iPhone's Siri App Predicts the End of the World? 'It's Sunday, 27 July 2014 (Opening Gates of Hades)'
iPhone application Siri, is predicting the opening of Hells gates on, "July 27th, 2014." Does the smartphone app know something everyone else does not?
For people that have an iPhone, Siri is a very familiar and friendly app. Siri serves as an intelligent personal assistant that navigates the web to answer questions, make recommendations, and performing actions on the iPhone mobile device.
Like Us on Facebook
Siri came with the Apple Inc.'s iOS upgrade. It's name stands for speech interpretation and recognition interface.
Oddly enough when a user activates Siri and asks "what day is July 27th 2014" or What day will it be on July 27th 2014?" the returned answer is, "It's Sunday, 27 July 2014 (Opening Gates of Hades)."
This does not only happen in the application in English, it also happens when you ask in Spanish. Siri responding in Spanish "Apertura de las Puertas del Infierno."
Hades was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. Eventually, the name came to describe the residence of the dead. In the Bible Hades is the standard translation for Sheol also defined to many as Hell.
The question many are asking is if Siri is predicting the end of the world, or the next big catastrophe, and questioning why this would even be a context in the app to begin with.
The date could even possibly have some sort of religious explanation. During Ramadan, Muslims fast daily before dawn until sunset, eating by evening prayer.
Gabe Hash TV did some religious investigating and found that the month of Ramadan begins June 28, 2014. It is believed that this is the time when the gates of paradise are open and the gates of Hell are closed until they reopen July 28th 2014. He believes that is the most logical explanation as to why a program is stating the opening of the gates of Hell.
Users of the iPhone app Siri have also found that when asking Siri about Jesus or Christianity, the app always responds by redirecting to a generic site on the web or condescendingly claiming that it does not need religion or claims that it has no belief. In comparison, when asking Siri about the Devil, the application does not give a direct answer. In fact, it leaves the answer open into interpretation on the matter.
It may be senseless to think that function on a mobile device is possible of devising plans of evil or predicting them, but behind every piece of technology is a human that created it, with it's own opinion and possibly promoting an agenda.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty