Gary Chapman Returns with New Album, The Truth
(NASHVILLE, Tennessee) -- Award-winning singer-songwriter Gary Chapman returns with THE TRUTH, due on November 5th from Music Row-based Merf Music Group and distribution partners Elevate Entertainment and Syntax Distribution. The long-anticipated collection of songs is the first studio album from Chapman since 2002.
THE TRUTH features sixteen new studio recordings, with special vocal appearances from some of Chapman's friends and family. Allison Krauss joins him on "If God Had a Front Porch," John Rich and Tanya Tucker show up on "The Rough Crowd," and Rebecca Lynn Howard sits in on "When I Say." On a more personal level, Chapman's daughter Sarah sings on "Put it in His Hands," and his wife Cassie duets on the Christmas-themed, "All About a Baby."
Like Us on Facebook
For well over three decades, Chapman has seamlessly blurred the lines of contemporary Christian pop, country and southern gospel, racking up an impressive list of Dove Awards, GRAMMY nominations and writing credits for legendary artists such as Kenny Rogers, Alabama and Wynonna. Chapman is also widely remembered as the host of TNN's popular "Prime Time Country" television series and the "Sam's Place" concert series and radio program.
While it's been a decade since Chapman's last studio album, he has hardly sat idle. Chapman wrote, produced and directed the documentary "The 8th of November" for country duo Big & Rich, successfully helmed the content assets of professional football's "School of the Legends," and launched the popular "A Hymn A Week" online song and stories series, which was inspired by singing many of gospel music's timeless standards at his ailing father's bedside during his final days.
"Singing those hymns I grew up with helped me remember what music is for," recalls Chapman. "This project has nothing to do with money, but everything to do with genuinely touching someone's heart and offering healing. I have no delusions of grandeur at this point in my life and I am pleasantly embracing a place where it really doesn't matter a whole lot to me what anybody thinks, and I say that with zero arrogance or perceived distance."
Chapman has been busy at home as well. He and wife Cassie just welcomed the birth of their adopted baby daughter, Eva Rose, earlier this year, while the proud father continues to beam with pride over his son Matt and daughters Sarah and Millie, who've since spread their wings for school and successful careers respectively.
THE TRUTH is the most transparent window into Chapman's heart and soul throughout his entire career, and even if it doesn't match the past's multi-platinum sales statistics, he simply hopes it will show listeners his true self. "My family is my life, they're everything to me really, and my local church is also a primary focus where I serve as an elder," says Chapman. "I'm excited for people to hear what I have to say about it all and I'm also very anxious to get back on the road, not only to play, but also to connect with everyone again after all this time. I just want to keep singing. It's one of the things I was born to do."
THE TRUTH track listing:
2. Where You're Going
3. If God Had a Front Porch (featuring Alison Krauss)
4. Ain't Got a Prayer
5. How Great a God
6. Safe from the Wind
7. Widow of the South
8. Put it in His Hands (featuring Sarah Chapman)
9. All About a Baby (featuring Cassie Chapman)
10. Wisdom of Age
11. Everything I Know
12. When I Say (featuring Rebecca Lynn Howard)
13. I Didn't Find Jesus
14. That's God
15. Twenty Bucks Away
16. The Rough Crowd (featuring Tanya Tucker and John Rich)
For more information, visit the official website at www.garychapmanmusic.com.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘Keeping my Mind Focused on All God Says, is Becoming a Little Fragile at Times’ She States As She Enters Round Three of Chemo (PHOTO)
Last month, former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech wrote her fans with news that she started to lose her hair as she began chemo treatments. In a new blog posted the beginning of March, Zschech updates fans again while undergoing her third round of chemotherapy proclaiming that she is keeping her "MIND focused" on God's word.
Candace Cameron Bure Facebook: Actress Addresses Christian Supporters 'All I See is a Bunch of Religious People Throwing Around Bible Verses Attacking Each Other'
Candace Cameron Bure pens a blog titled "Who REALLY Runs My FB Page?" As the 37-year-old wife and mother of three gains popularity she also has gained a lot of criticism. "ME!" She exclaims answering the questioned posed in her headline.
Roma Downey and Mark Burnett are the married couple who created "The Bible" miniseries and the recent movie "Son of God," they said have gotten hundreds of emails from long-time believers and new converts revealing that the film has really touched their lives.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty