Cody Walker, Paul Walker's Brother to Complete Fast & Furious 7? Filmmaker's Currently Rewriting Script
The creators of Fast & Furious 7 have said they may use Paul Walker's brother Cody to finish the deceased actor's scenes in the upcoming movie because of their close resemblance.
The actor was reprising his role as Brian O'Connor, a character he had played in five of the six other movies, and according to the filmmaker's, nearly half of his performance was shot. Walker's younger 25-year-old brother Cody has film experience working as a stuntman, and now could step in to fill his brother's shoes. The producers of the movie have approached him on whether he would consider it reported EntertainmentWise.com.
Like Us on Facebook
"Producers had a string of meetings right after Paul's death. They soon realized they needed someone who looked like Paul to finish the movie and that's when they approached his nearly identical brother, Cody," a source told Mail Online. "They can shoot Cody from behind and at distance and if it's a shot they need Paul's face in close up they can CGI it later on. If Cody agrees it's because he wants to honor his brother's memory. There are many details that still need to be worked out, but right now the family and cast and crew are all still grieving."
Cody has not confirmed to be in the movie, and the script is still being revised and rewritten to reflect how they will proceed with the movie.
Walker tragically died in a car accident a little over three weeks ago after leaving a benefit event. The cast was on a short break from shooting and was originally scheduled to begin again the following day, but with Walker's untimely death, production has been plunged into limbo.
"Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our extended 'Fast & Furious' family of cast, crew and filmmakers," a release from the studio said at the time. "At this time we feel it is our responsibility to shut down production on 'Fast & Furious 7' for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise."
"We are committed to keeping 'Fast & Furious' fans informed, and we will provide further information to them when we have it. Until then, we know they join us in mourning the passing of our dear friend Paul Walker," it continued.
Producers had also stated they planned on meeting with the family to discuss what to do with Walker's character within the film.
The movie will be released in April 2015 according to a post by Vin Diesel on his Facebook.
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
- Kari Jobe on Helping People Connect to God, 'I'm Just Being Obedient to Fulfill the Calling I Have on My Life' (Interview Part 2)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘Keeping my Mind Focused on All God Says, is Becoming a Little Fragile at Times’ She States As She Enters Round Three of Chemo (PHOTO)
Last month, former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech wrote her fans with news that she started to lose her hair as she began chemo treatments. In a new blog posted the beginning of March, Zschech updates fans again while undergoing her third round of chemotherapy proclaiming that she is keeping her "MIND focused" on God's word.
Candace Cameron Bure Facebook: Actress Addresses Christian Supporters 'All I See is a Bunch of Religious People Throwing Around Bible Verses Attacking Each Other'
Candace Cameron Bure pens a blog titled "Who REALLY Runs My FB Page?" As the 37-year-old wife and mother of three gains popularity she also has gained a lot of criticism. "ME!" She exclaims answering the questioned posed in her headline.
Roma Downey and Mark Burnett are the married couple who created "The Bible" miniseries and the recent movie "Son of God," they said have gotten hundreds of emails from long-time believers and new converts revealing that the film has really touched their lives.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty