Multiplatinum-selling and award-winning Christian worship band Hillsong UNITED is gearing up for the release of their album PEOPLE, and The Christian Post caught up with founding band member JD Douglass to get a look at how the ministry continues to revolutionize worship music worldwide.
Hillsong church was founded by Brian Houston and his wife, Bobbie, in the suburbs of Sydney, Australia, in 1983. It has now grown from a single church to an international ministry that has churches in 21 countries on six continents, including: London, England; Paris, France; Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Cape Town, South Africa; Tel Aviv, Israel; and three cities in the United States.
The church has an average global attendance approaching 130,000 weekly.
In the U.S., Hillsong is recognized for its thriving congregations in New York City, Los Angeles, California, and Phoenix, Arizona, and their services are frequently attended by many A-list celebrities.
- Hillsong Channel series 'Now With Natalie' highlights celebrities impacting culture with their faith
- Kelly Rowland shares Destiny's Child moment when she realized what was greater than awards
- Supermodel Hailey Bieber says her sole purpose is to represent Jesus
- Hillsong Channel launches new series featuring celebrities talking about their faith
- Carl Lentz shares how he responded when 9-y-o son didn't feel like going to church