Jeremy Lin Ignites All-Star Debate Among Fans, Are His Stats Good Enough to Make the Team?
Jeremy Lin is one of the rare players in the National Basketball Association whose name can cause such passionate responses from sports enthusiasts from across the globe.
Similar to current NBA legends Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, Lin has accumulated rabid and devoted followers that have supported the congenial point guard of Taiwanese decent.
However, the Palo Alto, Californian native has also drawn his share of critics that have been less than fascinated with him in spite of his upswing to recognition after the "Linsanity" obsession that swept New York off its feet in February 2012.
Like Us on Facebook
The most recent debate that divides NBA fans has been whether or not Lin deserves to be an NBA All-Star at the annual All-Star game on February 16, 2014.
On the NBA All-Star Facebook page, fans let their voices be heard after NBA enthusiast Sophia Wang harmlessly voted her favorite player: "Jeremy Lin #NBABallot He is the best."
Hanamichi Rodman responded with "Never," as other fans began chiming in.
Ojwang George Swagnificent: "Lin is not all star."
Jane Lin typed, "Lin is all star forever."
Another fan wrote, "Please show some respect to other people's opinions or you can ask the NBA to change their rules."
Ryu-Ken Alexter Ace added, "Jeremy Lin is good .. But its not enough to be in an All Star Team.."
Ming-ming Yang added, "I want to see Jeremy Lin , play in the All-Star game bc he has serious skills! #NBABallot."
Lin is averaging 14.1 points and 4.1 assists so far this year for the high powered Houston Rockets offense that scores 105.7 per game.
- Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Mikeschair's 'All or Nothing' Singer Wonders Why Christians Don't Have a 'Battlecry' Anthem for the Lord (INTERVIEW)
Curb Records contemporary Christian band Mikeschair released their new album All or Nothing on Apr. 1 and lead singer Mike Grayson said he and his band mates had to face the music and really give God their all.
Film Director Tim Chey has urged Hollywood to embrace "true believers" to tell Bible stories, rather than have just big name directors who do not even believe in God, and do not completely understand the faith that a majority of viewers to their biblical movie will have.
Christian Teen Shot In the Eye in NYC; Victim Gama Droiville, 13, Forgives Shooter, Thanks God Despite Horrific Injury in Brooklyn [VIDEO]
Teenager, Gama Droiville, recently suffered an horrendous attack when he was shot in his right eye in Brooklyn, New York City. However, despite the horrific injury he has said that he forgives the 21-year-old gunman Kareem Potomont because of his strong Christian faith and belief in Jesus.
Atheists File Lawsuit Against New Jersey School For Reciting 'Under God' Statement in Pledge of Allegiance
Atheists filed a lawsuit against school on behalf of New Jersey parents who condemn the fact that their child is exposed to hearing the words "under God" during daily oration of the Pledge of Allegiance due to a state law.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty