Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
Christian music Godfather Carman was diagnosed with terminal, multiple myeloma cancer last February. Upon the receiving his diagnosis, he quickly went to work making a CD and music video project with Kickstarter. He announced the Kickstarter April and, as of this morning, has raised $273,510. This total has already eclipsed his $200,000 goal and there are still 25 days left.
The Kickstarter project opened on April 19 and will remain open until June 18, at 11:11 p.m. It will be a 60 day funding period, standard for Kickstarter campaigns. The project currently has 2,807 backers and has several different levels of incentives, based on contribution levels. The incentives range all the way from recieving the new Carman single before it's commercially available, to V.I.P. tickets to his shows, to getting Carman himself to come to your home church to perform, minister, and share new songs from his brand new CD.
Like Us on Facebook
On the wake of this new album, Carman has announced a 24 state, 60 city tour later this year. The tour plans to visit most regions of the US, ranging all the way from Florida to Portland. Most states will have several stops in the tour, so you can rest assured that Carman will be coming to a city near you sometime soon. You can find the details and full list of cities and states for his upcoming US tour on his Kickstarter page.
Carman's Kickstarter for his new album and tour will remain open until June 18th, so there's still time to jump in and help out. To get more information on how you can help, or to contribute to the Kickstarter campaign, visit Kickstarter and read about how to get involved. You can find Carman's Kickstarter home page.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Kevin Max Opens Up About DC Talk's Origins, Their 'Squeaky Clean' Persona, and His Divorce on This Week's Bad Christian Podcast (LISTEN HERE)
Christian music legend and former singer of DC Talk and Audio Adrenaline, Kevin Max, recently had a chat with the members of the Bad Christian podcast where he spoke about the origins of DC Talk, artists "faking it" in Christian music, and his own struggles with his personal life.
Pastor Shares Battle with Chronic Depression; Shares 6 Truths for Struggling Christians, 'As Long as I'm Alive, I have Jesus'
Depression is something that is often not addressed in the church, and is in fact often looked down upon for a believer. Christians are not supposed to be depressed because they have, "the love of Jesus" in their hearts. However, depression is something that can affect everyone in their daily lives and pastor and co-founder of Bad Christian, Joey Svendsen shared about his own troubles in a blog post.
Remedy Drive's declaration of war against human trafficking and sex slavery tops the music charts with their new single "Commodity."
Ghosts in a Pennsylvania Haunted house attacked a Fox News cameraman and reporter during a live interview with the homeowner, and the ghosts are allegedly caught on camera.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too