Ja'Nel Witt: Hell's Kitchen Season 11 Winner Denied Job, Possibly Failed Drug Test
In late July Chef Gordon Ramsey crowned Ja'Nel Witt as the winner of reality TV series Hell's Kitchen. Ja'Nel competed in season 11 of the show, but unfortunately she has been denied her grand prize as head chef for Gordon Ramsay's Pub and Grill at the Caesars Palace casino in Las Vegas. It has been speculated that Witt failed a drug test that was required by Caesars Palace in order to gain her position as head chef at the restaurant. TMZ reported that Witt tested positive for cocaine...
Like Us on Facebook
Witt took to twitter to let her fans of the situation in a series of tweets,
"I would like to express my sincerest thanks to HELL'S KITCHEN, Gordon Ramsay, Caesars Palace & my supportive fans for this amazing experience. Due to personal matters, I will not be joining the team in Las Vegas, but I wish them continued success. I am thankful for everyone who made it possible and I am looking forward to my next cooking chapter."
Fortunately for the star chef, Witt does get to keep her grand prize money. She will receive a $250,000 check. Witt went against a field of 20 contestants on Hell's Kitchen and beat finalist Mary "The Butcher" Poehnelt. Chef Ramsey had only kind words to say about Mitt, "In all my years in Hell's Kitchen, I have never seen a more composed individual than Ja'Nel. And that is why I am so happy to have this ambitious, creative and talented woman as my Head Chef."
Witt declined to speak on the situation in a tweet she issued on Friday afternoon saying,
"Thank you for the kind words and the rumors are very entertaining, but I won't address the negativity or ridiculous headlines #celebstatus"
Stay tuned for updates!
- Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
Curb Records contemporary Christian band Mikeschair released their new album All or Nothing on Apr. 1 and lead singer Mike Grayson said he and his band mates had to face the music and really give God their all.
Film Director Tim Chey has urged Hollywood to embrace "true believers" to tell Bible stories, rather than have just big name directors who do not even believe in God, and do not completely understand the faith that a majority of viewers to their biblical movie will have.
Christian Teen Shot In the Eye in NYC; Victim Gama Droiville, 13, Forgives Shooter, Thanks God Despite Horrific Injury in Brooklyn [VIDEO]
Teenager, Gama Droiville, recently suffered an horrendous attack when he was shot in his right eye in Brooklyn, New York City. However, despite the horrific injury he has said that he forgives the 21-year-old gunman Kareem Potomont because of his strong Christian faith and belief in Jesus.
Atheists File Lawsuit Against New Jersey School For Reciting 'Under God' Statement in Pledge of Allegiance
Atheists filed a lawsuit against school on behalf of New Jersey parents who condemn the fact that their child is exposed to hearing the words "under God" during daily oration of the Pledge of Allegiance due to a state law.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty