Jeremy Lin News: Linsanity in the Running for Sixth Man of the Year?
Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin is unquestionably dealing with less significant of a frenzy that once surrounded him during "Linsanity" when he was a member of the NY Knicks two years ago.
Lin is in the race for Sixth Man of the Year honors this season, as the Rockets have preferred Patrick Beverley as their starting point guard for the majority of the year. However, both guards are usually around to close games, especially the close games, and the two for all intents and purposes average the same minutes. Lin plays at least 30.9 minutes per game, while Beverley is at 31.8 minutes per game.
Like Us on Facebook
The Rockets' best lineup on the court is when Lin, Beverley, Terrence Jones, Dwight Howard and Chandler Parsons are playing together. In addition, the lineup has .875 winning percentage, ranked ninth in the NBA.
Most notably, the Rockets have come to depend quite profoundly on Lin's clutch scoring ability. Lin supplies his squad with additional firepower just when the opponents' defense believes they are preventing the Rockets from scoring.
With Lin, the Rockets are more powerful on offense. Lin's scoring is comparable to his superstar teammate James Harden because both men constantly give defenses problems.
This is not the only reason why Lin will may one day obtain the award. There are several NBA bench players that offer similar productions to their teams, including J.R. Smith, Jarrett Jack, Reggie Jackson, Mo Williams, Marco Belinelli, and the rejuvenated D.J. Augustin.
The Sixth Man award is chosen by reporters who look for a story of an athlete overcoming obstacles on and off the court. Lin seems to be a very probable candidate because he has an awe-inspiring NBA journey that first started with him as an undrafted rookie right out of Harvard University before becoming an unlikely superstar in New York City with the Knicks. Now, Lin is currently an essential athlete for the Houston Rockets and he may be the next recipient of the Sixth Man award.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty