Cody Walker, Paul Walker's Brother to Complete Fast & Furious 7? Filmmaker's Currently Rewriting Script
The creators of Fast & Furious 7 have said they may use Paul Walker's brother Cody to finish the deceased actor's scenes in the upcoming movie because of their close resemblance.
The actor was reprising his role as Brian O'Connor, a character he had played in five of the six other movies, and according to the filmmaker's, nearly half of his performance was shot. Walker's younger 25-year-old brother Cody has film experience working as a stuntman, and now could step in to fill his brother's shoes. The producers of the movie have approached him on whether he would consider it reported EntertainmentWise.com.
Like Us on Facebook
"Producers had a string of meetings right after Paul's death. They soon realized they needed someone who looked like Paul to finish the movie and that's when they approached his nearly identical brother, Cody," a source told Mail Online. "They can shoot Cody from behind and at distance and if it's a shot they need Paul's face in close up they can CGI it later on. If Cody agrees it's because he wants to honor his brother's memory. There are many details that still need to be worked out, but right now the family and cast and crew are all still grieving."
Cody has not confirmed to be in the movie, and the script is still being revised and rewritten to reflect how they will proceed with the movie.
Walker tragically died in a car accident a little over three weeks ago after leaving a benefit event. The cast was on a short break from shooting and was originally scheduled to begin again the following day, but with Walker's untimely death, production has been plunged into limbo.
"Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our extended 'Fast & Furious' family of cast, crew and filmmakers," a release from the studio said at the time. "At this time we feel it is our responsibility to shut down production on 'Fast & Furious 7' for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise."
"We are committed to keeping 'Fast & Furious' fans informed, and we will provide further information to them when we have it. Until then, we know they join us in mourning the passing of our dear friend Paul Walker," it continued.
Producers had also stated they planned on meeting with the family to discuss what to do with Walker's character within the film.
The movie will be released in April 2015 according to a post by Vin Diesel on his Facebook.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty