Jeremy Lin Ignites All-Star Debate Among Fans, Are His Stats Good Enough to Make the Team?
Jeremy Lin is one of the rare players in the National Basketball Association whose name can cause such passionate responses from sports enthusiasts from across the globe.
Similar to current NBA legends Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, Lin has accumulated rabid and devoted followers that have supported the congenial point guard of Taiwanese decent.
However, the Palo Alto, Californian native has also drawn his share of critics that have been less than fascinated with him in spite of his upswing to recognition after the "Linsanity" obsession that swept New York off its feet in February 2012.
Like Us on Facebook
The most recent debate that divides NBA fans has been whether or not Lin deserves to be an NBA All-Star at the annual All-Star game on February 16, 2014.
On the NBA All-Star Facebook page, fans let their voices be heard after NBA enthusiast Sophia Wang harmlessly voted her favorite player: "Jeremy Lin #NBABallot He is the best."
Hanamichi Rodman responded with "Never," as other fans began chiming in.
Ojwang George Swagnificent: "Lin is not all star."
Jane Lin typed, "Lin is all star forever."
Another fan wrote, "Please show some respect to other people's opinions or you can ask the NBA to change their rules."
Ryu-Ken Alexter Ace added, "Jeremy Lin is good .. But its not enough to be in an All Star Team.."
Ming-ming Yang added, "I want to see Jeremy Lin , play in the All-Star game bc he has serious skills! #NBABallot."
Lin is averaging 14.1 points and 4.1 assists so far this year for the high powered Houston Rockets offense that scores 105.7 per game.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty