Jeremy Lin Ignites All-Star Debate Among Fans, Are His Stats Good Enough to Make the Team?
Jeremy Lin is one of the rare players in the National Basketball Association whose name can cause such passionate responses from sports enthusiasts from across the globe.
Similar to current NBA legends Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, Lin has accumulated rabid and devoted followers that have supported the congenial point guard of Taiwanese decent.
However, the Palo Alto, Californian native has also drawn his share of critics that have been less than fascinated with him in spite of his upswing to recognition after the "Linsanity" obsession that swept New York off its feet in February 2012.
Like Us on Facebook
The most recent debate that divides NBA fans has been whether or not Lin deserves to be an NBA All-Star at the annual All-Star game on February 16, 2014.
On the NBA All-Star Facebook page, fans let their voices be heard after NBA enthusiast Sophia Wang harmlessly voted her favorite player: "Jeremy Lin #NBABallot He is the best."
Hanamichi Rodman responded with "Never," as other fans began chiming in.
Ojwang George Swagnificent: "Lin is not all star."
Jane Lin typed, "Lin is all star forever."
Another fan wrote, "Please show some respect to other people's opinions or you can ask the NBA to change their rules."
Ryu-Ken Alexter Ace added, "Jeremy Lin is good .. But its not enough to be in an All Star Team.."
Ming-ming Yang added, "I want to see Jeremy Lin , play in the All-Star game bc he has serious skills! #NBABallot."
Lin is averaging 14.1 points and 4.1 assists so far this year for the high powered Houston Rockets offense that scores 105.7 per game.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty