Cody Walker, Paul Walker's Brother to Complete Fast & Furious 7? Filmmaker's Currently Rewriting Script
The creators of Fast & Furious 7 have said they may use Paul Walker's brother Cody to finish the deceased actor's scenes in the upcoming movie because of their close resemblance.
The actor was reprising his role as Brian O'Connor, a character he had played in five of the six other movies, and according to the filmmaker's, nearly half of his performance was shot. Walker's younger 25-year-old brother Cody has film experience working as a stuntman, and now could step in to fill his brother's shoes. The producers of the movie have approached him on whether he would consider it reported EntertainmentWise.com.
Like Us on Facebook
"Producers had a string of meetings right after Paul's death. They soon realized they needed someone who looked like Paul to finish the movie and that's when they approached his nearly identical brother, Cody," a source told Mail Online. "They can shoot Cody from behind and at distance and if it's a shot they need Paul's face in close up they can CGI it later on. If Cody agrees it's because he wants to honor his brother's memory. There are many details that still need to be worked out, but right now the family and cast and crew are all still grieving."
Cody has not confirmed to be in the movie, and the script is still being revised and rewritten to reflect how they will proceed with the movie.
Walker tragically died in a car accident a little over three weeks ago after leaving a benefit event. The cast was on a short break from shooting and was originally scheduled to begin again the following day, but with Walker's untimely death, production has been plunged into limbo.
"Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our extended 'Fast & Furious' family of cast, crew and filmmakers," a release from the studio said at the time. "At this time we feel it is our responsibility to shut down production on 'Fast & Furious 7' for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise."
"We are committed to keeping 'Fast & Furious' fans informed, and we will provide further information to them when we have it. Until then, we know they join us in mourning the passing of our dear friend Paul Walker," it continued.
Producers had also stated they planned on meeting with the family to discuss what to do with Walker's character within the film.
The movie will be released in April 2015 according to a post by Vin Diesel on his Facebook.
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Lecrae Speaks Out on Katy Perry Lawsuit; 'It's My Guy Flame's Song...that Statement About the Witchcraft...I Don't Stand Behind That' (VIDEO)
Lecrae addressed the lawsuit against Katy Perry in a recent MTV interview in which the rapper revealed he does not stand behind Christian rapper Flame's statements.
'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
BreatheCast attended the New York premiere of the film 'Persecuted' over the weekend and spoke with actresses Tanya Wright and Laura Gomez from 'Orange is the New Black'.
Chonda Pierce's Husband Remembered as 'Devoted and Loving'; GoFundMe Account Started for Family Raises Over $50K for Expenses (WAKE SCHEDULE)
Christian comedian Chonda Pierce lost her husband David this week after he suffered a hemorrhage brought upon by a heart attack and a major stroke. She is now asking people to stand by her in celebrating her husband's life.
Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
BreatheCast caught up with comedian/actor Brad Stine on the red carpet of the New York premier of 'Persecuted,' where he passionately declared that the media demeaning Christian or religious based stories is a violation of America's First Amendment rights.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too