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Flyleaf's Former Singer Lacey Sturm to Release Book Documenting Her Struggle with Drugs and Suicidal Thoughts; Shares How She Overcame (VIDEO)
Former singer of Flyleaf, Lacey Sturm, is sharing her testimony in her upcoming book 'The Reason - How I discovered a Life Worth Living', where she found Jesus on the brink of suicide.
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Christian Man Falsely Arrested For Rape Thanks God After Spending 12 Years in a Texas Prison (VIDEO)
Michael Phillips recently thanked The Lord after he was released from a Texas Prison after he spent 12 years behind bars because he was falsely arrested for rape in 2002.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too