iPhone's Siri App Predicts the End of the World? 'It's Sunday, 27 July 2014 (Opening Gates of Hades)'
iPhone application Siri, is predicting the opening of Hells gates on, "July 27th, 2014." Does the smartphone app know something everyone else does not?
For people that have an iPhone, Siri is a very familiar and friendly app. Siri serves as an intelligent personal assistant that navigates the web to answer questions, make recommendations, and performing actions on the iPhone mobile device.
Like Us on Facebook
Siri came with the Apple Inc.'s iOS upgrade. It's name stands for speech interpretation and recognition interface.
Oddly enough when a user activates Siri and asks "what day is July 27th 2014" or What day will it be on July 27th 2014?" the returned answer is, "It's Sunday, 27 July 2014 (Opening Gates of Hades)."
This does not only happen in the application in English, it also happens when you ask in Spanish. Siri responding in Spanish "Apertura de las Puertas del Infierno."
Hades was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. Eventually, the name came to describe the residence of the dead. In the Bible Hades is the standard translation for Sheol also defined to many as Hell.
The question many are asking is if Siri is predicting the end of the world, or the next big catastrophe, and questioning why this would even be a context in the app to begin with.
The date could even possibly have some sort of religious explanation. During Ramadan, Muslims fast daily before dawn until sunset, eating by evening prayer.
Gabe Hash TV did some religious investigating and found that the month of Ramadan begins June 28, 2014. It is believed that this is the time when the gates of paradise are open and the gates of Hell are closed until they reopen July 28th 2014. He believes that is the most logical explanation as to why a program is stating the opening of the gates of Hell.
Users of the iPhone app Siri have also found that when asking Siri about Jesus or Christianity, the app always responds by redirecting to a generic site on the web or condescendingly claiming that it does not need religion or claims that it has no belief. In comparison, when asking Siri about the Devil, the application does not give a direct answer. In fact, it leaves the answer open into interpretation on the matter.
It may be senseless to think that function on a mobile device is possible of devising plans of evil or predicting them, but behind every piece of technology is a human that created it, with it's own opinion and possibly promoting an agenda.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty