Gary Chapman Returns with New Album, The Truth
(NASHVILLE, Tennessee) -- Award-winning singer-songwriter Gary Chapman returns with THE TRUTH, due on November 5th from Music Row-based Merf Music Group and distribution partners Elevate Entertainment and Syntax Distribution. The long-anticipated collection of songs is the first studio album from Chapman since 2002.
THE TRUTH features sixteen new studio recordings, with special vocal appearances from some of Chapman's friends and family. Allison Krauss joins him on "If God Had a Front Porch," John Rich and Tanya Tucker show up on "The Rough Crowd," and Rebecca Lynn Howard sits in on "When I Say." On a more personal level, Chapman's daughter Sarah sings on "Put it in His Hands," and his wife Cassie duets on the Christmas-themed, "All About a Baby."
Like Us on Facebook
For well over three decades, Chapman has seamlessly blurred the lines of contemporary Christian pop, country and southern gospel, racking up an impressive list of Dove Awards, GRAMMY nominations and writing credits for legendary artists such as Kenny Rogers, Alabama and Wynonna. Chapman is also widely remembered as the host of TNN's popular "Prime Time Country" television series and the "Sam's Place" concert series and radio program.
While it's been a decade since Chapman's last studio album, he has hardly sat idle. Chapman wrote, produced and directed the documentary "The 8th of November" for country duo Big & Rich, successfully helmed the content assets of professional football's "School of the Legends," and launched the popular "A Hymn A Week" online song and stories series, which was inspired by singing many of gospel music's timeless standards at his ailing father's bedside during his final days.
"Singing those hymns I grew up with helped me remember what music is for," recalls Chapman. "This project has nothing to do with money, but everything to do with genuinely touching someone's heart and offering healing. I have no delusions of grandeur at this point in my life and I am pleasantly embracing a place where it really doesn't matter a whole lot to me what anybody thinks, and I say that with zero arrogance or perceived distance."
Chapman has been busy at home as well. He and wife Cassie just welcomed the birth of their adopted baby daughter, Eva Rose, earlier this year, while the proud father continues to beam with pride over his son Matt and daughters Sarah and Millie, who've since spread their wings for school and successful careers respectively.
THE TRUTH is the most transparent window into Chapman's heart and soul throughout his entire career, and even if it doesn't match the past's multi-platinum sales statistics, he simply hopes it will show listeners his true self. "My family is my life, they're everything to me really, and my local church is also a primary focus where I serve as an elder," says Chapman. "I'm excited for people to hear what I have to say about it all and I'm also very anxious to get back on the road, not only to play, but also to connect with everyone again after all this time. I just want to keep singing. It's one of the things I was born to do."
THE TRUTH track listing:
2. Where You're Going
3. If God Had a Front Porch (featuring Alison Krauss)
4. Ain't Got a Prayer
5. How Great a God
6. Safe from the Wind
7. Widow of the South
8. Put it in His Hands (featuring Sarah Chapman)
9. All About a Baby (featuring Cassie Chapman)
10. Wisdom of Age
11. Everything I Know
12. When I Say (featuring Rebecca Lynn Howard)
13. I Didn't Find Jesus
14. That's God
15. Twenty Bucks Away
16. The Rough Crowd (featuring Tanya Tucker and John Rich)
For more information, visit the official website at www.garychapmanmusic.com.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
James Franco's Movie Adaptation of 'Child of God' Under Fire for Not Condemning Violence Portrayed in Film (TRAILER)
Actor James Franco is under heat for his latest directorial release, 'Child of God'. The film is an adaptation of the 1973 novel of the same name and is about a man who descends into violence and necrophilia.
Flyleaf's Former Singer Lacey Sturm to Release Book Documenting Her Struggle with Drugs and Suicidal Thoughts; Shares How She Overcame (VIDEO)
Former singer of Flyleaf, Lacey Sturm, is sharing her testimony in her upcoming book 'The Reason - How I discovered a Life Worth Living', where she found Jesus on the brink of suicide.
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too