Casting Crowns New Album, "Thrive" Release Date: Mark Hall Speaks about the Upcoming Album
The Grammy Award- winning Christian band, Casting Crowns, is currently in the studio producing their sixth-studio album, "Thrive". Christian music's biggest selling group will be releasing their new album this coming January. Casting Crown's frontman, Mark Hall, gave Provident Music Group a full biography of the inspiration behind the band's latest album. Each song on the new album will deal with certain personal and life issues that all of us go through on a daily basis. Tough topics such as family, love, and life's most challenging moments will be the basis of the tracks on the album, "Thrive".
Like Us on Facebook
" The idea of 'Thrive' came out of our student ministry. I've been a youth pastor for almost 22-years and it's still what i want to be when I grow up. The songs always really start with what we're teaching , and for years I've been using Pslams 1 in showing them what a believer looks like. It says:'Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruits in season'," stated Mark Hall.
Casting Crowns is known for producing songs that deliver powerful lyrics and inspire the listeners to evaluate their life with God. Since 2003, Casting Crowns has won Grammy Awards and 17-Gospel Music Association Dove Awards. Producer Mark Miller is back working with the band and has led them into crafting another collection of songs that are inspiring, yet innovative. Mark Hall stated that this album was made to directly draw a picture of what a believer of God would do to get close to Jesus in stating, "Hard times are going to come, but God didn't put you here just so you could survive through hard times. He put you here to thrive, to dig in and reach out. This record is an effort to draw a picture of what a believer, a follower of Jesus, would look like if they dug into their roots and understood God and themselves more,and then instead of trying to be Christian for God, they just let God give them chances to be a Christian." The sixth-studio album, "Thrive" will be released on January 28, 2014.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘Keeping my Mind Focused on All God Says, is Becoming a Little Fragile at Times’ She States As She Enters Round Three of Chemo (PHOTO)
Last month, former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech wrote her fans with news that she started to lose her hair as she began chemo treatments. In a new blog posted the beginning of March, Zschech updates fans again while undergoing her third round of chemotherapy proclaiming that she is keeping her "MIND focused" on God's word.
Candace Cameron Bure Facebook: Actress Addresses Christian Supporters 'All I See is a Bunch of Religious People Throwing Around Bible Verses Attacking Each Other'
Candace Cameron Bure pens a blog titled "Who REALLY Runs My FB Page?" As the 37-year-old wife and mother of three gains popularity she also has gained a lot of criticism. "ME!" She exclaims answering the questioned posed in her headline.
Roma Downey and Mark Burnett are the married couple who created "The Bible" miniseries and the recent movie "Son of God," they said have gotten hundreds of emails from long-time believers and new converts revealing that the film has really touched their lives.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty