Doctor Who Season 8 Release Date, Spoilers and Cast Rumors: Samuel Anderson Joins Cast as New Doctor’s Male Companion
The 12th Doctor has now arrived and fans are already informed of his identity. Peter Capaldi who has already held a small role on 'Doctor Who' spin-off 'Torchwood,' will be portraying the newest incarnation of the Doctor.
With second half of seventh season companion Clara (Jenna Coleman) by his side, their intergalactic cadre will now boast Coal Hill Secondary School Teacher Danny Pink (Samuel Anderson) to bring a whole new balance to the time travelling platoon of heroes.
Like Us on Facebook
Anderson has previously played in British television shows such as "The History Boys" and "Doctors," and if his role is indeed to accompany both Coleman and Capaldi in their high-flying time challenging adventures, he will be in the company of some less common but well-renowned male companions in the show's history.
Samuel noted his pleasure at being included in one of the longest running and most celebrated English T.V. shows of all time: "I was so excited to join 'Doctor Who,' I wanted to jump and click my heels, but I was scared I might not come down before filming started," Anderson remarked in a statement.
"It's a quintessential part of British culture and I can't believe I'm part of it. It's an honor to be able to work alongside Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman, and I can't wait to show people how my character becomes involved with such a fantastic duo."
Interesting side note: Coal Hill Secondary School, where Clara Oswald and Danny Pink both work, will be appearing for the 4th time in the long running series. A small motif from the show's beginning, the school appeared in the first episode ever.
The next season, or 'series,' of the Doctor is likely to broadcast this upcoming Fall, although whether it will an August or September start date is still up in air as far as fans are aware.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Relient K's 'Mmhmm' Still Exudes Passion and Honesty 10 Years Later; Anniversary Tour Begins This Fall (Throwback Thursday)
In honor of Relient K's recently announced 10 year anniversary tour of their smash hit album Mmhmm, this week's Throwback Thursday is going to take a look at the album that put the band on the map for good.
God Over Money, (G.O.M) headed by popular Christian Rapper Bizzle, was eager to share the signing of their newest artist on social media Wednesday and the decision was met with much praise.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too