Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
Christian music Godfather Carman was diagnosed with terminal, multiple myeloma cancer last February. Upon the receiving his diagnosis, he quickly went to work making a CD and music video project with Kickstarter. He announced the Kickstarter April and, as of this morning, has raised $273,510. This total has already eclipsed his $200,000 goal and there are still 25 days left.
The Kickstarter project opened on April 19 and will remain open until June 18, at 11:11 p.m. It will be a 60 day funding period, standard for Kickstarter campaigns. The project currently has 2,807 backers and has several different levels of incentives, based on contribution levels. The incentives range all the way from recieving the new Carman single before it's commercially available, to V.I.P. tickets to his shows, to getting Carman himself to come to your home church to perform, minister, and share new songs from his brand new CD.
Like Us on Facebook
On the wake of this new album, Carman has announced a 24 state, 60 city tour later this year. The tour plans to visit most regions of the US, ranging all the way from Florida to Portland. Most states will have several stops in the tour, so you can rest assured that Carman will be coming to a city near you sometime soon. You can find the details and full list of cities and states for his upcoming US tour on his Kickstarter page.
Carman's Kickstarter for his new album and tour will remain open until June 18th, so there's still time to jump in and help out. To get more information on how you can help, or to contribute to the Kickstarter campaign, visit Kickstarter and read about how to get involved. You can find Carman's Kickstarter home page.
- Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Matthew West's 'Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour' Gives Fans a 'Chance to Go Deeper' by Bringing Life to Testimonies (INTERVIEW)
Contemporary Christian singer Matthew West spoke to BreatheCast about his upcoming "Hello, My Name Is...The Acoustic Tour," and touched upon his inspiration behind songs, how he tries to reach the audience, and much more.
Behind The Scenes Fun with Christian Musicians: Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and Jamie Grace Post Goofy Videos of Life on the Road (VIDEOS)
Some of Christian music's favorite musicians take to social media regularly to keep fans updated with video logs of their daily lives. Monday afternoon, artists Mandisa, Big Daddy Weave, Group 1 Crew and more all showed the lighter side of life on the road by posting videos of them or their tour mates dancing, jumping around, or being silly.
Malaysia Airlines Missing Plane: Flight 370 American Passenger Philip Wood Described as 'Man of God'
Philip Wood, a 50-year-old father of two and IBM executive, as one of the three Americans aboard the Boeing 777 jet that vanished during a flight from Malaysia to China, and his family describes him as caring, honorable, and a man of faith.
Audio Adrenaline, Kutless 'The Change A Life Tour' Brings High Energy Music Across America with Finding Favour and Shine Bright Baby (SCHEDULE/DATES)
Grammy and Dove Award winning band, Audio Adrenaline, along with modern rock/worship band Kutless began a 33-city Change A Life Tour this weekend.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty