"The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" 2013 Movie Premiere. "The Hobbit 2" in Theatres this December. LIVE TRAILER
"The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" will be hitting theatres this December and is the second of three trilogies based on J.R.R. Tolkiens 1937 novel. The "Hobbit 2" continues from the first original 'Hobbit' as the hobbit Bilbo Baggins contiues on a journey with the great wizard Gandolf, and 13 other dwarves led by Thorin Oakenshield into the Kingdom of Erebor. The team of Dwarves and Gandolf will travel through Mirkwood, Esgaroth, and Dale to go to battle with the dreadful dragon Smaug.
Like Us on Facebook
The journey continues as "The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug" goes on a epic quest to reclaim the Lonely Mountain and the Kingdom of Erebor as the group runs into multple encounters along their way. Bilbo and Gandolf, along with the 13 dwarves run into the skin changing Beorn and a abundance of giant spiders as they head into the dark forest of Mirkwood. Almost in the clear, they are captured by dangerous wood elves. As the group continues through Mirkwood, the Dwarves began traveling to Lake Town and finally to the Lonely Mountain itself.
"The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug" will challenge the dwarves courage and friendship as the team goes into the Lonely Mountain to defeat the Dragon Smaug. As they try to defeat the dragon, the Dwarves will have to decide wether or not their journey was worth dying or losing eachother during an epic battle to regain the Lonely Mountain. In the secondary plot line, Gandalf leads the White Council to wash out the Necromancer of Dol Guldor. Gandalf discovers that the world has been completely blind to an evil up-rising from the very place that they tried to bury it. "The Hobbit :Desolation of Smaug" premieres in theatres this December. For more information on the film go here.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty