Casting Crowns New Album, "Thrive" Release Date: Mark Hall Speaks about the Upcoming Album
The Grammy Award- winning Christian band, Casting Crowns, is currently in the studio producing their sixth-studio album, "Thrive". Christian music's biggest selling group will be releasing their new album this coming January. Casting Crown's frontman, Mark Hall, gave Provident Music Group a full biography of the inspiration behind the band's latest album. Each song on the new album will deal with certain personal and life issues that all of us go through on a daily basis. Tough topics such as family, love, and life's most challenging moments will be the basis of the tracks on the album, "Thrive".
Like Us on Facebook
" The idea of 'Thrive' came out of our student ministry. I've been a youth pastor for almost 22-years and it's still what i want to be when I grow up. The songs always really start with what we're teaching , and for years I've been using Pslams 1 in showing them what a believer looks like. It says:'Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruits in season'," stated Mark Hall.
Casting Crowns is known for producing songs that deliver powerful lyrics and inspire the listeners to evaluate their life with God. Since 2003, Casting Crowns has won Grammy Awards and 17-Gospel Music Association Dove Awards. Producer Mark Miller is back working with the band and has led them into crafting another collection of songs that are inspiring, yet innovative. Mark Hall stated that this album was made to directly draw a picture of what a believer of God would do to get close to Jesus in stating, "Hard times are going to come, but God didn't put you here just so you could survive through hard times. He put you here to thrive, to dig in and reach out. This record is an effort to draw a picture of what a believer, a follower of Jesus, would look like if they dug into their roots and understood God and themselves more,and then instead of trying to be Christian for God, they just let God give them chances to be a Christian." The sixth-studio album, "Thrive" will be released on January 28, 2014.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty