Ja'Nel Witt: Hell's Kitchen Season 11 Winner Denied Job, Possibly Failed Drug Test
In late July Chef Gordon Ramsey crowned Ja'Nel Witt as the winner of reality TV series Hell's Kitchen. Ja'Nel competed in season 11 of the show, but unfortunately she has been denied her grand prize as head chef for Gordon Ramsay's Pub and Grill at the Caesars Palace casino in Las Vegas. It has been speculated that Witt failed a drug test that was required by Caesars Palace in order to gain her position as head chef at the restaurant. TMZ reported that Witt tested positive for cocaine...
Like Us on Facebook
Witt took to twitter to let her fans of the situation in a series of tweets,
"I would like to express my sincerest thanks to HELL'S KITCHEN, Gordon Ramsay, Caesars Palace & my supportive fans for this amazing experience. Due to personal matters, I will not be joining the team in Las Vegas, but I wish them continued success. I am thankful for everyone who made it possible and I am looking forward to my next cooking chapter."
Fortunately for the star chef, Witt does get to keep her grand prize money. She will receive a $250,000 check. Witt went against a field of 20 contestants on Hell's Kitchen and beat finalist Mary "The Butcher" Poehnelt. Chef Ramsey had only kind words to say about Mitt, "In all my years in Hell's Kitchen, I have never seen a more composed individual than Ja'Nel. And that is why I am so happy to have this ambitious, creative and talented woman as my Head Chef."
Witt declined to speak on the situation in a tweet she issued on Friday afternoon saying,
"Thank you for the kind words and the rumors are very entertaining, but I won't address the negativity or ridiculous headlines #celebstatus"
Stay tuned for updates!
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty