Gary Chapman Returns with New Album, The Truth
(NASHVILLE, Tennessee) -- Award-winning singer-songwriter Gary Chapman returns with THE TRUTH, due on November 5th from Music Row-based Merf Music Group and distribution partners Elevate Entertainment and Syntax Distribution. The long-anticipated collection of songs is the first studio album from Chapman since 2002.
THE TRUTH features sixteen new studio recordings, with special vocal appearances from some of Chapman's friends and family. Allison Krauss joins him on "If God Had a Front Porch," John Rich and Tanya Tucker show up on "The Rough Crowd," and Rebecca Lynn Howard sits in on "When I Say." On a more personal level, Chapman's daughter Sarah sings on "Put it in His Hands," and his wife Cassie duets on the Christmas-themed, "All About a Baby."
Like Us on Facebook
For well over three decades, Chapman has seamlessly blurred the lines of contemporary Christian pop, country and southern gospel, racking up an impressive list of Dove Awards, GRAMMY nominations and writing credits for legendary artists such as Kenny Rogers, Alabama and Wynonna. Chapman is also widely remembered as the host of TNN's popular "Prime Time Country" television series and the "Sam's Place" concert series and radio program.
While it's been a decade since Chapman's last studio album, he has hardly sat idle. Chapman wrote, produced and directed the documentary "The 8th of November" for country duo Big & Rich, successfully helmed the content assets of professional football's "School of the Legends," and launched the popular "A Hymn A Week" online song and stories series, which was inspired by singing many of gospel music's timeless standards at his ailing father's bedside during his final days.
"Singing those hymns I grew up with helped me remember what music is for," recalls Chapman. "This project has nothing to do with money, but everything to do with genuinely touching someone's heart and offering healing. I have no delusions of grandeur at this point in my life and I am pleasantly embracing a place where it really doesn't matter a whole lot to me what anybody thinks, and I say that with zero arrogance or perceived distance."
Chapman has been busy at home as well. He and wife Cassie just welcomed the birth of their adopted baby daughter, Eva Rose, earlier this year, while the proud father continues to beam with pride over his son Matt and daughters Sarah and Millie, who've since spread their wings for school and successful careers respectively.
THE TRUTH is the most transparent window into Chapman's heart and soul throughout his entire career, and even if it doesn't match the past's multi-platinum sales statistics, he simply hopes it will show listeners his true self. "My family is my life, they're everything to me really, and my local church is also a primary focus where I serve as an elder," says Chapman. "I'm excited for people to hear what I have to say about it all and I'm also very anxious to get back on the road, not only to play, but also to connect with everyone again after all this time. I just want to keep singing. It's one of the things I was born to do."
THE TRUTH track listing:
2. Where You're Going
3. If God Had a Front Porch (featuring Alison Krauss)
4. Ain't Got a Prayer
5. How Great a God
6. Safe from the Wind
7. Widow of the South
8. Put it in His Hands (featuring Sarah Chapman)
9. All About a Baby (featuring Cassie Chapman)
10. Wisdom of Age
11. Everything I Know
12. When I Say (featuring Rebecca Lynn Howard)
13. I Didn't Find Jesus
14. That's God
15. Twenty Bucks Away
16. The Rough Crowd (featuring Tanya Tucker and John Rich)
For more information, visit the official website at www.garychapmanmusic.com.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty