Jeremy Lin News: Linsanity in the Running for Sixth Man of the Year?
Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin is unquestionably dealing with less significant of a frenzy that once surrounded him during "Linsanity" when he was a member of the NY Knicks two years ago.
Lin is in the race for Sixth Man of the Year honors this season, as the Rockets have preferred Patrick Beverley as their starting point guard for the majority of the year. However, both guards are usually around to close games, especially the close games, and the two for all intents and purposes average the same minutes. Lin plays at least 30.9 minutes per game, while Beverley is at 31.8 minutes per game.
Like Us on Facebook
The Rockets' best lineup on the court is when Lin, Beverley, Terrence Jones, Dwight Howard and Chandler Parsons are playing together. In addition, the lineup has .875 winning percentage, ranked ninth in the NBA.
Most notably, the Rockets have come to depend quite profoundly on Lin's clutch scoring ability. Lin supplies his squad with additional firepower just when the opponents' defense believes they are preventing the Rockets from scoring.
With Lin, the Rockets are more powerful on offense. Lin's scoring is comparable to his superstar teammate James Harden because both men constantly give defenses problems.
This is not the only reason why Lin will may one day obtain the award. There are several NBA bench players that offer similar productions to their teams, including J.R. Smith, Jarrett Jack, Reggie Jackson, Mo Williams, Marco Belinelli, and the rejuvenated D.J. Augustin.
The Sixth Man award is chosen by reporters who look for a story of an athlete overcoming obstacles on and off the court. Lin seems to be a very probable candidate because he has an awe-inspiring NBA journey that first started with him as an undrafted rookie right out of Harvard University before becoming an unlikely superstar in New York City with the Knicks. Now, Lin is currently an essential athlete for the Houston Rockets and he may be the next recipient of the Sixth Man award.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty