Jeremy Lin Ignites All-Star Debate Among Fans, Are His Stats Good Enough to Make the Team?
Jeremy Lin is one of the rare players in the National Basketball Association whose name can cause such passionate responses from sports enthusiasts from across the globe.
Similar to current NBA legends Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, Lin has accumulated rabid and devoted followers that have supported the congenial point guard of Taiwanese decent.
However, the Palo Alto, Californian native has also drawn his share of critics that have been less than fascinated with him in spite of his upswing to recognition after the "Linsanity" obsession that swept New York off its feet in February 2012.
Like Us on Facebook
The most recent debate that divides NBA fans has been whether or not Lin deserves to be an NBA All-Star at the annual All-Star game on February 16, 2014.
On the NBA All-Star Facebook page, fans let their voices be heard after NBA enthusiast Sophia Wang harmlessly voted her favorite player: "Jeremy Lin #NBABallot He is the best."
Hanamichi Rodman responded with "Never," as other fans began chiming in.
Ojwang George Swagnificent: "Lin is not all star."
Jane Lin typed, "Lin is all star forever."
Another fan wrote, "Please show some respect to other people's opinions or you can ask the NBA to change their rules."
Ryu-Ken Alexter Ace added, "Jeremy Lin is good .. But its not enough to be in an All Star Team.."
Ming-ming Yang added, "I want to see Jeremy Lin , play in the All-Star game bc he has serious skills! #NBABallot."
Lin is averaging 14.1 points and 4.1 assists so far this year for the high powered Houston Rockets offense that scores 105.7 per game.
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Pastor Shares Battle with Chronic Depression; Shares 6 Truths for Struggling Christians, 'As Long as I'm Alive, I have Jesus'
Depression is something that is often not addressed in the church, and is in fact often looked down upon for a believer. Christians are not supposed to be depressed because they have, "the love of Jesus" in their hearts. However, depression is something that can affect everyone in their daily lives and pastor and co-founder of Bad Christian, Joey Svendsen shared about his own troubles in a blog post.
Remedy Drive's declaration of war against human trafficking and sex slavery tops the music charts with their new single "Commodity."
Ghosts in a Pennsylvania Haunted house attacked a Fox News cameraman and reporter during a live interview with the homeowner, and the ghosts are allegedly caught on camera.
Jennifer Hudson, 'Walk It Out' Singer Says Her Faith in Jesus Christ Helped Overcome Family Tragedy (VIDEO)
In a new interview, former American Idol contestant Jennifer Hudson recently revealed how her faith helped her overcome the tragedy that claimed many members of her family six years ago.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too