Casting Crowns New Album, "Thrive" Release Date: Mark Hall Speaks about the Upcoming Album
The Grammy Award- winning Christian band, Casting Crowns, is currently in the studio producing their sixth-studio album, "Thrive". Christian music's biggest selling group will be releasing their new album this coming January. Casting Crown's frontman, Mark Hall, gave Provident Music Group a full biography of the inspiration behind the band's latest album. Each song on the new album will deal with certain personal and life issues that all of us go through on a daily basis. Tough topics such as family, love, and life's most challenging moments will be the basis of the tracks on the album, "Thrive".
Like Us on Facebook
" The idea of 'Thrive' came out of our student ministry. I've been a youth pastor for almost 22-years and it's still what i want to be when I grow up. The songs always really start with what we're teaching , and for years I've been using Pslams 1 in showing them what a believer looks like. It says:'Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruits in season'," stated Mark Hall.
Casting Crowns is known for producing songs that deliver powerful lyrics and inspire the listeners to evaluate their life with God. Since 2003, Casting Crowns has won Grammy Awards and 17-Gospel Music Association Dove Awards. Producer Mark Miller is back working with the band and has led them into crafting another collection of songs that are inspiring, yet innovative. Mark Hall stated that this album was made to directly draw a picture of what a believer of God would do to get close to Jesus in stating, "Hard times are going to come, but God didn't put you here just so you could survive through hard times. He put you here to thrive, to dig in and reach out. This record is an effort to draw a picture of what a believer, a follower of Jesus, would look like if they dug into their roots and understood God and themselves more,and then instead of trying to be Christian for God, they just let God give them chances to be a Christian." The sixth-studio album, "Thrive" will be released on January 28, 2014.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Chris Pratt Reveals His Son 'Restored' His 'Faith in God' After Coma Scare (VIDEO)
Actor Chris Pratt and his wife actress Anna Faris underwent a great scare when their son was born premature and fell into a coma two years ago. However, miraculously recovered and the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' star says the experience "redefined" his faith in God.
Relient K's 'Mmhmm' Still Exudes Passion and Honesty 10 Years Later; Anniversary Tour Begins This Fall (Throwback Thursday)
In honor of Relient K's recently announced 10 year anniversary tour of their smash hit album Mmhmm, this week's Throwback Thursday is going to take a look at the album that put the band on the map for good.
God Over Money, (G.O.M) headed by popular Christian Rapper Bizzle, was eager to share the signing of their newest artist on social media Wednesday and the decision was met with much praise.
Emery's Toby Morrell Discusses the Christian Tactic of 'Scaring the Hell' Out of Non-Believers (BLOG POST)
Toby Morrell, lead singer of rock band Emery, and co-founder of Bad Christian, wrote a blog about Christians focusing too much on condemning people to Hell. Toby feels often times mentioning Hell to non-believers does more harm than good.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too